• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Snacks around world showcase

surgefest

DIS Veteran
Whats everyone's favorite "snacks" around world showcase in epcot? This could be anything you can get at a counter service location or cart or gift shop. List as many as you want and where to get it. Thanks!

I'm an old fashioned "Suthern Gurl" so I always look forward to a hot funnel cake at the American pavillion.:cheer2:

I second the vote for the School Bread at the Norway Bakery. Had it for the very first time two weeks ago -- I had to find out what all of the hype was about. Hooooly Cow! So delicious. So sad we split it three ways. Next year I'm getting my own. As a side note - I'm lactose intolerant so I had the clerk check with the chef/kitchen and it's made with an egg creme.

I agree with the Schoolbread! Omg yum!

Although I really like just about anything you can get out of the French patisserie. We pick up pastries to take back to the room for breakfast the next day.

Fish & Chips from Yorkshire Fish Shop in UK.
Pastries from France
Pretzels, german chocolate cookie, and gummis from Germany
Funnel Cake from American Adventure
School bread, kringla, rice cream, or waffle from Norway

I love the rice cream in Norway!

Anything from the bakery in France is a good choice. From Norway the school bread and the sweet pretzels are great. In America the funnel cakes are awsome. If you want a mini meal/snack the Cantina de San Angel rocks!

:yay: Can't wait to try the School Bread...thanks for the tip and the picture link!!!! Forget the rides...I'm going to eat my way around Epcot!!!!
31 days!!!!

Another vote for School Bread in Norway. Also lefse (looks like a rolled up pastry with cinnamon filling), also in Norway. Kringla Bakery is just awesome; one of my favorite things on every trip is eating lunch there. :goodvibes

Have fun! :wizard:

Does it have coconut on it? Is it noticeable if it does?

Yep, just a light dusting of coconut on the top. I suppose if you're not a fan, you could easily brush it off though. The rest of it is not at all coconut flavored.

Yep, just a light dusting of coconut on the top. I suppose if you're not a fan, you could easily brush it off though. The rest of it is not at all coconut flavored.

This is a picture I took of school bread in March 2006:

Kringla_schoolbread2.jpg

IMO, it's pretty heavy on the coconut, and you can't really brush the coconut off. Most of it is stuck on there pretty good. You can take a plastic knife to it and try to scrape some of it off or cut off the top part, but that doesn't work so well either. Worse comes to worst, cut the entire thing into fourths and then just don't eat the top part with coconut on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter