• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

FD/room only/package ... help me get this straight

twinnersmama

Mouseketeer
We currently are booked for Nov 29-Dec 7th - POP/MYW with dining plan.

IF they offer the FD to the general public like the pins received, the FD starts Nov 30th.

Would this work...
Room only for Nov 29th - check in, go to DTD, pay OOP for dinner and see Cirque
Begin package with FD for Nov 30- Dec 7th.

Do you have to actually check out and then check back in, change rooms, etc?? Or is it an automatic change over?

I am hoping our TA has heard of this ... surely she has and won't think I'm crazy, right?

You will have to go to the front desk on the morning of the 30th to check into your new package. They will do their best to keep you in the same room, and chances are pretty high that you will, but you still could be asked to move.

Beyond that, you can certainly do what you're asking, and it's been done many times :).

We currently are booked for Nov 29-Dec 7th - POP/MYW with dining plan.

IF they offer the FD to the general public like the pins received, the FD starts Nov 30th.

Would this work...
Room only for Nov 29th - check in, go to DTD, pay OOP for dinner and see Cirque
Begin package with FD for Nov 30- Dec 7th.

Do you have to actually check out and then check back in, change rooms, etc?? Or is it an automatic change over?

I am hoping our TA has heard of this ... surely she has and won't think I'm crazy, right?

If they offer FD for those dates, your plan will work. You will actually have to visit the desk and check-out and back in. When you make the room only reservation for 1 night, have the CM note that you have a continuing reservation and would like to stay in the same room. Make sure your room only is the same view/category as the package.
Have fun!

As the pp's have said, you will have to check out/in to get new KTTW cards for your package. Have your TA link the 2 reservations and put in a request for you to keep the same room (provided you book the same room type). When you check in for the room only reservation, tell the CM that you have a continuing reservation and would like to stay in the same room if possible. It's not guaranteed, but Disney will do everything they can to accommodate your request. Good luck and have a great trip.

exactly like this. Room only for 11/29 then my free dining package starts 11/30. Guest Services linked the ressies noting a continuing on the room only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter