• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Value Resort?

HannahM89

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 3:
  • Myself
  • Husband
  • Daughter (9 years old)
It will be the second visit for my husband and I, but first for our daughter.

Previously stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter in August 2015 for our honeymoon. Satisfied with everything at the resort, but realized that we spent very little time at the resort, and have a hard time justifying the price for how we used the resort (a place to get cleaned up and sleep, that's pretty much it). Don't get me wrong, I don't regret it at all...But with a more modest budget this time around, as well as a different occasion (a just because and birthday celebration for our princess) we are looking at either renting DVC points or staying in a value resort on our next visit.

If dates matter, we are looking at either 10/28/15-11/5/15 or 9/23/15-10/1/15.

Thank you in advance!

I agree that the I like staying at a "nice" hotel, which is so subjective hence the "", but we mostly stay at values. I am in my early 30s and have been blessed with loving people that have been taking me/accompany meet to wdw since I was 5. I have stayed at all of the all stars and pop. I did like pop, but probably because it is the newest of the ones we have stayed. I can't spend the $ to stay in the little Mermaid rooms at AOA because it's just me and my husband. We are staying in AS sports this winter which mt husband had never been. Ultimately I think all of the values are the same-ish, in regards to finishes, distance to food court and the bussing systems. Although, check out each hotel thread to see the details to see what works best for your family. Have a great time!

I agree that the I like staying at a "nice" hotel, which is so subjective hence the "", but we mostly stay at values. I am in my early 30s and have been blessed with loving people that have been taking me/accompany meet to wdw since I was 5. I have stayed at all of the all stars and pop. I did like pop, but probably because it is the newest of the ones we have stayed. I can't spend the $ to stay in the little Mermaid rooms at AOA because it's just me and my husband. We are staying in AS sports this winter which mt husband had never been. Ultimately I think all of the values are the same-ish, in regards to finishes, distance to food court and the bussing systems. Although, check out each hotel thread to see the details to see what works best for your family. Have a great time!

Thank you for such a prompt reply!

Hubby would probably be all for All Star Sports, he's a super huge basketball fan and sports fanatic in general. But I have a feeling daughter would be much less enthused with that one than some of the other choices. You'll have to let me know what your and your husband think about it.

So, Pop is one of the newer ones? Is that why the price difference between the All Star Resorts and that one, and same with Art of Animation?

Which one do you think a 9 year old girl would be most intrigued with?

I hope you have a blast on your upcoming vacation!

I've never done the all star resorts, but with a child PoP is a great choice. The resort is fairly compact and while the rooms are nothing special the grounds have lots of fun decorations. It's also nice to have AoA right next store and be able to eat there and/or use their buses too.

I think pop opened in 2003, I think we stayed there in 2008. I think the all stars opened in the 90s. I can't remember when AOA but I think it was ~5 years ago . I remember the first time we went, me, my sister who is 5 years older and my mom. We had initially booked sports but my sister got mad since she isn't into sports and she likes music, so my mom settled it and we stayed at movies! It has great classics, so it might be the most neutral resort. You could have family night leading up to the trip and watch all of the movies that are represented, so you feel part of the action regardless what section you get placed. I would check out the dedicated threads for each of the resort for more details.

I was your daughter's age when my family took their first trip to Disney World and we stayed at Sports. I grew up in a big sports family. My dad is a sports writer for one of the big newspaper companies here and my brothers have all played various different sports. I enjoyed Sports a lot, but I also liked playing soccer at the time. I think your daughter would like Movies. I haven't stayed there before, but I love the theme a lot!

We are a family of 3:
  • Myself
  • Husband
  • Daughter (9 years old)

Previously stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter in August 2015 for our honeymoon. Satisfied with everything at the resort, but realized that we spent very little time at the resort, and have a hard time justifying the price for how we used the resort (a place to get cleaned up and sleep, that's pretty much it). Don't get me wrong, I don't regret it at all...But with a more modest budget this time around, as well as a different occasion (a just because and birthday celebration for our princess) we are looking at either renting DVC points or staying in a value resort on our next visit.

Thank you in advance!
Go with POP, Giant in-your-face disney icons all over the property that your daughter will love, Single buss queue, very good dining facility, and right across the generation gap bridge from AOA for visiting.

Pop is our favourite!

We always have stayed deluxe or moderate, but we love Pop when it is a shorter stay. It checks off all the boxes, clean, really well themed, food court was very good, busses plentiful, great value for the money.

You can't go wrong with Pop we've loved it there, but for a girl that age I would do Art of Animation Little Mermaid room.

We are a family of 3:
  • Myself
  • Husband
  • Daughter (9 years old)

Thank you in advance!

I really like Music, but it's because it attracts the most adults so it's quieter and it has the least amount of giant icons (they creep me out especially the ones with faces).

I have also stayed at Sports, Movies, and Art of Animation. I think she might like Movies if she loves the big character icons and it's the most heavily Disney themed of the values along with Art of Animation. In the rare case of bus sharing Movies is the last picked up but when I stayed there I had no problem getting a seat. (sports, music, movies is the bus order).

The only downfall for some adults are that the beds are only Full Sized and there is no coffee pot. But that is standard at all the value rooms (unless you get a family suite, they have one queen bed and a mini kitchenette with coffee, microwave, and fridge)

We love Pop!!! One thing to think of though is FD is usually offered during the times you plan on going. If it is, I would stay at a moderate because you will get the regular dining plan instead of the quick service one.

We love Pop! We love everything about it! We did also really like AOA, we stayed in the little mermaid room and it was so cute!! The pools at both locations are great too!

We are going in Dec and we are booked for AOA Little Mermaid room. my daughter is 10 and I know she will love it so much. I was between Pop and AOA and chose AOA over pop because of the better themes.

We love AoA Suites because of the extra room but for the price the whole family loves Pop!

My parents stayed in the Little Mermaid section of AoA and event though it wasn't that far, it was far enough that I feel like it takes some of the "value" away from the rooms. With Pop you can get pretty close to food & busing without upgrades.

For a quick trip DH & I stayed at ASMovies and it was nice but Pop doesn't share buses.

Our family (DH, DS, DD, & I) also liked the food court at Pop (3 words: tye-dye cheesecake) for the classic "we're on vacation, let's enjoy it" kind of meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter