Favourite Ride and Why?

I guess "everything" isn't an acceptable answer? Neither is listing off 10 rides I love equally and have to ride every trip, so if I was given Sophie's Choice I would say Indiana Jones. Total immersion from the second you approach the entrance to the queue, until you step back out into Adventureland. And one of the best soundtracks! When you hit the bridge and look to the left and see the skull cavern and it's all "AHHHH AH AH, AHHHH AH AH" so awesome! And don't get bitten by the snake! And duck when the poison darts are shooting at you! Is that a boulder?!?!? Look out!!! Why did it have to be tourists?

Haha. That means all rides are awesome. Can't wait for our first trip to Disneyland

So hard! If I had to choose it would be POC with Peter Pan coming in at a close second. In California Adventure Soarin.

Midnightred

Great thread!

I think my favorites tend to change based on the quality of the maintenance. Splash Mountain would be a good candidate for DL favorite ride, but for a long time it was in horrible shape. Last December I rode again and it seemed restored to its original luster, but I still feel burned. I can't enjoy it the way I used to when it first opened.

DL - Right now I think my favorite is Alice, the enhanced effects just make the ride seem so alive. I have a blast every single time I ride it.
DCA - Would have been Tower of Terror (and it may be again after the retheme, time will tell) but now it has to be California Screamin'. I was immensely disappointed with the new "world" video for Soarin' so that ride has dropped out of contention for favorite.

Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean. As far as I am concerned it is a perfect ride and the zenith of Disney Imagineering. There may have been more technologically advanced rides since its opening but I don't think there has been anything that combine the technology of the day with atmosphere and story the way Pirates does.

I've only been there once when I was four, but I loved the Haunted Mansion and Mission to Mars (which doesn't exist anymore).

DL - Space Mountain. I *love* the theming, the speed, the music, everything. It's always the first ride we go on and it makes me SO happy. I also really love the Ghost Galaxy overlay. Tied for second would be Splash Mountain and Indiana Jones.

DCA - Well, this seems to be an unpopular opinion, but I absolutely love Soarin' Over the World. I like it even better than the original, which pushed it into my favorite spot. Second would be a tie between Screamin' and TSMM.

I'm on the fence between Radiator Springs and Matterhorn. RS is definitely more fun, but the line is always crazy. Matterhorn is a blast and the line can be long but it moves fast.

POC. The theming is incredible as you travel through the story. Being on the boat is very relaxing and allows you to fully
absorb the story, the smell, the sights, and the cool air. And let's not forget the multiple hidden Mickey sightings!

The train. I love riding the train once around the park just to sit, relax and take in all the hustle, bustle and the most important, the beauty of the park. If my family would let me, I would love to sit and ride it for a couple of hours straight, just to look at the park!
While not my favorite, the last few trips have taught me just how much I missed having the train around. I am really looking forward to it's reopening this summer.

It's a 100% tie between PoTC and Radiator Springs Racers. Does that count as favorite ride per park, since they're both in separate parks? I hope haha! I've gone to WDW dozens upon dozens of times now, and DL/DCA twice, but those are definitely the best. A very close second is Indiana Jones!

My other favorite, though in a "sentimental category" way, is Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. It was my favorite WDW ride as a child until it was sadly taken from us, but I am so happy I can still experience it in DL! It's funny to ride it now at age 28, it's much more ...adult? ... than I remember! Absolutely adore it.

My favorite in DL is POC -- it's just so immersive. Love the smells and even the feel of the ride on your skin -- damp in places, the mist, the occasional splash of water. And I have a thing for pirates. ;) Followed pretty closely by Splash.

In DCA, Soarin', even though they've changed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter