• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Favorites" Book Exchange - Sent/Received

My books arrived yesterday from Rebecca (liamsaunt). She couldn't decide between two favorites and sent two. :goodvibes I received the two books along with an assortment of herbal teas and cocoa in a canvas bag-BU- Boston University??? The two books are Naked by David Sedaris and Tender at the Bone by Ruth Reichl. I haven't read either but have looked at Sedaris' books often. They are both "calling my name" as I DIS. ;)

Three days off from school for Easter Break. :cheer2: I'm already reading two books with two more waiting in the bookcase. Hmmm??? What should I read???

Thanks again, Rebecca, from a fellow reading addict! :banana:

My books are going out today Priority...as soon as I get off the DIS... :rolleyes:

sjh801 said:
My books arrived yesterday from Rebecca (liamsaunt). She couldn't decide between two favorites and sent two. :goodvibes I received the two books along with an assortment of herbal teas and cocoa in a canvas bag-BU- Boston University??? The two books are Naked by David Sedaris and Tender at the Bone by Ruth Reichl. I haven't read either but have looked at Sedaris' books often. They are both "calling my name" as I DIS. ;)

Three days off from school for Easter Break. :cheer2: I'm already reading two books with two more waiting in the bookcase. Hmmm??? What should I read???

Thanks again, Rebecca, from a fellow reading addict! :banana:

My books are going out today Priority...as soon as I get off the DIS... :rolleyes:

Glad you received it! I hope you like the books. And yes, it is a Boston University tote.

Just thought I would check back in before I go.

Sounds like some good books have been received. And some new titles for me to look for at the library.

The package I mailed was delivered yesterday according to DC.

My package was mailed today, as was my daughter's and my son's, so all three packages went out today!! :thumbsup2

I received my exchange today from Kirby! :banana:

This is what I got: The Shop On Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber!
I have read some of her books, but not that one, I am already 20 pages into and loving it already!

I also received a Disney World Bookmark and 4 Yankee Candle Tarts (Calla Lily, Fresh Peach, Granny Smith, and Country Linen)!

Thanks so much Kirby, I love everything that I got! :cool1:

My daughter received her exchange today also from Colleen, Mickeyfan2!

She thought it was her birthday, she got sooo much stuff!

She got three books: The Chronicles of Narnia, Dolphins at Day Break, and Junie B Jones and The Stupid Smelly Bus. (She loves the Junie B. series).

She also recieved stickers, Cinderella cards, pencils, a large package of Peeps, colored pencils, Disney shampoo, Disney soap, Disney conditioner, 2 packages of Mousketeer Cookies, a Princess Activity Book, Large Reeses Easter Egg filled with candy, a Disney Springtime Fun CD, a Peep coloring book, a Lunchnotes note pad (it looks like a sandwich), 2 eggs filled with playdoh, and a Disney Magic Towel. :faint:

Also it was all wrapped seperately in wrapping paper!

I cannot thank you enough Colleen, my DD was just absolutely thrilled with everything. We have already read the Narnia book today and plan on starting the Junie B book tonight!

I hope everyone has a great Easter and happy reading!

JennaTX said:
My daughter received her exchange today also from Colleen, Mickeyfan2!

She thought it was her birthday, she got sooo much stuff!

She got three books: The Chronicles of Narnia, Dolphins at Day Break, and Junie B Jones and The Stupid Smelly Bus. (She loves the Junie B. series).

She also recieved stickers, Cinderella cards, pencils, a large package of Peeps, colored pencils, Disney shampoo, Disney soap, Disney conditioner, 2 packages of Mousketeer Cookies, a Princess Activity Book, Large Reeses Easter Egg filled with candy, a Disney Springtime Fun CD, a Peep coloring book, a Lunchnotes note pad (it looks like a sandwich), 2 eggs filled with playdoh, and a Disney Magic Towel. :faint:

Also it was all wrapped seperately in wrapping paper!

I cannot thank you enough Colleen, my DD was just absolutely thrilled with everything. We have already read the Narnia book today and plan on starting the Junie B book tonight!

I hope everyone has a great Easter and happy reading!

Glad that she liked everything. Kids are so much fun to buy for. A gift is always better when it is wrapped. ;) I know that the Narnia book is probably a little below her reading level, but I really liked the book.

I sent my package off today...priority!! But I forgot to say who sent it....ay yi yi....beginner mistake.

mickeyfan2 said:
Glad that she liked everything. Kids are so much fun to buy for. A gift is always better when it is wrapped. ;) I know that the Narnia book is probably a little below her reading level, but I really liked the book.

She was sooo excited. Of course now she wants to do another exchange. :rolleyes:

I received my package yesterday from heathersmom! (I would have posted last night but we had some pretty nasty storms move through!) She sent two books, Northern Lights by Nora Roberts and The Klone and I by Danielle Steel. I haven't read either of these books. They look like perfect gym books--I can't wait to start them! Thanks so much!
Jana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter