• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite thing to do on an extra day

seatexan

Earning My Ears
We'll be at DLand December 4-8 with a 3-day hopper. We'll go to the park immediately upon landing, so we'll have an extra day. What is everyone's favorite thing to do on an off day. Two adults, a 10-year old, a 5-year old, and a 3-year old. We wouldn't mind driving a fair distance if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

With the ages of your kids...Legoland may be an option....I loved the San Diego Zoo...Seaworld is not much different than orlando (less rides and a smaller park). There is a large outlet mall not too far from DL. The beaches in CA never really excited me.

It is a classic California experience to go to the 3rd street Promenade in Santa Monica. It has a blocked off shopping and strolling area, and there are street performers and lots of food and fun things to look at. It is also right near the beach, if you want to do that as well. Since you will be there in December, the Promenade will be all decked out for the holidays.

You are going to Disneyland at the very best time! We have gone that first week or so of December for a few weeks (being sure to avoid candlelight ceremony because of crowds and early closures due to cast Christmas parties) and the decorations are up in full force, but the crowds are so light. We always have such a good time when we go then!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Street_Promenade

If it's in your budget, you can also do Goofy's Kitchen for dinner (it's not in the park) so you can get disney magic without wasting precious park time on your 3 days.

We are going to do Catalina Island for a day excursion this year. Hope it works out.

We were in LA last week for a quick summer getaway. We had a great day spending the morning at the LA Zoo and the afternoon at the Griffith Observatory.

we have an extra day on our trip to when we land, we are heading to Universal studios for the day, i heard you can get through that park in about 5 - 6 hours no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter