Favorite servers on The Wonder??

AshAlytwins

DIS Veteran
Last year was our first cruise and one thing I looked forward to was the pampering at mealtime.....it didn't happen. I was very dissapointed in our servers...in fact our head waiter was actually a scary guy from Romania. I would like names of servers to request so this years experience is better!!

AshAlytwins said:
Last year was our first cruise and one thing I looked forward to was the pampering at mealtime.....it didn't happen. I was very dissapointed in our servers...in fact our head waiter was actually a scary guy from Romania. I would like names of servers to request so this years experience is better!!

We got back from the Wonder last week and we had Egi and Ah Lee and they were wonderful! I almost hated to go to Palo one night and miss their service.

They were very sweet and very funny and I highly recommend them!

We had Jeannette and Carlos as our servers. We really liked them. Jeannette is very sweet. Her and Carlos took good care of our 4 children during dinner.

On the magic we had Silvana andAlex and actually cancelled our Palo reservation on the last night because they were so wonderful. Have to sail again to do Palo - How can yu request your favourite servers has anyone done tis as would love to have them if they are on the Med cruise next year.

Danesh and Kim on the Wonder.

Danesh knew I liked escargot, only available at Tritons. On our last night, we ate at Parrot Cay. He told me he had a surprise for me. He brought over two plates of escargot from Tritons.

He also made special trips to other restaurants for dishes that my daughter liked.

We had Pandy and Ramsay from India in April and LOVED them.
They made our boys feel like royality! They always brought us extras of things they noticed we liked, played with the boys - tricks, dancing, etc. The boys were so spoiled they fuss all the time that they wish they were back on the ship having dinner with them. When I ask them what they miss the most, many times they say Pandy and Ramsay!

STA70729.jpg
Ps..Ramsay is so dark complected, his face may not show well. He was funny, he warned us before CCay to use lots of sunscreen "or we'll end up like him!" :rotfl2:

Another related question...how long do the servers serve onboard? Do they have a contracted amount of time (say 6 mos. or more)?

Keep the list of Wonder servers coming! :jumping1:

Eric from Thailand and Galina from Bulgaria were our servers in Feb 2005. Eric was quite the magician and Galina was so attentive to the kids.

Pocono

Since we are dining together we would have to have the same servers ;)

How do you pick? Everyone seems to have different choices? :confused3

Ker-Bear said:
Since we are dining together we would have to have the same servers ;)

How do you pick? Everyone seems to have different choices? :confused3

I'm right with you. It would be interesting to know how many people/families a pair of servers serve. I'd hate to have a battle with my fellow cruiser :teeth: . LOL! You know I'm laughing right Ker-Bear...Ker Bear??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

So, how many people/families do a pair of servers serve? Any one? :listen:

We had Egi several years ago on the Wonder.......heard during our Wonder trip in Nov..that he was on The Magic.......there can only be one Egi! He was great with the kids....loved him!

aiken4mickey said:
We had Egi several years ago on the Wonder.......heard during our Wonder trip in Nov..that he was on The Magic.......there can only be one Egi! He was great with the kids....loved him!

47b4db38b3127cce9c848a351c2c00000026108AaNWjJw3aNN

Is this the Egi that you are talking about?? I can't believe he is still there if that's the case. :cool1:

We had him 2 years ago this month on the Wonder and would LOVE to see him again when we sail again in August!

Every night he would do tricks for my daughter and say in his beautiful accent....."anything you want....your on vacation." We must have repeated that 1,000 times when we returned. :rotfl:

So - is this the one and only Egi?

We had Erik from Indonesia and Rogerio (can't remember where he's from) and they were wonderful!! Erik entertained the kids every night with a different magic trick!!

MB MinnieGirl said:

Is this the Egi that you are talking about?? I can't believe he is still there if that's the case. :cool1:

We had him 2 years ago this month on the Wonder and would LOVE to see him again when we sail again in August!

Every night he would do tricks for my daughter and say in his beautiful accent....."anything you want....your on vacation." We must have repeated that 1,000 times when we returned. :rotfl:

Yes!! That's our Egi! I can still hear him say..."You're on vacation!" The best server! We cruise again on the Wonder this Nov....we'll be looking for him....

Looks like you have a "I didn't do it" kid in your house! Mine is my 6 yr old son...he has the same tshirt.....

We sat with the YFamily. Dinesh and Kim made our whole trip!
Here is Danesh waving at us.
17_Wednesday_AtSea_31.jpg

edit: spelling

MB MinnieGirl said:

LOL, we keep saying that too! He also sang this really funny little tune everytime he put down a plate and my daughter does it all the time now.

Egi, along with his assistant Ah Lee, made the cruise so much fun!!

aiken4mickey said:
Yes!! That's our Egi! I can still hear him say..."You're on vacation!" The best server! We cruise again on the Wonder this Nov....we'll be looking for him....

Looks like you have a "I didn't do it" kid in your house! Mine is my 6 yr old son...he has the same tshirt.....

:woohoo: :woohoo: He is the best isn't he!

I can't believe he is still there!! I'm so glad I saw this thread. Do you know if it's possible to request certain servers? I would love to surprise my DD6 and have him again in Aug!

And oh yea - BIG TIME "I didn't do it kid" here! I should put it on all her clothes! She is 6 too.....maybe it's the age. ;)

~~~Kelly

Maybe it is the age.......location too?

We requested Egi when we cruised again.....he was one of the first Disney Castmates we saw after boarding....we were so excited....we thought for sure since we requested him when booking we would have him.. To our disappointment..we didn't. So, my advice would be to follow up once on board to make sure. :confused3

aiken4mickey said:
Maybe it is the age.......location too?

We requested Egi when we cruised again.....he was one of the first Disney Castmates we saw after boarding....we were so excited....we thought for sure since we requested him when booking we would have him.. To our disappointment..we didn't. So, my advice would be to follow up once on board to make sure. :confused3

LOL!! Maybe it is SC. :rotfl2:

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to call this afternoon to request him, and then I'll follow up once we board the ship.

Thanks so much!! I'll have to let him know that he was the talk of the Dis. :cool1:

MB MinnieGirl said:
LOL!! Maybe it is SC. :rotfl2:

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to call this afternoon to request him, and then I'll follow up once we board the ship.

Thanks so much!! I'll have to let him know that he was the talk of the Dis. :cool1:

You'll have to let me know how it works out....if I thought he was back on the Wonder I would probably make the extra effort when we cruise in Nov to make sure we get him. Look forward to hearing how it works out for you! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter