• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorites...

chwgmjay

I think your giraffe is being towed.
So... it appears that we need some life here.

What can I ask to bring the board back from the dead...

What's your favorite attraction at any Disney Park? Top ten?
Favorite non-Disney park or ride?

Come on, I know you guys are out there! ;)

And, yes, Mike, I already know what your answer as to favorite non-Disney park is. ;)

Love "Drinking Around the World" at Epcot! After 11 years I have finally given up my Florida Resident Annual Pass as I am so disappointed with the lack of anything new (sorry - but new Fantasyland just doesn't cut it with me). Miss the old days when going to Pleasure Island ment dressing up, dancing at the clubs, enjoying the Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse, and keeping entrance a "ticket only" experience so you don't have to worry about tripping over strollers. Only go to Universal now, but will rejoin Disney Family im sure in the next few years when I start to miss it!:thumbsup2

Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland. It is always the attraction that we go on before heading up to dinner. Unfortunately it will be out of service while we are there in October.

Top 10 Disney Rides:

Toy Story Mania
Rock N Roll Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror

Splash Mountain
Thunder Mountain Railroad
Space Mountain
Haunted Mansion

Test Track
Soarin

Mount Everest

Top Non Disney Ride:

Universal's Spider Man

Tower of Terror DHS

Space Mountain DL

Haunted Mansion MK

Mickey's Philharmagic MK

Expedition Everest AK

And one you might not believe:

Heimlich's Chew Chew Train DCA: We rode this last time we were there. It was pretty funny. Heimlich narrates the whole thing. The theming is charming. I won't miss it again!

Ric

EPCOT is our favorite park, and yep we still like Spaceship Earth. :confused3

We (well I ) do like Splash Mountain, and BTMRR too. Not a huge fan of MK though.

Kind of tired of Disney's cut backs and changes. :guilty: We still have our APs but we don't go nearly as often as we used to (almost weekly).

Non-Disney? We really aren't park people, although we have done Universal and Sea World and Busch. Didn't like Busch at all. Universal, meh. Sea World is ok...

Favorite ride there. There are rides at Sea World? ;)

Favourite WDW Park: AK

Favourite WDW Attraction: Toy Story

Favourite Non-DisneyPark: Don't really like them

Favorite Disney rides, in no special order:
Grizzly River Run - one of the things DCA did right
Expedition Everest
Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror (DHS)
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Soarin' (Over California)
Indiana Jones and the Temple Of Doom
Haunted Mansion (WDW)
Splash Mountain (WDW)
Peter Pan's Flight
Storybookland Canal Boats - love the miniatures
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Space Mountain (edge to DL)

Sorry... Couldn't limit to 10!

favorite non-Disney:

That's tougher, and I haven't visited non-Disney parks very often lately. Here are some candidates:

Steel Eel (Sea World of Texas)
El Aseradero (world's first log flume ride -at Six Flags Over Texas)
ET the Extra Terrestrial
(I'm guessing that there are some others at Universal Studios that should be on this list, but I haven't been in over 10 years)

Ultra-Twister (Astroworld)
Back To The Future
But these last two are long-gone

El Aseradero (world's first log flume ride -at Six Flags Over Texas)

It was built in '63, the same year as the Mill Race at Cedar Point....but we'll let Six Flags take this one....they dont get much! :laughing:

You need to give Cedar Point a try! ;)

I've been to Cedar Point 1.5 times.

The first time was a miserable day.

The second time I didn't make it since our bus went off the road into the ditch near Oregon (is that right?). I ended up spending my day as the signing authority and pseudo-parent for 14 hospitalized kids aged 10-16.

I really don't think I want to try again. But, if we're ever in the area at the same time you can try to change my mind.

It was built in '63, the same year as the Mill Race at Cedar Point....but we'll let Six Flags take this one....they dont get much! :laughing:

It's what I get for putting too much faith in the Six Flags marketing machine!

El Aseradero is one of the few areas left there that has any remnents of the park's original charm.

I'm not a big fan of what Six Flags has become under years of corporate mismanagement. Maybe I'll get out to Cedar Point some day!

Pooh's Hunny Hunt at Tokyo Disneyland
Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo DisneySea
Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland Paris
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland Paris
Haunted Mansion at Walt Disney World
Indiana Jones at Disneyland

And I must admit that Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at IOA was awesome.

What's your favorite attraction at any Disney Park? Star Tours

Top ten? In no particular order:
TSMM
Star Tours
ToT
Splash Mountain
Aerosmith
EE
Peter Pan
Soarin
Haunted Mansion
CoP (cause everyone needs nap time at Disney!)

Favorite non-Disney park or ride?
Park: I like our local zoo. If you mean theme park, I guess it would be Busch Gardens.
Ride: The Mummy at Universal

Its so hard to pick my fave. WDW attraction but I always go back and forth between PotC and HM. I also adore Splash Mountain and BTMR. As for fave non-Disney ride? Probably The Mummy at USO.

So Jay, you never did tell us what your favorites are!

Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye - at DL.
I just love it - so well done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter