Favorite Sweet Indulgences?

Giselle22

Mouseketeer
DH and I have a trip planned this June since he is being sent to a conference in Orlando (YAY!), then a trip in January with as much of our extended family as are able to come. So for the June trip, I am going to have a few days of wandering about the World by myself...which I figure is the perfect time to scope out the best goodies! :rotfl: My mom and I both have major sweet tooths so I told her I'd do the very hard work of discovering all the best yummies for us to eat in January ;)
So, I'd love your recommendations! Where should I go? Who do you think has the best milkshakes, the best cakes, cookies, etc?? What are your very favorite sweets in the World and where do I go to find them? And of course I would love to drool over your pics if you have any! :lovestruc

DH and I have a trip planned this June since he is being sent to a conference in Orlando (YAY!), then a trip in January with as much of our extended family as are able to come. So for the June trip, I am going to have a few days of wandering about the World by myself...which I figure is the perfect time to scope out the best goodies! :rotfl: My mom and I both have major sweet tooths so I told her I'd do the very hard work of discovering all the best yummies for us to eat in January ;)
So, I'd love your recommendations! Where should I go? Who do you think has the best milkshakes, the best cakes, cookies, etc?? What are your very favorite sweets in the World and where do I go to find them? And of course I would love to drool over your pics if you have any! :lovestruc

Alas, no pictures but some ideas.
1). pastries at the bakery in the France Pavillion--sometimes they have creme brûlée, too, and it's wonderful.
2). the best shakes can be had at PTC (@ DHS). If you don't want to have a meal, sit at the bar, order a shake and sip a bit--THEN ask for a go cup. You'll get more that way:goodvibes
3). Goofy's Candy at DTD has cut down their options but you can still get some tailor-made goodies.
4). I love the cupcakes @ the Boardwalk Bakery.
5). I know people go gaga over zebra domes at Boma but I adore the little mini fruit and pastry cream tarts on the dessert station. About the size of a quarter, they are just a bite of heaven.

Oh, good grief---Now I am craving a chocolate shake. Oh well---next week I'll have it!:cool1:

Alas, no pictures but some ideas.
1). pastries at the bakery in the France Pavillion--sometimes they have creme brûlée, too, and it's wonderful.
2). the best shakes can be had at PTC (@ DHS). If you don't want to have a meal, sit at the bar, order a shake and sip a bit--THEN ask for a go cup. You'll get more that way:goodvibes
3). Goofy's Candy at DTD has cut down their options but you can still get some tailor-made goodies.
4). I love the cupcakes @ the Boardwalk Bakery.
5). I know people go gaga over zebra domes at Boma but I adore the little mini fruit and pastry cream tarts on the dessert station. About the size of a quarter, they are just a bite of heaven.

Oh, good grief---Now I am craving a chocolate shake. Oh well---next week I'll have it!:cool1:

Mmm, I like that shake idea! And I will definitely investigate the bakeries at France and Boardwalk! Good thing I'll be walking a lot while I'm there! :laughing:

The following is your must do list:

1. ice cream cookie sandwich at the main street bakery, Real cookies with a big scoop of icecream in the middle. MK

2. Carrot Cake Cookie sandwich - writers workship DHS

3. Sweet cream cheese pretzel - Launching pad MK

4. Ice cream cone from the crepe cart in France - Epcot - trust me on this one, their ice cream is different, richer and for some reason will not melt.

My top 5 favorite sweets:

1. A strawberry tart from the France bakery in EPCOT
2. Just about anything from the Caramel Kitchen in Germany in EPCOT
3. Mickey Ice Cream Bar from anywhere in WDW
4. Dole Whip from Aloha Isle in the MK
5. A chocolate covered strawberry from Goofy's Candy Company in DTD

Honorable Mentions:

1. Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich from the Main Street Bake Shop in MK
2. Chocolate Covered Banana from AK - they have them all over WDW, but, for some reason, it's my "must have" treat in AK
3. Zebra Domes from the AKL - you don't have to go to Boma to get them; you can also get them as Snack Credit (!) at Mara

On my "To Try" List:

1. Cupcake from Starring Rolls at DS
2. School Bread from the Norway Bakery in EPCOT

My absolute favorite dessert in all of WDW used to be the Chocolate Wave at Coral Reef, but they changed it. Now, my favorite is the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at LTT (from their lunch menu) in the MK! Soooo good!!!!

I'm assuming you're asking about sweets from CS places and not sit downs (through, some of the best sweets are at the TS venues!).

Kusafari Bakery (AK): White Elephant Cupcake
S_WhiteElephantCupcake.jpg

Kusafari Bakery (AK): Zebra Cupcake
120810_KB_Zebra.jpg

Starring Rolls (DHS): Peanut Butter Cupcake and Butterfinger Cupcake
N_Cupcakes.jpg

Aloha Isles (MK): Rootbeer Float and Dole Whip Float
S_Floats.jpg

Karamel Kuche (Epcot): Caramel Corn
S_CaramelCorn.jpg

Mara (AKL): Zebra Domes
120810_ZebraDomes.jpg

Port Orleans French Quarter: Beignets
121010_POFQ_Bengeits.jpg

Other really yummy snacks:
Kringla (Norway, Epcot): waffle (crispy waffle with strawberry preserve), cloudberry horn (crispy phyllo like dough, filled with cream)

Pattisserie (France, Epcot): Chocolate eclair

Main Street Bakery (MK): Cinnamon roll

You've got to try the Carrot Cake Cookies at the Writer's Stop in Disney's Hollywood Studios :cloud9:.

Also, the School Bread in Norway @ Epcot is amazing and the Creme Brulee in France @ Epcot are super.

The Caramel Popcorn in Germany @ Epcot is wonderful, as are the Fish and Chips in the UK @ Epcot.

Of course there is also the famous Dole Whip in Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom & Captain Cooks in the Polynesian Resort.

And don't forget the Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Sandwich Bars in all the parks and the hot chocolate and chocolate croissants at Ghirardelli @ Downtown Disney.

Those are my all time favorite treats at WDW:goodvibes Have fun!

1. Cinnamon Roll at the Main Street Bakery, MK
2. Dole Whip, Aloha Isle, MK
3. Oatmeal Cookie, Writer's Workshop, HS
4. Popcorn, from any of the snack carts
5. Kaki Gori, Cart in Japan, EPCOT
6. S'mores, LeCellier, EPCOT

Just a few of the treats we love. Have a fun trip. I did the same thing two years ago when my husband had a business trip to Orlando. I really enjoyed having some time to wander.

The Peanut Butter Cupcake or the Butterfinger Cupcake, or any cupcake for that matter from Starring Rolls in Hollywood Studios. Don't eat the whole thing yourself though, they're too rich. I tried. Gave me a tummy ache.

YUM, keep the suggestions coming! popcorn:: I have definitely added the carrot cake cookies to my list, I've heard a lot of good things about them. And some caramel corn and some cupcakes....mmmmmmmmm! :cloud9:

This is one of my absolute favorite things, deserts!! I would definitely have to have a Napoleon in France, amazing. I visited Karmell Kuche several times, and I think you could order just about anything there and it would be deilcious. I am a huge fan of creme brulee, and I think the best is the maple creme brulle at Le Cellier and the Pistachio at Tony's. The carrott cake cookie at the Writer's Stop is very good. For ice cream I would head to DTD at Ghiraradelli's or to Beaches & Cream.

My favorite sweet treat is the chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich at Main St bakery. Two big chocolate chip cookies with three scoops of ice cream in the middle. Tasty and HUGE. DS and I split this because neither one can finish it by ourself and we are both big eaters.

I would also say Starring Rolls at DHS, they have a large variety of cupcakes that most people on here rave about. To me they are just OK but I'm not a huge cupcake fan. They also have several other tasty looking sweet treats.

Oh and I forgot the Kaki Gori and also the bakery at France in WS. Lots of goodies there.

Our three favorites - Cinnamon Roll @ Main Street Bakery - Dole Whip Float - Caramel Flan @ Cape May Clambake - all yummy :thumbsup2

Kaki Gori (flavored shaved ice) from Japan. The syrup flavors are amazing and its a great treat for a hot summer day!

I don't see this on the menu?

6. S'mores, LeCellier, EPCOT

I can't believe no one mentioned the kitchen sink at beaches and cream :) and do they still serve Beaver Tail in Canada?

i would say the pastries at France esp the strawberry tart. also i highly rec the Pineapple Float at Adventureland, it's very very tasty!

Cinnamon Bun at Main Street Bakery - MK
Brownie Sundae (best Disney brownie I've ever had, better that Beaches and Cream in my opinion) or Cookie Sundae at Storybook Treats - MK

Strawberry Rice Cream, School Bread, or Sweet Pretzel with Almonds at Norway - Epcot

Chocolate Eclair, Napoleon, Peach Tart, really anything at the French bakery - Epcot.

I want to try the cookie sandwich at MSB, sounds yummy.

Is the cinnabun you get at the main street bakery any different than the ones you can buy throughout the parks? They looked the same to me yet this is the only one I ever hear about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter