Favorite Steaks?

My oldest son really liked Yachtsman. I thought it was fine but no better than some of the single dining credit places like BOG. Yachtsman does offer significantly more choices than other restaurants. Most only offer a NY strip while at Yachtsman there are at leat 5-6 options. You might want to consider Narcooosee's if on the dining plan or Shula's if not.

Hard to believe but RFC had a great steak last time. In Nov. Also Mama Melrose. BoG was good and cooked like we ordered them. One med rare the other med. YSh is great if you want a special dinner. Very $$ but great steaks. Chefs was good in Nov but not so great in March!? I dont like it when the food is not consistant. Lecellier is the same way. IMO.

The Wagyu beef at Victoria & Alberts is phenomenal.

Outside of that choice, Shulas offers the highest grade of meat on property.

Shulas and Yachtsman in that order.

You can get a good steak at Flying Fish (NY Strip only) and Citricos (filet only).

But for a good selection of cuts and great steak, Shulas is at the top.

a ribeye off my grill in my back yard. I don't order steak at Disney but my wife does all the time. She likes Captain's Grille, Grand Floridian Café and Olivia's. WE don't eat at Sig's very often. She disliked Narcossee one bit.

We love a great steakhouse in NYC or Chicago. I agree with everyone who voted for Shula's. It's the best grade steak on the Disney premises. We've tried FFC as well as Citrico's and they were great, too, but not as fantastic as Shula's (the Filet melts/cuts like butter).

Shulas and Yachtsman in that order.

You can get a good steak at Flying Fish (NY Strip only) and Citricos (filet only).

But for a good selection of cuts and great steak, Shulas is at the top.

Shulas was to die for!! The absolute best beef onsite. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Yes!!!
I've also had good beef at Flying Fish and Coral Reef (hard to believe but it's true). I have eaten at Yachtsman twice now...first time they badly overcooked my steak (and since I was the last one served, I didn't send it back. If I had, everyone would have been waiting for me to finish so they could order dessert!!!). The second time was okay but nothing outstanding...the service was very snooty. Won't go back there.
Artist Point also had a really good steak. And the steak we had at BoG was good but a bit fatty..which did give it a wonderful flavor but it was a bit too fatty for my tastes.

So glad to hear this as my husband and I made reservations for a date night in December for Shulas!! Now if it wasn't so far into the future.

Shulas
Yachtsmen
Turf Club (Saratoga Springs Resort)
Le celier has really taken a plunge in every area of the restaurant Food service and price

Shula's serves "Prime" grade meat. Yachtsman advertises one single cut of steak that is Prime. The rest is "Choice". All the steaks at Le Cellier are "Choice". Prime is as good as it gets (though Shula's claims that their "Shula's Cut" is a "higher grade of Prime" but I haven't noticed any difference.) So if you are looking for the best quality meat, there can be no debate. It is at Shula's. Whether you will like Yachtsman just as much can only be determined by you. But when in doubt, a good rule of thumb is to judge a steakhouse by the quality of meat realizing that you pay more for Prime. That said, Yachtsman is every bit as expensive as Shula's, though they do throw in the sides for the price of their meals if that matters. At Shula's, sides are all ordered a la carte.

Shula's by a wide margin. Besides using higher quality meat, I've found them to be more consistent with their preparation as well.

Thanks for the great explanation and helping us to understand the "Prime" distinction! It's worth every penny to go to Shula's. We have gone 3 years in a row and look forward to going again this summer. We have 3 young boys and the service has always been open/kind to them. Although the sides are a la carte like at typical great steakhouses, they are good portions. We enjoy the crab mac and cheese, caesar salad, and garlic mashed potatoes to go with our awesome filets!

Shula's serves "Prime" grade meat. Yachtsman advertises one single cut of steak that is Prime. The rest is "Choice". All the steaks at Le Cellier are "Choice". Prime is as good as it gets (though Shula's claims that their "Shula's Cut" is a "higher grade of Prime" but I haven't noticed any difference.) So if you are looking for the best quality meat, there can be no debate. It is at Shula's. Whether you will like Yachtsman just as much can only be determined by you. But when in doubt, a good rule of thumb is to judge a steakhouse by the quality of meat realizing that you pay more for Prime. That said, Yachtsman is every bit as expensive as Shula's, though they do throw in the sides for the price of their meals if that matters. At Shula's, sides are all ordered a la carte.

BOG --- my son and I both had steak... it was really tender.

Kona has always been good too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter