Favorite sounds at DL

Ooh yes.

Ooh yes.

So I forgot to mention, but the whistle of the turnstiles is how I whistle for my son when he's roaming a bit too far. My mom used to whistle for us, but the particular whistle she used seemed a bit harsh and didn't catch his attention. So I use the up-down whistle of the turnstile, and it always catches DS's attention. :)

Bumbershoot~That is too funny...us, too! When I need to get either of my kids' attention (DD9 & DS7), I do that little whistle, it has gotten so that if I do that little whistle, they turn and say, "Yes?" Love it!:lmao:

During dinner I asked DBF this question and he said:

"When I hear the chime of the tickets being scanned at the turnstiles I know I'm there and I'm home"

*sigh* :lovestruc

He also said he likes the noises of the Main Street vehicles.

What a great thread! So hard to pick one, every sound is great.

For me, it is the music that is played in the esplanade. I love walking from DTD (& through security) listening to that music. That always makes me excited each morning. :woohoo:

I just love how Disney bombards all of your senses.

Always loved the ambience / atmospheric sounds when you first set off on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride

oh....
and i can stand for ages listening to that little service droid on the Star Tours ride ..lol

Ooh ooh ooh my all time fave sound is the music at ropedrop... The one I remember the best is "have the time of your life" song... I get goosebumps every time we are at ropedrop!!!

I love all the background music that plays. As soon as you are on Disney property you hear it. I love the music from Main Street and Tomorrowland.
I love the sounds of the POTC ride -- the crickets when the ride starts, the 'dead men tell no tales', the sound of the screams from the first drop. I love the BTMRR sounds. Love the firsworks soundtrack from Xmas or regular fireworks. I love, love love the soundtrack for Fantasmic! Oh heck I love 'em all! :)

Good topic!!

For me its probably not something everyone notices..but I certianly do!! It's on Tower of Terror..it's the sound of the gears and engines as you go up and you anticipate the doors about to open..it's really weird but..I love the feeling I get..like a nervous, scared and excited all at the same time!!

My other favorite sound would be the song on mainstreet..from "Hello Dolly".."Put on your sunday clothes," my all time favorite..makes me want to dance down mainstreet!!

The clicking noise the birds and flowers AAs make in the Tiki Room. I can't really explain it. But you can hear it when they move. I guess you're really not supposed to hear, but I like it. :)

Can you believe that I like this too? But I have to say that my favorite clicks are from the Birds of Paradise. I don't think they're any different, but for some reason I like them the best.

I also like:
The drum beats that are heard before they open the doors to the Tiki Room

The "whistle" and track sounds from BTM

The empty air sounds of the Matterhorn

The bubble noises on Nemo when you go under the waterfall

The wistle of the pirate parrot and the track that pulls the boats up the hill on POTC

And I of course love the MS and fireworks music, but I also like the music of the 2nd room of the ST queue w/ the droids. That's some funky cool music. :cool2:

Oh, so many!

-The chirp when our tickets are scanned
-The music on Soarin'
-"Dead men tell no tales..."
-The piped in music on the walk in from the hotel
-The pop pop pop BOOM of the fireworks

Ahhh... :goodvibes

how do you put the sounds on the cell phone

You can usually download them from your provider or other places on the web.

I LOVE all the sounds at DL. I love that you can hear the music as you are walking up the sidewalk from Harbor before you even get to security.

I hear the clicking of the flowers and birds too. I like it.

I love the ghost host too!

Oh and in the Matterhorn line the bob sled rrrriiiiderrrrssss ... it's hard to type that one out!

and Mine Mine Mine ... as you are walking by the lagoon ...

I have the re-entry whistle as my text msg notifier and the EP as my ringtone. I sometimes swap it out for Space Mtn. I was shocked to find that at AT&T. I think they had Indy too. I have the castle for my screen saver on my phone and the TOT for the background. :goodvibes

I am listening to DL sounds now ... I love subsonic radio ...

Casey Jr. chugging along and I think I can I think I can Whoo whoo
The clop clop of the street car horses.
The sound of popcorn as in popping and tumbling into a bucket for me to eat.
Children laughing.
Street performers like the Dapper Dans and the Jazz band.
Mark Twain and the Columbia

Ok, this may seem like a weird topic. But, what is your favorite sound at Disneyland?

Mine is the clackety-clack sound on Splash Mountain as the log boat makes its last climb up before plunging down the flume.

Oh man, thats a tough one! I like listening to the waterfall at the Matterhorn. I like just walking around Paradise Peer in DCA and listening to the music.

This topic is really hard, because I like EVERYTHING. Just about the only thing I dont like at DL/DCA are the crowds. :rolleyes1

I had to add one....the music leading into the fireworks....the welcome from Julie Andrews....that part just makes me tear up

:thumbsup2 Also the opening bars of Fantasmic.. No matter how many times I hear it it's always a total hairs on the back of the neck standing on end moment :lovestruc Oh and Soarin' especially when you 'fly over Disneyland' :goodvibes

Anytime I hear crows/ravens (whatever those black birds are near the HM and all over DL) it reminds me of DL and I smile. CAW CAW LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter