Favourite Counter Service?

RadioMom

There's no place like home...and Walt Disney World
We are heading to the World next summer and this time we are going to enjoy the counter service meal plan. I'm actually looking forward to not being tied down to a table service/park this time!
So, we have one vegetarian in the crowd and two omnivores! And no one is ultra picky about what we eat.
What are your favourite counter service spots throughout the World? Or resort? We're staying at Pop this time.

We love the FC at POR- the made to order pasta and salad bars keep the whole family happy.
And the Magic Cookie Bar makes MOM happy!

We love the FC at POR- the made to order pasta and salad bars keep the whole family happy.
And the Magic Cookie Bar makes MOM happy!

MAGIC COOKIE BARS??? Now that sounds worth a snack credit!:yay:

My favorite CS use to be Pepper Market. I loved the setting, the variety of foods offered, and actually the whole different way it was set up BUT we just returned from a short trip and had dinner there. I was so disappointed.:sad2:

Some the parts are closed up like the Wok and stir fry section. Other menu items are just plain gone, like the steak and baked potatoes. I would no longer recommend Pepper Market as an even a good CS.

Since you are staying at the POP you can visit Pop's CS area. The food is pretty good, there is a fine variety and the CM are helpful. We all tried something different but I had the Parmesan Pasta Chicken and it was quite tasty. DH had the fried chicken dinner and said it was good too. They have special that change with the night of the week.

We also had a kind CM explain that for dessert we could have anything from the sundae bar area. He stamped our receipt and that allowed us 90 minutes to eat and then return to have them make us a sundae. I had a hot fudge sundae where I picked the flavor of the hard pack ice cream. You could choose toppings also. I had hot fudge, nuts, whipped cream and a cherry. It was good.

We also enjoy Cosmic Rays in Magic Kingdom. I think the rib and chicken dinner is quite good. You get smashed potatoes and a vegetable along with a dessert and beverage. My one DD is a vege and she had one of the vege entrees a few years back and said it was good. She was not with us this trip. Be aware there are three different stations there, each with their own menu. Their fixings bar is quite the spread. We all love their mushrooms.

We had a pizza and sandwiches from Wolfgang Puck express. They were pretty good too. It is in Downtown Disney near Cirque.

On the other side of Downtown Disney is Earl of Sandwich. We have had good sandwiches there in the past. It gets super crowded right at lunch time.

Those are some of our favorites. Hope you find the ones you like best too!:goodvibes

Pepper Market at Coronado has always been a favorate but its been a year since we've been there.

Our current favorate is POR food courts create your own pasta. Large portions and excellent sauces with mix in items such as shrimp, chicken and more. For a relaxing way to get there take the free boat from DTD. It is the longest boat ride at WDW traveling several miles up the river.

Another on our list is Wolf Gang Pucks Express at DTD. Two locations, both are excellent.

Next up is Seasons at Epcot. Very good selection of entrees at various food stations so theres something for everyone.

AK: Flame Tree (combos are big enough to share especially if you use a snack credit for an order of FF to share with it)

HS: Min and Bill's Dockside (pretzel dogs, Italian Sausage & peppers hoagie and THICK chocolate milk shakes)

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons (yummy desserts), Yakitori House (curry chicken reminds me of my exchange year in Japan in college)

MK: Columbia Harbour House (tuna sandwich and fried fish/chicken basket)

We love Ray's at MK,- there are bays with each a different menu, and some of the selections can be shared. Great topping's bar :thumbsup2

Captain Hooks at the Poly, - take a break and head over there to relax and check out the resort.

Sunshine seasons at Epcot (Future World), big variety.

All the counter service in Epcot ( World Showcase) offer different food choice's
We like to get the fish n chips basket outside of the Rose and Crown, they are the same as what is served inside the restaurant but without the peas.

POFQ and POR - are a boat trip from DTD - and each food Court has some special offerings, very nice ride, Riverside has the made to order pasta.

ESPN - is not QS - but if you want to take a break and pay oop, it's just a walk around the corner, out the back gate in world showcase, to the boardwalk, They have really great appetizers. We have gone gotten 2 or 3 to split between DH, myself and 2 DD's and there was more than enough food. And it won't break the bank.

My very favorite is Wolfgang Puck Express in the DTD Marketplace. The food is NOT like most counter service places, it's more like a TS in my opinion, and probably the best use of a counter service credit!!! We eat there at least twice per trip... :love:

My very favorite is Wolfgang Puck Express in the DTD Marketplace. The food is NOT like most counter service places, it's more like a TS in my opinion, and probably the best use of a counter service credit!!! We eat there at least twice per trip... :love:

The fact that this answer took so long in the thread to come out is a shame. :confused:

The fact that this answer took so long in the thread to come out is a shame. :confused:

True! Wolfgang Express and POR's Pasta bar are by far the two best use of CS credits we've found. Excellent food well above most other CS places.

Another vote for Wolfgang Puck's Express! The meal is brought to your table and the selection is great! Best mac and cheese in the World!!!

Ok - we eat nearly all dinners at Wolfgang Puck's express (if staying closer to DTD). We have tried a variety of foods on the menu and were never disappointed. My son is 19, and has eaten at WPE since he was younger. He liked the pizzas, but he enjoyed the more interesting things too.

My other favorite is Tangeriene Cafe. It is a great value and the food quality is excellent.

Harbor House in MK has a great shrimp basket. Pecos Bills has awesome burgers.

Really there is something for everyone.

The QS plan is my favorite. We don't have to make ADRs. I even tried to see if we stayed at a Mod or Deluxe during free dining if they would let us have QS instead of the regular plan. No dice... So we again rented points from a VC member and we are purchasing the QS plan for our trip during the Food and Wine Festival.

Hope this helps!

Amy :cheer2:

Ok - we eat nearly all dinners at Wolfgang Puck's express (if staying closer to DTD). We have tried a variety of foods on the menu and were never disappointed. My son is 19, and has eaten at WPE since he was younger. He liked the pizzas, but he enjoyed the more interesting things too.

My other favorite is Tangeriene Cafe. It is a great value and the food quality is excellent.

Harbor House in MK has a great shrimp basket. Pecos Bills has awesome burgers.

Really there is something for everyone.

The QS plan is my favorite. We don't have to make ADRs. I even tried to see if we stayed at a Mod or Deluxe during free dining if they would let us have QS instead of the regular plan. No dice... So we again rented points from a VC member and we are purchasing the QS plan for our trip during the Food and Wine Festival.

Hope this helps!

Amy :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter