FD coming

Ok, I am subscribing with my fingers crossed! My family is going in November and FD would be a nice perk! Maybe we should all go roll in pixie dust!pixiedust:

My new mantra is "Free dining will come, free dining will come...." Positivity breeds positivity, right?? ;)

Although I do believe free dining will be released soon, I don't really put much faith in CM rumors.

If they do offer FD and you are staying at a mod. resort, do you have to take the reg. dining plan or could you get the QSD. We only need qsd because we don't do character breakfasts anymore and we are only doing a couple of ts dining.I don't like being tied down to a reservation every day.

If they do offer FD and you are staying at a mod. resort, do you have to take the reg. dining plan or could you get the QSD. We only need qsd because we don't do character breakfasts anymore and we are only doing a couple of ts dining.I don't like being tied down to a reservation every day.

You get the regular DDP, but you can now use TS credits for CS meals anywhere on property, so it can be just like having the QSDP.

You get the regular DDP, but you can now use TS credits for CS meals anywhere on property, so it can be just like having the QSDP.

thanks so much. I know it would seem like such a waste to use a ts credit in place of a cs . Maybe I might try a few more ts meals but we'll have to see what happens this fall.

Why not take the ddp and just use what you need?

Sorry, I didn't read the responses before answering.....lol

I really want to believe this, but I just don't know. FD is hopefully coming, but there are so many conflicting sources. On a side note, the author of this thread said that the cast member told them that FD makes their job harder. How so?

I really want to believe this, but I just don't know. FD is hopefully coming, but there are so many conflicting sources. On a side note, the author of this thread said that the cast member told them that FD makes their job harder. How so?

as a former cast member, i worked in one of the qs restaurants.

I can tell you that free dining definitely made my job a lot harder.

1. A lot of people got free dining, but show up to the parks without any idea how it works and then proceed to tell you how stupid it is that they can't get x, y, or z on the plan and basically yell at you when you are just doing your job and cant give them chili on their hotdog because it isnt included.

2. you have to explain what the customer can get on the dining plan to almost every guest that comes through the line, which isn;t a big deal until you have said the same things 50-100x.

3. when there is free dining, more people will eat in in park restaurants, which makes them busier. which means more work for cms.

4. also people will get the free dining and not realize until they get there that they should have made reservations and take it out on any cm that is anywhere near them.

i understand the frustration that guests can have when they dont understand what they have or dont agree with policies, etc. and working at disney, you have to love to help people and generally just love your job.

I did and I would go back in a heart beat if they paid more. but during free dining after you have the same argument with 20+ customers in a day, you just learn to loathe free dining season.

The other day I called DW to ask if there was a pin attached to my name and there wasn't. I told the CM I was talking to that I was hoping for Free Dining in the fall but I had heard that there was not going to be any. I told her I was worried because we really plan on it and she told me not to give up hope, new specials will be coming out. I said again that I will be hoping for free dining and she said well you can always watch for specials. I am hoping she was hinting that it is coming.

Danny25 just said on a brand new thread "no news" and recommended not listening or getting hopes up based on anyone saying they heard someone say discount is coming, spoke to a CM, etc.

as a former cast member, i worked in one of the qs restaurants.

I can tell you that free dining definitely made my job a lot harder.

1. A lot of people got free dining, but show up to the parks without any idea how it works and then proceed to tell you how stupid it is that they can't get x, y, or z on the plan and basically yell at you when you are just doing your job and cant give them chili on their hotdog because it isnt included.

2. you have to explain what the customer can get on the dining plan to almost every guest that comes through the line, which isn;t a big deal until you have said the same things 50-100x.

3. when there is free dining, more people will eat in in park restaurants, which makes them busier. which means more work for cms.

4. also people will get the free dining and not realize until they get there that they should have made reservations and take it out on any cm that is anywhere near them.

i understand the frustration that guests can have when they dont understand what they have or dont agree with policies, etc. and working at disney, you have to love to help people and generally just love your job.

I did and I would go back in a heart beat if they paid more. but during free dining after you have the same argument with 20+ customers in a day, you just learn to loathe free dining season.

All of this it´s really true, from day one the FD was a plan with lots of details that need to be explained more to the guests. Sadly the CMs pays for the uninformation of this plan, I suffer everytime I´m in the line and see a guest trying to get something not included in the DP and the CM must explain again and again and again :confused3

All of this it´s really true, from day one the FD was a plan with lots of details that need to be explained more to the guests. Sadly the CMs pays for the uninformation of this plan, I suffer everytime I´m in the line and see a guest trying to get something not included in the DP and the CM must explain again and again and again :confused3

I wish they would make some minor changes, specially for QS. For example, what's the point on forcing you deserts. Many CMs allow you to sub a desert for a bottle of water but some don't. Allow the sub - cost is the same, and you'll give a lot of folks an option.

Typically the four of us would get two desserts and share as it's too much food.

We've asked families if they wanted the extra desserts and others have asked us the same.

I wish they would make some minor changes, specially for QS. For example, what's the point on forcing you deserts. Many CMs allow you to sub a desert for a bottle of water but some don't. Allow the sub - cost is the same, and you'll give a lot of folks an option.

Typically the four of us would get two desserts and share as it's too much food.

We've asked families if they wanted the extra desserts and others have asked us the same.

I wish that Disney would take into account medical needs or dietary restrictions due to some medical needs or simply a lifestyle change. Some people cannot have desserts let alone twice a day every day. I wish they would offer a side salad or some other option instead of dessert. Our lifestyles changed due to DH having some medical issues and watching calorie intake is a big part of him getting healthier. We haven't done the dining plan in two years because of the dessert thing

Is this really any different than any other restaurant though? How often does a waitress at Chili's have to explain what comes with a meal, what's extra, etc? It's just a fact of life with food service. :confused3

Is this really any different than any other restaurant though? How often does a waitress at Chili's have to explain what comes with a meal, what's extra, etc? It's just a fact of life with food service. :confused3

Completely different. Most people who go to Chili's understand that they have certain sides that can be exchanged for fries. People on dining plans often want to try to substitute appetizers for desserts, bottled drinks for desserts, don't know what can be substituted since the menus don't always list all of the available offerings, etc. Then there are the QS locations where all of these questions have to be answered quickly to keep the line moving. Lines that are on both sides of the cashiers. I can understand how exhausting that must be for CMs all day long. Also, at Chili's, a waitress could have maybe 10 or 12 tables of people in an hour, while a QS cashier would have to deal with that many people in 10 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter