Favorite TS that is reasonably priced.

CharissaOKC

Mouseketeer
We are planning our second trip and looking for restaurant recommendations. We had the dining plan on our first trip but not this time. What are your favorite TS restaurants that are more economically priced? It's myself, DH and DS(3) and we like all types of food. Thanks!

Welcome to the wonderful world of OOP! It's like the opposite of the dining plan, instead of looking for the most expensive entrée you'll be looking for the cheapest!;) We always do OOP, and I've become quite adept at ordering the cheapest thing on the menu knowing that my DW will order the most expensive! :rotfl2:
For us, The most across-the-board reasonable is the plaza restaurant in MK. It's usually only a few dollars more than some QS. Surprisingly, BOG is not nearly as expensive as some of the other fancy TS. Also, skippers canteen isn't that bad either. Breakfast is always more affordable than dinner, sometimes we will have a big breakfast and then QS lunch and dinner.
Try not to look at the per entrée price. Think of it more as one big lump. BOG is cheaper for us, because our DS can get a nine dollar grill cheese sandwich, and also all they have is five dollar cupcakes for dessert. And we usually skip that! Other TS has desserts in the $10 or so range. Whatever you choose, enjoy your trip!

Last edited:
Favorite reasonably priced (for Disney) for us are Olivia's, Grand Floridian Cafe, Nine Dragons, and (at least at lunchtime) Grand Floridian Cafe.

Sci-Fi (one of the most unique themes at WDW and relatively cheap if you order burgers) and Via Napoli (if you just order pizza) are our favorite lower cost TS.
The Plaza at MK and ESPN would also work as "cheaper" sandwiches with TS service.

Sci Fi may not be best with a party of 3 fitting into a "car". There are tables at the back

Also, in general breakfast and lunch are more affordable at TS vs dinner.

Last edited:
We're not getting DP on this trip and will be eating 6 TS meal for a 7 night 8 day trip and most TS will be Lunch time, some TS restaurants are less expensive at lunch. There are those that have a flat rate no matter when you eat. A few of our TS we will be eating at are: Rose and Crown, Via Napoli, Spice Road Table, La hacienda de San Angel, Tutto Italia, Skippers Canteen. I have checked menus to get a rough Idea of how much things may cost and have purchase discounted Disney Gift cards at Sam's Club. I have calculated that it may cost us a little over $800 for 2 Adults for 8 days, that would be 6 TS and 8 QS meals, includes Tips and taxes.

Via Napoli is a great choice if you like pizza. As others have said breakfast is usually a better price. We are going to try the Bon Voyage breakfast next trip and it seems pretty reasonable for a character meal. I tend to look at the menus and find I usually like the quick service options better for food choices and time so book fewer table service meals and stay happy

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! We loved all the places we ate on our first trip but are looking forward to try some new places, less ADRs and having more time to do other things!

Sanaa in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Billed as East African, it is mostly Indian-influenced with a small nod to dishes that are uniquely East African.

Best food in WDW, but you have to like Indian food. Moderate prices, though I guess that's different for everyone.

You can buy McCormick and Schmick gift cards from Costco for 20% off. Then use them at any Landry's restaurant (including Rainforest Cafe, TRex and Yak & Yeti). Combine that with a Landry's membership (spend $25, get a $25 welcome bonus + $25 birthday credit) and you could have a reasonably priced meal. We loved Y&Y and ate there twice.

Some places also have large portions that are easy to share.

MK: We just tried Skipper Canteen and really liked it. We've also had good luck at the Plaza and I really like BOG lunch.
Epcot: Via Napoli if you just get a pizza as someone else has said.
HS: Sci Fi is good. We also like the Brown Derby Lounge if its nice outside.
AK: Most choices here: Yak n Yeti was our best prices TS this past weekend. I also don't mind rain forest cafe. I do like the new Pandora QS as well.

Resorts: Whispering Canyon was good at WL.

Most of these restaurants ran in the 50-70 range for us to eat at (for 4) which is better than 40-50 for crappy QS food.

I second Beaches and Cream. I would also add that almost all restaurants that are not buffets or all you can eat can be eaten at without destroying a budget.

I really enjoyed Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. Sci fi, Beaches and Cream, and Via Napoli were also good and not bad on the budget. When paying OOP I try to stick to non buffet meals or non character meals. If I really want to do once character meal I tend to pick a breakfast to keep it cheaper.

If you are up for DS, Blaze pizza is really good. We like it even more than Via Napoli pizza. In MK, the fajitas platter can easily be shared by two and is very tasty with the toppings bar. In AK, Satuli Canteen is awesome (we are big fans of the bowls). HS, the outdoor HBD lounge is our go-to. And of course EP has so many yummy QS - we especially like Tangierine cafe (sharable platters). When we do splurge on TS, it tends to be Boma, La Hacienda or San Angel (I prefer the former, my kids the latter), and Yak and Yeti.

We never do the dining plan - too much "food time" and not enough "park time". I feel both Sci-Fi and the Plaza are good options, and really, if you skip alcohol, and ask for water you will find a lot of reasonable places. For instance, Splitsville at DS has a varied menu that is all reasonably priced.

And remember that plenty of QS places have beautiful settings and wonderful food, far beyond burger/nuggets. Read those online menus til your eyes bleed! There are spots that you can eat and relax, with out paying TS prices.

Last but not least - we have the Disney Chase credit card, and only use that for everything. It gives us lots of Disney Dollars to play with and we use them all for dining.

If you are up for DS, Blaze pizza is really good. We like it even more than Via Napoli pizza. In MK, the fajitas platter can easily be shared by two and is very tasty with the toppings bar. In AK, Satuli Canteen is awesome (we are big fans of the bowls). HS, the outdoor HBD lounge is our go-to. And of course EP has so many yummy QS - we especially like Tangierine cafe (sharable platters). When we do splurge on TS, it tends to be Boma, La Hacienda or San Angel (I prefer the former, my kids the latter), and Yak and Yeti.

Every single thing you said! You listed each of my go-to meals!!!!

The Wave at Contemporary, Grand Floridian Café, and Captain's Grille at Yacht Club were all great and not as expensive as places in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter