Favourite Illuminations Spot

To the left of Rose and Crown when facing it. There is the seating area and then right past it there is a place right up at the water I love to sit at. Restroom across from it. Great view. It's sort of our of the way because of some grass nearby and a tree.

We've had dinner at Rose and Crown and were able to watch Illuminations from there twice. These's no guarantees that you will get good viewing seats just because you make an ADR, but we have been lucky. If you are lucky and get outside lagoon seats for, say, 7:30, you will have one of the best viewing spots in Epcot.

Japan! The first year we went we were in Japan when the start of Illuminations caught us by surprise (noobs at the time) and it has been our sentimental favorite ever since.

Depends on which way the wind is blowing. Seriously.

So true! Fourth of July night (those who have been can attest to the sheer amount of fireworks), there was so much smoke by us (we were standing in Showcase Plaza) and afterwards, when I walked away, I saw all these little dots on my skin. Turns out they were residue from the fireworks!

Depends on which way the wind is blowing. Seriously.

Exactly! Its most important to be up-wind. With that caveat then go for anything with a clear view of the center of the lagoon. There is no location that will allow you to see everything so don't stress about it.

Upwind. If you're downwind of the fireworks, expect to be overwhelmed by a lot of smoke and possibly hit with firework embers. I got a hot ember in my eye this past August (not fun). Got back to the hotel room that night and had burn marks on my clothing as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter