Favorites and Ideas for CS

momtomari

DIS Veteran
i have never been to disney and we are going in december. I need to know what are your favorites? my party will consist of myself 24, daughter 4, mom 44, and grandma 64 (and yes those are the real ages and it is a 4 generation trip)

amanda

Hi Amanda
You are going to have so much fun!! I'm 57 and took my DD 33, and my DGD 4 1/2 and my 3 DNieces in August. My DNieces are 13 and 11 and had never been to DW. They loved it. Some good counter service places are Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bills (it was just ok for us), Cosmic Rays in the MK. I ate at Backlot Express when I was in MGM in Dec. and that was really good. I had a veggie sandwich that was delicious. If you like Mexican food, you could try the outside cantina across from the Mexican pavillion in Epcot. The food is ok, but the margaritas are really good. Are you eating any table service meals in the parks or at any of the resorts? You should make your ADR's so you won't have any trouble eating where you want to. I'll be in DW with my DH in Dec. also, and have all my ADR's made. Have a great time!!
Joan

At MK, our CS faves are Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Ray's for burgers (great fixin's counters), or Casey's Corner for hot dogs and people-watching on Main Street. At Epcot, we like the food court in The Land pavilion (very good, lot of variety), the fish 'n' chips takeout window in Great Britain (great), the Lotus Blossom in China or Yakitori House in Japan (these 2 are not great, but ok, and relatively cheap). In the Studios we generally just grab something along Sunset Blvd. from one of the booths. At AK, our absolute favorite is Flame Tree BBQ. Hope you have a great trip!!

Our favorites for Counter Service Meals are:

Magic Kingdom -- Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bills and Pinocchio Village Haus (they have a great Turkey Panini)

Epcot -- Electric Umbrella, Sunshine Seasons and Yorkshire County Fish Shop

MGM -- don't care for any of them truthfully, but if I had to pick one, it would be Backlot Express

Animal Kingdom -- Flame Tree Barbecue

I fell in love with Columbia harbor House last visit, your DD will probably love Sonny Eclipse over at Cosmic rays, plus there are 3 different food stations there so something for everyone!

I LOVED Columbia House Harbor in MK this last trip. Their tuna sandwich was delicious!!!! We also ate @ Peco Bill's and I really thought the burger was good. They have sauteed mushrooms and onions at the fixin bar. YUM!

In Epcot, I like Sunshine Seasons, they had a good variety.

In MGM, we ate @ Pizza Planet, and thought the pizza was average. They did have a Greek type salad that was very good if you are tired of burgers and hot dogs. The atmosphere was cute in there and they have an arcade in the restaurant which they kids love.

In AK, nothing stands out for me unfortuneatly. Flame Tree was probably the best choice.

Hi Amanda
You are going to have so much fun!! I'm 57 and took my DD 33, and my DGD 4 1/2 and my 3 DNieces in August. My DNieces are 13 and 11 and had never been to DW. They loved it. Some good counter service places are Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bills (it was just ok for us), Cosmic Rays in the MK. I ate at Backlot Express when I was in MGM in Dec. and that was really good. I had a veggie sandwich that was delicious. If you like Mexican food, you could try the outside cantina across from the Mexican pavillion in Epcot. The food is ok, but the margaritas are really good. Are you eating any table service meals in the parks or at any of the resorts? You should make your ADR's so you won't have any trouble eating where you want to. I'll be in DW with my DH in Dec. also, and have all my ADR's made. Have a great time!!
Joan

i have made my adrs for ts and we are doing 5 character meals and 1 regular one. i have
dec 14 - crystal palace dinner
dec 15 - playhouse disney lunch
dec 16 - O'hana breakfast with lilo and stitch
dec 17 - princess storybook dining dinner
dec 18 - raglan road dinner
dec 19 - cindereallas royal table breakfast

amanda
:thumbsup2

thanks for all the great replies and keep them comming. i'll be looking into cosmic rays and flame tree bbq those just sound good.

amanda

you have picked some perfect meals for the group you have going!! If you want to try something exotic for CS, try the Tangerine Cafe in Morocco. Sounds like tons of fun!

Here are some of our Favorite Counter Service Places

1. Casey's Corner (Magic Kingdom). Serves the best hot dogs and fries
2. Flame Tree BBQ (Animal Kingdom). BBQ
3. ABC Comissary (MGM). Burgers and stuff
4. Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe (Magic Kingdom). Burgers, wraps, chicken etc...

We are huge fans of all of the counter services around the EPCOT worldshowcase. It just allows for us to have more variety on our vacation. DH loves Sommerfest and Cantina de San Angel, while I am a fan of Yakatori House, Kringla, and Sunshine Seasons (not in worldshowcase, but it in itself has a fabulous variety). We have also tried Yorkshire and it is pretty good, and the bakery in France has some wonderful treats.

MK - Casey's
AK - Flame Tree
MGM - ABC Commisary
Epcot - Yorkshire

We also just love to snack around the World Showcase.

Not sure where you are staying, but don't count out your resort CS. We stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort and were very pleased. Great variety, good portion size and plenty of space. We were a party of 3, two adults and a 5yo and never ate more than 2 CS meals at once, either 2 Adult or one Adult and one child meal. I would plan to share initially and just order something else if that turns out not to be enough. We never needed to get more food!

We ate at Main St Bakery one night after the Spectromagic parade. Mom and I shared the Basil Mozzerella sandwich, yum and a HUGE slice of carrot cake. Nephew was exceedingly happy with his Uncrustable PB&J and milk, can't recall the dessert he chose, might have been fruit.

I was under impressed with Peco Bills. We were on the opposite side of the park to watch another parade, so I couldn't grab our meal from Cosmic Ray's, which seems to have a stronger following. Mom and nephew ate at Seasons in The Land at Epcot and enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter