David Suchet as Hercule Poirot, with Peter Ustinov a close second
Luther - British detective show
Rick Simon from Simon and Simon
Rockford Files
and really any of the detective shows from the 70's and 80's

Perry Mason (Paul Drake)

Columbo

Hercule Porot

Tom Barnaby (Midsomer Murders) (British)

Richard Diamond

Original Hawaii 5 0

Jeremy Brett as Sherlock

Cumberback as Sherlock

Going WAAAAAAAAAY back, Peter Gunn

77 Sunset strip

Burk's Law

If "medical detectives" are included, then Hugh Laurie as House wins, hands down! My favorite traditional law-type detectives/shows are Magnum PI, Remington Steele, Monk, McMillan and Wife, Law & Order (with Chris Noth and Jerry Orbach), Murder She Wrote, NCIS.

I just realized that both Jerry Orbach and Angela Lansbury were in "Beauty and the Beast," so I guess this is an appropriate thread for a Disney forum!

I love detective shows. If you ask me today, my favorites are Rust Cohle and Martin Hart, Leroy Jethro Gibbs and Tony DiNozzo, Lenny Briscoe and Mike Logan and Bobby Goren. I watched alot of TV this week!

I also love the older ones like Theo Kojack and Burks Law.

I've rarely seen a detective show that I didn't really like. But my heart belongs to the Brits.

1. Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett)

2. Miss Marple

3. Hercule Poirot (David Suchet)

4. Inspector Morse. I cried real tears during the last episode.

Sherlock Holmes (both from Sherlock and Elementary — each different enough to enjoy both)

Thomas Magnum

David Addison and Maddie Hayes (without whom there would be no …)

Richard Castle and Kate Beckett

SSB

Benson & Stabler, Finn & Munch and Capt. Cragan- Law & Order: SVU

Columbo and Jessica Fletcher from when I was younger, I would watch those shows with my grandparents all the time when I would sleep over.

I know dh's favorite tv detective is Goren from Criminal Intent with Briscow from L&O a close second. I think I would agree. :thumbsup2

I've turned into a bit of a Goren fan myself. Over the past year I've watched almost every episode of Criminal Intent and have really begun to appreciate his character.

In newer shows, I really look forward to Sherlock in Elementary every week.

Veronica Mars!

I'm dying to see the movie but it's not playing here :/

I've been obsessed with Booth + Bones lately. Can't stop watching!

Perry Mason has to be my favorite. But I love the 60s and 70s detectives. Ironside, Hawaii 5-0, Cannon, Columbo, and a real favorite that I haven't seen in years, Barnaby Jones.

Colombo is my favorite:) I loved the old perry masons too though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter