• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Studios Restaurant - with kids??

HPHILBIN

Mouseketeer
I've always loved the Brown Derby, but this will be my first trip with my kids - 4 & 2 yrs. old. Would you go there... or Sci-Fi or 50's Primetime??? Other suggestions??

We went to Sci-Fi with my 4 and 18 month old. They both loved the atmosphere. We all stuck with cheeseburgers, and they were good. A lot of people like their milkshakes, but I thought they were just okay. Our service was very good, but we did have an earlier PS.

Primetime usually gets better reviews, but I didn't think my kids would get the concept.

I go with Sci-Fi Diner, more of a kids restaurant. They with the seating and food, and also watching the movie previews.

Prime Time definetly went over our kids' heads....Sci-Fi a little more exciting for them, but my advice is don't go beyond the burgers, fries and shakes...maybe it's a better spot for lunch.
We love Mama Melrose. It may not be specifically geared for kids....but none of our three have ever complained!

I have 2 kids also 2 and 4 and were doing Mama Malrose for FDP but for the day there made PS for Sci-Fi. I figured we could either eat everything there or have pizza at Pizza Planet and ice crem for desert at sci-fi.

50's Prime Time. The food is truly, truly excellent and the atmosphere is pure fun. :D

Sci Fi is a mandatory stop for our kids. Because of the lighting and large room it is almost a relaxing environment compared to most park restaurants. Big hit with the kids...I would recommend it at lunch and stick to basics like burgers, etc.

Prime time for certain. DD's been there at 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 and loved it both times. She really got into the cornie-ness of it all this last trip.
I've read many complaints concerning small kids and the seating, the movies and the dim lights at Sci fi

We all loved Prime Times 50's. Good old fashioned food and the best (and biggest) chocolate milkshake I've ever had. We all had the fried chicken and it was super. My kids were 7 and 12 and they thought the theming was a lot of fun. They can't wait to go back.

You are brave taking your kids to different restaraunts at those ages! Our kids are 4 & 8 and don't always do well at sit-downs. Every time we are at MGM we always have to eat at Pizza Planet! :) Altho last trip (June) we ate at Sci-Fi and everyone really liked it. (One of the best parts was that we could split the kids up since only two fit in a seat. DD4 and I sat in the front and DS8 & DH sat in the back. No fighting!)

Have fun with whatever you choose!

Jill

for us, it is 50's Primetime Cafe. The food is great, the service wonderful and quick and it is just alot of fun. The kids love the TV's with the old shows, and our DD gets a kick out of trying to "be bad" so the waitress with punish her. Yesterday, she purposely kept putting her elbows on the table, not putting her napkin in her lap and sitting on her feet. The waitress (Aunt Janice) made her help clear the table, and carry the dishes to the kitchen (not really inside, but to the door). We got pictures of DD with Aunt Janice, and everyone had a total blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter