Fear Factor - Is it ever open?

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Dragonfly*Tink, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Dragonfly*Tink

Dragonfly*Tink Mouseketeer

Hi! Can anyone tell me if Fear Factor is ever open?? I have been to Universal 3 times in California for the past 2 years - March / April / October - it is always closed. I am hoping that Orlando is different!

My boyfriend would love to be able to do this and was so disappointed each time we discovered it was closed.

Thanks for any info!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Bluer101

Bluer101 Waiting till vacation comes, oh that's next week!

The only time I have seen it closed is Oct. for HHN. Then the rest of the year is only a few shows a day.:thumbsup2

4. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

universal california probably has a different schedule than the orlando Fear Factory.

don't know why the one on the west coast has been closed for those time periods. i have never been to that one.

Fear Factor area is used for the Bill and Ted's show for HHN each year.
    it closes down sometime in september to get it ready for hhn in october.
    sometimes the end of sept has dates for hhn also.

you can check the rehab schedule for closures.
    it would list them for the month we presently are in, not for the rehabs that will happen after this time period.
    ie, you will see january rehabs only while still in the month of january.
    february rehabs would not show up until feb most likely.

5. atricks

atricks Mouseketeer

Fear Factor in Hollywood is no more, it's being replaced by Creature From the Black Lagoon: The Musical. No Joke.

Orlando's is running and probably will for another year or two before the contract expires here. After that, who knows.

Replacing the “Fear Factor” stage show, the “Creature From the Black Lagoon” Broadway-style spectacular will feature “state-of-the-art stagecraft, acrobatic choreography and hilarious, toe-tapping music.” The storyline describes “an unexpectedly outrageous, strangely romantic, frequently melodic and often hilarious adventure” that will leave audiences “immersed in the ominous environment of the deepest Amazon” and “enveloped by the exotic sounds and scents of the jungle.”

I guess Hollywood's flavor of Beetlejuice

6. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

well, maybe that will be better than what is there now.

i never cared for the FF tv show.
    only saw the FF at orlando once and it wasn't my thing.

i know some love it
    i'm just not one of them.

the one thing that i like about FF is it keeps long lines away from some of my favorite rides..... :)

7. Dragonfly*Tink

Dragonfly*Tink Mouseketeer

Thanks, everyone!

I will hope that it will be running in May.

The one in California always says closed - as they are shooting on location!

8. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

[​IMG]

9. chrisb26

chrisb26 1177 Miles away!

When I was there last Thursday and Friday it was running shows probably 4 times a day. So I would guess unless something changes it would be running when you go.

10. Tinker-tude

Tinker-tude <font color=red>Proud Redhead!<br><font color=peac

We were there a week ago and they had several shows a day. You'll have to check the schedule closer to the day you want to go.

11. donaldduck352

donaldduck352 <font color=red><marquee>Proud Redhead</marquee><b

Was there yesterday and the Gators were there.The football players were all lined up to particepate.I thought it would be cool to see this,but it was nowhere too stand and evan see!!!