• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite things to do at Resorts

Dis703

DIS Veteran
Our upcoming trip will only be the second time we have stayed on property and I've been looking at the various things to do at the resorts. We will be staying at POR and BC. I think we may do the carriage ride at POR and at BC my 4 year old is signed up for the Albatross Treasure Hunt. We will likely also be attending some of the evening campfires and movies on the beach.

But I got to wondering about other resorts and if it might be worthwhile to explore some of them. I know some have surrey bike rentals or pedal boat rentals that sound fun. Just not sure what resort to choose to explore.

So do any of you have a favorite resort to explore or for activities? That you love enough to visit even if you aren't staying there?

TIA

Heather

while at BC I would deffinatley walk over to the Boardwalk! There are many fun things to do here!!

POR also has a boat that goes to DTD - I would def take advantage of this!

We like the area around Fort Wilderness. It feels like you are in the middle of nowhere, not just minutes from MK. You can rent Surry bikes and ride them around on the different paths and trails, including over to Wilderness Lodge. We have rented a bike at WL and ridden over to FW. There are playgrounds and campfire activities as well. If you walk between FW and WL it takes about 15 min, but is beautiful. You can also catch a boat between FW, WL, and CR or take a boat direct to MK from either WL or FW.

BC will have tons to do:

*Surrey bikes
*Stormalong Bay
*Boardwalk- including Jelly Rolls, ESPN club, outside entertainment
*Watching a bit of Illuminations (higher fireworks)
*Ride around on the Friendship Boat
*Walk around to the other resorts, including the Swan/Dolphin
*ice cream

POR has the carriage rides or you can ferry to DTD, along with surrey or bike rentals, watercraft rentals, the pool, walking.

You can also resort hop (NOT pool hop). We like to ride the monorail to the various resorts and even loop around Epcot just for the heck of it.

We are looking forward to staying at the Wilderness Lodge in two weeks and there are some activities there that we plan to check out:

WONDERS OF THE LODGE ART AND ARCHITECTURAL TOUR: Free. Wednesday - Saturday at 0900. Meets near the WL main lobby fireplace, one hour.

At the WL Villas:

CAROLWOOD PACIFIC ROOM

Walt Disney loved steam trains and the Wilderness Lodge is home to some art, photographs, replicas, and actual artifacts from Walt's hobby and Disney World's earliest years.

In the Carolwood Pacific Room (formerly the Iron Spike Room), which is in a corner of the VWL lobby, you can play chess and checkers by the fireplace or learn more about Walt Disney's favorite hobby. Two of the most intriguing pieces of history in this room are the two train cars, donated by Walt's daughter. The cars actually come from Walt's own backyard railroad, the Carolwood Pacific Railroad. Walt used to pull these cars behind his own American 4-4-0 engine named "Lilly Belle" after his wife. You can see the Carolwood Pacific logo on the cars.
It is fun to rent the boats on Seven Seas Lagoon. It is a better place for rentals than Crescent Lake at the YC because the lake is bigger and there is more to see.

And there are pony rides at Ft. Wilderness for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter