Favorite vegetarian dishes on the dream?

jendeli

Mouseketeer
We are sailing on the dream this Sunday and I've been looking over the menus. Has anyone had any of the vegetarian meals that they loved? I'd love to hear some feedback.

I've found them a bit hit and miss, and very mushroom orientated!

Second cruise I had a great server who went through the next days menu with me, and if I didn't like it would ask what I wanted made! Had a lot of mushroom risotto and vegetable lasagne as really like those. She also to our whole table a veggie curry one night, which was nice.

Not saying the veggie food is terrible, I just didn't think the choice was particularly good, and if you're not keen on mushrooms you may struggle!

I've found them a bit hit and miss, and very mushroom orientated!

Second cruise I had a great server who went through the next days menu with me, and if I didn't like it would ask what I wanted made! Had a lot of mushroom risotto and vegetable lasagne as really like those. She also to our whole table a veggie curry one night, which was nice.

Not saying the veggie food is terrible, I just didn't think the choice was particularly good, and if you're not keen on mushrooms you may struggle!

Good info!

I'm way more into mushrooms than I am eggplant, and when we did our honeymoon cruise on RCCL, EVERYTHING was eggplant-based!

The vegetarian offerings tend toward the pasta/cheesy side. There is usually a vegan offering as well with tofu or quinoa and such. Typically I've liked the different vegan options more than the straight (ovo/lacto) vegetarian dinner options. Lunch options can be a bit sparse, creatively speaking.

On the fantasy last August, I really enjoyed several tofu dishes to the point I ordered doubles! Week before last on th magic, I found things generally pretty salty. There are lots of options though! Enjoy!

I was on the Magic last year. Most of the vegetarian dishes were excellent. I did not like the black bean patty dish though. There was something with goat cheese that was out of these world and one dish at Lumiere's that was fabulous. The appetizers were always great and I loved the desserts.

I was on the Magic last year. Most of the vegetarian dishes were excellent. I did not like the black bean patty dish though. There was something with goat cheese that was out of these world and one dish at Lumiere's that was fabulous. The appetizers were always great and I loved the desserts.

Yes! I was on the Wonder about a month ago and the black bean patty was not good, too dry.

I usually selected the tofu option and there seem to be one at every meal.

If a veggie entree doesn't appeal at a particular meal you could always order a large bowl of soup or a large salad and multiple desserts!

The portabella mushrooms with brown lentils (I'm sure there is a fancier description) was very good and enough to feed about two horses! We are not vegetarians but my brother-in-law ordered an extra plate of this (with my promise to assist), and it was really great.

Thanks for the replies! I love mushrooms and tofu is hit or miss with me. I've heard a few neg reviews about the black bean and quinoa patty so I probably won't try that one.

does the Magic offer similar dishes? If so, looks like I will be losing a lot of weight on our transatlantic as I don't eat mushrooms, eggplant, peppers, zucchini and not keen on salad or tofu!!! Other cruise lines we have been on offer up the next night's menu as well as a special veggie menu the previous night to ensure that I had something suitable to eat each evening. Do you think it would be worth printing a list of likes/dislikes and presenting it to the headwaiter on the first day?

dee slack said:
does the Magic offer similar dishes? If so, looks like I will be losing a lot of weight on our transatlantic as I don't eat mushrooms, eggplant, peppers, zucchini and not keen on salad or tofu!!! Other cruise lines we have been on offer up the next night's menu as well as a special veggie menu the previous night to ensure that I had something suitable to eat each evening. Do you think it would be worth printing a list of likes/dislikes and presenting it to the headwaiter on the first day?

Don't worry about losing weight .. You won't!!
I am allergic to peppers and onions, staple food for veggies, but I manage to fill my face every night. If you just speak to your Head Server ASAP, they will speak to the chef and organise something for you.
I told them what I did like and they gave me the options of not knowing what I was getting, having a surprise ... or they would let me see the next days menu and I could choose from that instead.

They can do pasta dishes real quick .. Sauces for the top of them of course and any veggies you do like to go with it.

Don't worry .. Be clear about what you can or cannot eat .. If it all fails ... Order 3 desserts!!!
P.s. the quinoa thing on Pirate Night is horrible and hasn't changed since 2009!!!

My daughter is a vegetarian and enjoyed trying new things since she's not a great cook and I don't specifically cook vegetarian for her at home. She doesn't like mushrooms at all, so all those dishes were out. She had some kind of spicy wrap one night that she liked. She often ordered the salads or appitizers as the Entree. She does eat fish and cheese, so many of the regular items were okay with her. Every night there is a beef, sea food and chicken dish, and usually one other (ham, veal, sometimes 2 sea food), so if she thought she'd like the fish she sometimes tried that.

On Pirate's night, she liked the pinapple boat (me too) and I think there was crab soup. She liked many of the soups. There was a California salad on one of the special menus (Capt?) that was wonderful with a tangy goat cheese and dried cranberries.

There are at least 4 vegetarian items on every menu, although not all entrees. There are lots of other things on the menus that could be vegetarian if you removed the sauce or one item from the plate. Those are easy work-a-rounds.

Be adventurous. They'll always get you something else if you don't like it, or you can eat again either in Cabanas/BBB or at the places on the deck or from room service.

Nancy

You won't go hungry. You might also look at the children's menu if you want a different type of pasta or veggies, and your server will get you an extra big bowl of mac and cheese, or noodles with butter.

Do they use vegetarian cheese? Also, do they use vegetable stock for non-meat soups? I guess tho' after 30+ years of not eating meat I'm probably better not knowing sometimes?:scared:

no vegan cheese to be found. i’m going on mickey’s word that vegetarian/vegan items do not contain meat stock etc... :goodvibes

Sailed the Dream early December and had no problems with Vegetarian food (Also ate at Palos and Remy's with no problems). You can go to the disney cruise line website and under the Disney Dream look at Dining at they have sample menus. Honestly I never felt hungry - had a lot of food - and I think the best thing was trying new foods that I wouldn't have done otherwise.

Some of my favourite food were:
Animators Palate: Black Truffle Pasta Pursuits
(Pasta Purse filled with Truffle scented Cheese and coated with a delicate Champagne Sauce), Creamy Butternut Squash Soup

Enchanted Garden (didn't eat here as we had Remy's) Also didn't have the pirate menu as we were at Palos (I HATE the pirate menu from previous sailings)

Royal Palace: Royal Market Green Salad
(Cherry Tomato, Cucumbers, Peppered Goat Cheese and a Raspberry Vinaigrette) and Pan seared Tofu, (Roasted Zucchini, Eggplant and Red Peppers on Israeli Couscous with a Lime-Cilantro Drop) Tahitian Vanilla Crème Brûlée!!!

Palos - EVERYTHING! The Antipasti selection (aged parmesan, roasted red peppers, Balsamic vinegar), Grilled Portobello Mushroom and Polenta with a Roasted Shallot Sauce and a Parmesan Crisp and of course the chocolate souffle!

Remy's - I had a personalized vegetarian menu (that I have somewhere). Not everything was my personal taste of food but it was an amazing overall experience.

Also I really like the veggie burgers (the same old Disney ones), and always had access to a lot of fruit and other goodies at cabanas and on deck 11. Now I'm super hungry...

Do they use vegetarian cheese? Also, do they use vegetable stock for non-meat soups? I guess tho' after 30+ years of not eating meat I'm probably better not knowing sometimes?:scared:

I'm pretty sure the servers on the Dream told me that the savory soups had chicken or beef stock. Soup was never an option when we went over the menu for what I could eat. (I think the fruit soups are OK for vegetarians, but they do contain dairy.)

dee slack said:

On every cruise I request Vegetarian French Onion soup (with cheese) and they make it specially. It's amazing!

I was less than impressed with the vegetarian options on the Magic, and not overly thrilled with the choices on the Dream. Yes, there are multiple options...but only one entree option, and typically mushroom heavy. The others are soup/salad, and appetizer. We ended up ordering vegetables (listed as accompaniments to the carnivore entrees) several nights when on the Magic.

I did not like the black bean patty dish though. .

If you are referring to the black bean patties on pirate night... good god, that has to be one of the worst vegetarian (strike that, ANY) dishes that I have ever had. The description sounds so good, but it is dry and flavorless. I could not eat more than three bites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter