Favorites...

Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye - at DL.
I just love it - so well done.

That is awesome... I've not been to DL since the early/mid 90s... we're planning to visit in February if all goes as planned!

Yeah I know I've not listed my favourites yet as it's hard to choose!

So Jay, you never did tell us what your favorites are!

LOL. I was wondering if anyone would notice.

My top 10, in no particular order are:

Haunted Mansion
Expedition Everest
Soarin'
Tower of Terror
Carousel of Progress
Pirates
Winnie the Pooh
Splash Mountain
Mickey's Philharmagic
Muppetvision

I don't have a favorite non-Disney park really, though if I had to pick one it'd probably be Valleyfair (the fair in Cedarfair) ;) because I worked there for a few years and was an AP holder for several. (and it's my home park)

I like any post where u get to name favorites :-)
Mine is the Haunted Mansion (surprised?)--POTC is a close 2nd...followed by the
wedway people mover(and thats all Ill ever call it)
I also love Universal and my fave non Disney attraction now is Forbidden Journey but Im also a huge Jaws fan. i just love it.

My top ten attractions are:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
2. Haunted Mansion
3. Pirates of the Caribbean
4. Tower of Terror
5. Expedition Everest
6. The Great Movie Ride
7. Spaceship Earth
8. Kilimanjaro Safaris
9. Winnie the Pooh
10. Peter Pan

Favorite non Disney park? Not really sure on that one, only really ever been to Busch Gardens in Virginia, Universal Orlando, and Sea World in Orlando. If I had to pick one it would be Universal, but I only went before Potter, I am sure I would love it now since I love Harry!

As for Non Disney ride it would have to be Spider Man at Islands of Adventure.

Having to whittle my list down to ten is like trying to pick my favorite Disney Princess. Since Little Mermaid was my first favorite Disney movie, (and the first big movie when I was little) I usually just stick with Ariel and Ursula, but some days I change up...depending on my mood. Hmm..

1) Space Mountain
2) Buzz Lightyear
3) BTMRR
4) Pirates
5) Splash Mountain
6) Nemo
7) The Great Movie Ride
8) The Little Mermaid @ Hollywood Studios
9) Tower of Terror
10) Dinosaur (Only because it scared the tarnations out of me!!!!)

As far as my favorite ride that's NOT a Disney ride, I'd honestly have to say that any sort of Tilt-A-Whirl at any local carnival is always appreciated! Or the Viper at Six Flags over Georgia. Only because I rode it like seven times in one day!! In lieu of naming a non-Disney favorite park, I think that the Tennessee Aquarium is absolutely a must-see! Rock City and Ruby Falls are sort of tourist-trappy, at least to me.

Oooh, good thread!

My favorite Disney ride will always be Splash Mountain. I loved the Brer Rabbit books growing up and will never forget my first trip to Disney, finding out that the theme to the ride was Brer Rabbit! I still have my plush Brer Rabbit from 1993! After Splash, I love TSMM, RNR, ToT, and Space Mountain! :thumbsup2

My favorite non-Disney ride would be Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure! :yay:

So... it appears that we need some life here.

What can I ask to bring the board back from the dead...

What's your favorite attraction at any Disney Park? Top ten?
Favorite non-Disney park or ride?

These favorite attractions are not in any particular order and I love them for different reasons
1. Haunted Mansion
2. Splash Mountain
3. WEDway People mover/Tomorrowland Transit Authority
4. Tower of Terror
5. Mission:Space
6. Universe of Energy
7. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
8. Fantasmic
9. Wishes
10. The attraction yet to be conceived

I love Islands of Adventure.

That's my list for today. Tomorrow it can be totally different. It's so hard to pick and choose when you love so many things.

10 favorite Disney attractions, in no particular order:

TTA (MK)
Carousel of Progress (MK)
Space Mountain (DL version)
California Screamin' (DCA)
Expedition Everest (AK)
Pirates of the Caribbean (MK)
Haunted Mansion (MK)
Spaceship Earth (Epcot)
American Adventure (Epcot)
Star Tours 2.0 (DHS)

Honorable mentions: Muppetvision 3D (DHS), Great Movie Ride (DHS). If Disney ever refurbs them, they'll probably make it back into my Top Ten. Also Ellen's Energy Adventure (Epcot) and Rock N Roller Coaster (DHS).

One of the interesting thing I noticed is that 4 of my 10 favorite attractions are in the Magic Kingdom, but MK is actually my least favorite park to visit. Hmm, must think about this some more....

Favorite non-Disney Attraction: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (IoA)

One of the interesting thing I noticed is that 4 of my 10 favorite attractions are in the Magic Kingdom, but MK is actually my least favorite park to visit. Hmm, must think about this some more....

Favorite non-Disney Attraction: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (IoA)

I think your comment is an important one. There is more to a theme park than an individual attraction. The World Showcase at Epcot is beloved, yet there are hardly many traditional attractions.

There is more to a theme park than an individual attraction. The World Showcase at Epcot is beloved, yet there are hardly many traditional attractions.

Right there with you. One of my favorite evening things to do at WDW is having dinner at World Showcase and then Eating Dessert Around the World, followed by Illuminations.

Favorite non-Disney park is Cedar Point! (but I'm partial since I used to work there!) Millennium Force is the greatest roller coaster ever!!!

Top 10 Disney Rides:
1. Tower of Terror
2. Splash Mountain
3. Space Mountain
4. Dinosaur
4. Toy Story Midway Mania
5. Rock'n'Roller Coaster
6. Expedition Everest
7. Soarin'
8. Haunted Mansion
9. Kilimanjaro Safaris
10. Star Tours

Favorite Defunct Disney Ride:
ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter

My Top 10 are: My Favourite Non-Disney Attraction
Soarin' Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Expedition Everest
Mickey's Philharmagic
Haunted Mansion (MK)
Tower of Terror (DHS)
Pirates of the Caribbean (DL)
Phantom Manor (DLRP)
Star Tours 2.0
The Voyage of The Little Mermaid

Current Disney favorites: TSMM @ WDW & Indiana Jones @ DL
Non-Disney Park - Though Harry Potter Forbidden Journey is excellent, we enjoyed the animal interactions so much at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

What's your favorite attraction at any Disney Park? Top ten?
Favorite non-Disney park or ride? ;)

Favorite Attraction at Any Disney park is a tough one, I like Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, the Roller Coaster rides, even the slower rides....but I guess I would have to say the American Adventure at Epcot. After all of these years, I still get chocked up watching it.

My favorite non-Disney ride would be Forbidden Journey at IOA. I can't wait a few more years to take my kid on this one. But I have to admit, I haven't visited a lot of non-Disney parks outside of your small town fairs and local amusement parks that offer up nothing too special.

Big thunder (when wishes is going off)
Splash mountain drop (when wishes is going off)
Great Movie Ride
Expedition Everest
and Illuminations

Hmmm...

Spaceship Earth
Tower of Terror
Expedition Everest
Mission Space
Soaring
Space Mountain
Pirates
Finding Nemo the Musical
Peter Pan
Screamin (had to give DLR one shout out!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter