Favorite Tip?

This isn't very exciting, but it was helpful for our last trip. Rather than wasting time doing breakfast at a cs or ts rest. I brought instant oatmeal, plastic spoons, and paper bowls. I heated up the water in the coffee maker. It saved lots of time, and it is a hearty meal that stays with you for a while. The kids could eat while we were getting ready.
Think I might do the same. Good idea. Thanx!

Was Sneakymouser for real or what? I've seen people get seriously flamed for much less, but he/she didn't get much blowback at all.... Interesting. That comment about going to lost & found and claiming someone else's sunglasses & camera, I couldn't believe what I was reading.
To everyone else, thanks for all the great tips... I'm taking notes.
I was a little surprised he got away with so much. I thought I must've been the only one getting upset. Guess not...

I was a little surprised he got away with so much. I thought I must've been the only one getting upset. Guess not...

No, you weren't. I got blasted in another thread for posting a bad tip.. and rightfully so.. it WAS a bad tip (it seemed harmless in my mind, but it really turned out to be a way of line jumping.. big no no..) I immediately wiped the post at the same time the thread got modded. So, no one was able to see that I had admitted to my mistake. I didn't want to say anything because I felt I would have been seen as a hypocrite (in my mind anyway).

I also knew the mods would find it pretty soon and take him/her and the offending posts out (having gone through the experience a few days prior. :guilty:.)

DW informed me that Sneakymouse was likely a "troll" who may have been just trying to aggravate people. I had no idea there was such a term.

I'm going to go ahead and admit that I reported him/her. I'm probably not the only one. Their "advice" was far from what I think DISboards and WDW would want promoted.:sad2:

I think everyone was ignoring the elephant in the room.
Haha! I love it!

No, you weren't. I got blasted in another thread for posting a bad tip.. and rightfully so.. it WAS a bad tip (it seemed harmless in my mind, but it really turned out to be a way of line jumping.. big no no..) I immediately wiped the post at the same time the thread got modded. So, no one was able to see that I had admitted to my mistake. I didn't want to say anything because I felt I would have been seen as a hypocrite (in my mind anyway).

I also knew the mods would find it pretty soon and take him/her and the offending posts out (having gone through the experience a few days prior. :guilty:.)
Well, I'm sorry that happened to you! Way to admit your mistake though. That's what's important. Everyone has had an experience where they've said something or did something and realized afterwards that it was the wrong thing, or sounded bad. Best to admit it and move on! You've been a wealth of information to me, so I appreciate you! I got busted a little today b/c I quoted a DISign and the DISigner had it in their signature that they don't want to be quoted! OOPS!!! They were very nice, but since I'm newer to the DISboards, I didn't realize. Oh well, I edited it and moved on! I feel bad b/c I really appreciate the DISigners work and think it's fantastic that they volunteer their time for us!

DW informed me that Sneakymouse was likely a "troll" who may have been just trying to aggravate people. I had no idea there was such a term.
I hate when people are that way. I felt they were just exactly what their name was...sneaky. I have met people who are that way before. They are always trying to get something for free no matter who it hurts. I say this as a couponer who often gets free things, but I do it honestly. I don't want the stores to hurt, so I follow their guidelines. It's awesome getting something for nothing, but not if someone else will have to pay the price of that item. Not cool.

I'm going to go ahead and admit that I reported him/her. I'm probably not the only one. Their "advice" was far from what I think DISboards and WDW would want promoted.:sad2:
I pondered it myself, so thank you for taking that step. I don't think there was a single tip I would actually use that was given by him. I think the DISboards are a place of non-judgement where people who love Disney can come together and share ideas. Share being the key word there. I felt judged b/c I don't want to do things that way. If you like doing Disney a certain way, that is your choice, it's mine as well, and that's okay. After all, it's our money.

AND...Now that we've gone way off point...Tips anyone? Okay, I have a tip now that I think about it. As I said before, I am a couponer. One of the things I do when I am doing a large order with tons of coupons at any store is: I try to make my cashier feel like they are doing a great job and that I appreciate their patience and hard work. As we all know, Disney has probably the best customer service in the world, so the CM's work really hard to make any and all dreams come true for us Disney lovers, right? Okay, so my question and tip are: Who is making the CM's feel good? It's our job to give that back to them. So...treat the CM's well, make them feel good.

The best tip I ever got was to pack everything you're bringing to the park in a ziploc bag for easy access at check-in and any other time, really. So I pack diapers and such in one bag, sunblock in another, camera and such in another, etc. At check-in you can just pull the bags out of your backpack or diaper bag and they are easily viewable and put them back in. Makes for super quick check in, provides a good way to keep anything that winds up wet (and saves others from getting wet) and is easy to grab one bag you need and have another party member hold the rest, like when going to change a diaper or something. Works like a charm and I'll use it as long as I carry a bag into the parks!:)

I love the tip about the lid as a pop-dripping catcher. Genius!!!:cool1:

The best tip I ever got was to pack everything you're bringing to the park in a ziploc bag for easy access at check-in and any other time, really. So I pack diapers and such in one bag, sunblock in another, camera and such in another, etc. At check-in you can just pull the bags out of your backpack or diaper bag and they are easily viewable and put them back in. Makes for super quick check in, provides a good way to keep anything that winds up wet (and saves others from getting wet) and is easy to grab one bag you need and have another party member hold the rest, like when going to change a diaper or something. Works like a charm and I'll use it as long as I carry a bag into the parks!:)

I love the tip about the lid as a pop-dripping catcher. Genius!!!:cool1:
Ziplocs also keep the kids from tearing through the suitcases and messing up all your hard work!!! My kids plowed through their suitcases last time, and I was a bit irritated. Luckily, as we were at Disney, said irritation was short-lived! This trip will have lots of Ziplocs.

Also, another great tip that I used that I got from another thread on the Dis...was to pack your children's outfits for the day in a zip-lock bag.

Say you had 5-6 sets of clothes per child for your stay @ WDW. Pack one entire outfit per day in a gallon ziplock. Shirt,shorts,undies,socks, hair acessories etc in a bag. Seal them tight and pack them in your suitcase. When you get to your hotel room , each outfit is color coded/matched and ready to go.

:thumbsup2 No hassles in the mornings !!!! Also I only pack 1/2 of what I need and do laundry 1/2 way thru my stay !!!

Happy Planning !:woohoo:

The best tip I ever got was to pack everything you're bringing to the park in a ziploc bag for easy access at check-in and any other time, really.

I love ziploc bags. When travelling, I always have a good zip bag with a small spray bottle of febreeze for my "pukey" DD. This trick has saved our back seats more than once and the febreeze prevents the rest of us from feeling nauseated due to the smell. :wizard:

Okay, so my question and tip are: Who is making the CM's feel good? It's our job to give that back to them. So...treat the CM's well, make them feel good.

I am always nice to the CM's, even when they tell me something I don't want to hear :) I know they're just doing their jobs.

Also, I never expect this, but being nice back to a CM sometimes gets you things. It was my 40th Birthday and I was celebrating in WDW. We were in Epcot and wanted to hit "Soaring" as I had never ridden it. Fast passes were for 8pm that night at which point we would be in another park and the line was around 2 hours long. We thought we could hit the single rider line only to find it was closed. My friend and I went up to the CM at the line and asked about the SRL. He told us it was closed for good as the wait is usually not better than the standby line. I was bummed, but I thanked him for the information.
My friend piped up with "But, it's his 40th Birthday, can't you do something?" I told my friend "No, it's alright, we'll come back another time" and, again, thanked the CM. The CM called me back over and said "How many are in your party?" I told him "4" and he flipped me 2 front of the line passes good for 3 people each and said "Happy Birthday!"

It does pay to be nice :)

I don't know if this was said yet, but at the monorails, if you ask a cast member to sit with the captain, they'll let you. It's really neat. There's long, soft benches with big windows. The captains are all friendly and will tell you fun monorail facts. At the end, kids get a card that says something like "Monorail Captain."

If my DD (age 32 at the time) had not dragged us out of bed and said "let's go we're gonna miss it" ... I never would have experienced Rope Drop at MK. I first read about it here on the boards and mentioned it to her. She and I are the 'planners' in the family ... in fact that year in January she walked into the kitchen ... they (DSiL and DGS) live just down the road ... and announced: "we're going to Disney World - Dad you do the Disney planning thing you do and I'll get the airline tickets!" 3 months later we were gone!

Anyhow ... we got to MK a little earlier and were milling around with the crowd talking park strategy for the morning. And then Rope Drop started. I'm not gonna give away any details other than to say I have a sentimental side and this was an awesome way to start the day in the Magic Kingdom!!!

I don't know if this was said yet, but at the monorails, if you ask a cast member to sit with the captain, they'll let you. It's really neat. There's long, soft benches with big windows. The captains are all friendly and will tell you fun monorail facts. At the end, kids get a card that says something like "Monorail Captain."

They no longer do this since the accident in July '09.

They no longer do this since the accident in July '09.

Do you know what happened? The Monorail CM we spoke with last week just said that they don't do that anymore when DH asked about the bench seats he saw in the front and if we could ride.

It's a shame about riding up front. My older son got to do it and LOVED it! Luckily I video taped it so that we have the memory forever!

Do you know what happened? The Monorail CM we spoke with last week just said that they don't do that anymore when DH asked about the bench seats he saw in the front and if we could ride.

Yes, right before we went in '09, there was an accident where one monoral crashed into another. I believe it was backing up when it happened. From what I remember, it really was an accident, not driver error. But they stopped letting people ride in the back and the front.

I believe they stopped this a few years back. :sad1:

July 2009

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...05_disney_monorail_crash_kills_conductor.html

Two monorail trains smashed into each other at Walt Disney World in Orlando early Sunday morning, killing one conductor and injuring the other.

A Walt Disney World spokesman said the crash happened at about 2 a.m. Sunday on the monorail's last run of the day. The trains were carrying only five passengers and two employees, none of whom were hurt.

"Two trains collided at the ticket and transportation center. One driver on one train is dead and the other driver from the second train was taken to the hospital," said Bo Jones of the Reedy Creek Fire Department.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter