Favorite Veranda Cabin on Magic (and why)

A bit more information would probably help! :) How many people are you travelling with, all adults, or kids too? What kind of cabin are you looking for - inside, ocean view, or verandah?

I haven't been on the Magic, but I have been on the Wonder. I think that going with a deck that is sandwiched between two other decks that only have staterooms in them (and not public venues like restaurants or theatres) is a good move because you theoretically have a better chance of not having much noise from above or below.

We really like the category 7a cabins on the Wonder with the Navigator's Verandah because we really like the privacy. We also prefer aft cabins because it's a quick ride up to the drink station and there wasn't much foot traffic back there.

Aby

I've only been in one veranda cabin on the Magic and it was 6550 and it was fantastic. It was quiet, in good shape and midship. The location was fantastic - far enough from the elevators so as not to hear any noise, but close enough to them that it was super easy to get places. I would book it again in a heartbeat.

I was in 7606 (cat 5b) on the Magic 2 weeks ago and loved it! We were starboard and had a great view of Castaway Cay and Cozumel. We were right by the aft elevators but didn't hear any noise. The location was perfect for taking the stairs up to deck 9 and close to the drink stations. The stateroom was in great condition and we loved our stateroom host. I had family nearby in 7608, 7610, 7612, 7614, 7618 and 2 staterooms on deck 8 (mid ship, starboard) and everyone was really happy with their location, staterooms and verandahs. Although now that I think of it, my sister on deck 8 (8576) did mention hearing noise from deck 9 early each morning. It didn't bother her, but she definitely noticed it. My mom and stepdad were in 8532 and didn't mention hearing noise yet.

I was in 7606 (cat 5b) on the Magic 2 weeks ago and loved it! We were starboard and had a great view of Castaway Cay and Cozumel. We were right by the aft elevators but didn't hear any noise. The location was perfect for taking the stairs up to deck 9 and close to the drink stations. The stateroom was in great condition and we loved our stateroom host. I had family nearby in 7608, 7610, 7612, 7614, 7618 and 2 staterooms on deck 8 (mid ship, starboard) and everyone was really happy with their location, staterooms and verandahs. Although now that I think of it, my sister on deck 8 (8576) did mention hearing noise from deck 9 early each morning. It didn't bother her, but she definitely noticed it. My mom and stepdad were in 8532 and didn't mention hearing noise yet.

Do you happen to remember if the balcony separator could be opened between 7608 & 7610? We have these staterooms and would love to open the balcony so we can all relax and not feel cramped.

Midship deck 8 any Cat 4 stayed in many of these. Plus Cat T 8032/34 and 8532/34 as have a triple verandah. All great rooms.

I prefer port side in the Caribbean so 6134 or 7120. For Alaska either side is fine so add 6634 and 7620. There are all aft.

These are sold as Navigator Verandahs, so are a little cheaper, but have a clear railing, instead of metal. Each has a small area of the verahdah which is slightly obstructed by the curve of the ship. They do sleep 3 only, so a larger family would need more space.

I prefer port side in the Caribbean so 6134 or 7120. For Alaska either side is fine so add 6634 and 7620. There are all aft.

These are sold as Navigator Verandahs, so are a little cheaper, but have a clear railing, instead of metal. Each has a small area of the verahdah which is slightly obstructed by the curve of the ship. They do sleep 3 only, so a larger family would need more space.
Shhh. You'll give away the secret. :ssst:

We are secret room fans as well! Stayed in 7620 on the Wonder in March and will be in 6634 on the magic in 2 weeks.

We will be in one of the secret and popular Navigator Verandah rooms next year on the Eastern Transatlantic. We will be in 6142.:-)

Do you happen to remember if the balcony separator could be opened between 7608 & 7610? We have these staterooms and would love to open the balcony so we can all relax and not feel cramped.

Yes, the balcony separator was able to be opened between 7608 and 7610 for sure. We had it open for 7608 through 7612 giving us a quad balcony. Enjoy! :)

I like cat 5c on the Magic/Wonder. Stayed in room 6042 on both ships and love the location.

We've stayed in 6042 a couple of times and love the location. We're booked in 6082 for our NYC sailing this fall; it looks to be a good location too, just a little more mid-ship.

OP, mid-ship and mid-level deck has less motion that the front (bow) or back (stern) of the ship, so if you're traveling with anyone with motion sickness issies, that's the best place to start in choosing a cabin. :boat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter