Favourite offsite restaurant

Bahama Breeze :lovestruc

The almond crusted salmon with a lemon butter sauce and rice was to die for and I can't wait to go back there next year.

Sweet Tomatoes on I Drive - all the types of salad you could ever want with delicious home made soups and pasta to follow.

There is now a Sweet Tomatoes right across 535 from Disney "hotel row" at The Crossroads. Much closer than going to I Drive!

I am glad I posted this now as there seem to be lots of different restaurants coming up not just the same few. :thumbsup2

Keep them coming. :)

There is now a Sweet Tomatoes right across 535 from Disney "hotel row" at The Crossroads. Much closer than going to I Drive!

I've been slightly put off that one by WayneG's review of it soon after it opened. I'll probably give it a go next time we are out there (2011 :sad2: ) but I think I Drive will remain our favourite of the two.

I am glad I posted this now as there seem to be lots of different restaurants coming up not just the same few. :thumbsup2

Keep them coming. :)
I'm glad you posted it too Claire! Even though we stay off-site we tend to eat on-site and this time I want to be a bit more adventurous!

If I can only choose one, I have to go for Salt Island Fish Market and Chop House on International Drive. We discovered this more or less by accident in 2005 and we have loved this ever since.

Corinna

If you want to go to Texas de Brazil, make sure you sign up for their newsletter. They send you vouchers (not often, so they aren't spamming you) with special offers. And when it's your birthday and anniversary you also get a voucher for 1 free diner (based on 1 paying), so fill out your anniversary according to your time in Orlando ;)

We always do this to - just re register with a different email address before we go:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I've been slightly put off that one by WayneG's review of it soon after it opened. I'll probably give it a go next time we are out there (2011 :sad2: ) but I think I Drive will remain our favourite of the two.

I suspect it wasn't Wayneg's intention to put anyone off going to the new Sweet Tomatoes at the Crossroads. We went 2/3 times on our recent trip and I never thought about Wayne's comments during our first visit, it looked pretty much the same as the IDrive restaurant to me. It was on our second visit when I looked up at the ceiling with its industrial type A/c tubes (I presume) that I thought about his sports hall analogy. Otherwise it is very similar, perhaps a little larger but fresh and new with very friendly staff and much closer to our Formosa Gardens area villa.

Our best discoveries this year were Texas de Brazil (thanks to the recommendations on disboards) where the food was great after a 40 minute delay despite an 8pm reservation when their computers were down causing absolute chaos at reception. But probably our favourite was the new Olive Garden west of Formosa Gardens on the 192. A really good all round dining experience. Someone mentioned the bread sticks. They really are very good and we made the mistake on our first visit of ordering flat bread (also superb)as well as a starter not realising that there would also be bread sticks.
Fortunately I just left enough room for a brillant steak. :rolleyes1

We love IHOP for breakfast, can't get enough of those pancakes! Cafe tu tu tango is good too, not your usual sit down and order the traditional courses, you choose a few different dishes and they are bought out to you randomly, can recommend the potstickers. Definately Golden Corral for value and range, Red Lobster good for seafood.

Agree about Sweet Tomatoes - love it there and great value.

Last time we were in Sarasota we went to Carrabbas for the first time and really liked it - food really tasty and good service. Can't vouch for the ones in Orlando though

Rather tragic but I've been hooked on Denny's since the mid-90's...

their hand-dipped milkshakes are to die for, and no matter where you might be going while on holiday out there, you're never far from one!

I'll have a Grand Slam Breakfast to go please!

Thinking about it, I could really destroy one right now....

Not really a restuarant but you got to love Krispy Kreme!!!

ohhh I love Krispy kreme's! We have them in our local Tesco too but they are never as fresh as when you get them freshly made in the store. :teeth:

Rather tragic but I've been hooked on Denny's since the mid-90's...

their hand-dipped milkshakes are to die for, and no matter where you might be going while on holiday out there, you're never far from one!

I'll have a Grand Slam Breakfast to go please!

Thinking about it, I could really destroy one right now....

what does hand dipped mean??

we also like dennys, kids think its great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter