• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite server on the Magic???

:banana: Hi there Mom x4: You wrote:

When we sent a complimentary letter to last year about Don and Tommie the duo in the promenade lounge, they did show them the letter and they got a free dinner at palos with the captain because of the letter. So please do write about these wonderful people, they will get to see what you write, a copy of every letter goes in their personel file. These really help with them getting to renew their contract and raises too. I have relatives who work at WDW and they know CM's from the cruise line. They do hear of all the good and bad everyone writes as long as you know their name and you should include when you cruised. It is very much appreciated by the crew.
mom x4,grandma x4
[/COLOR]

My question about the kids writing is answered. Thanks for the clarification. Ill be sure to let them write their notes and we will send off to Disney.

My question about reaching a crewmember myself though is still a little unclear. Do you know of any way I can send along a note (without his last name as I did not get it) that will get directly to him?

Thanks for all of your help

:banana: Hi there Mom x4: You wrote:

When we sent a complimentary letter to last year about Don and Tommie the duo in the promenade lounge, they did show them the letter and they got a free dinner at palos with the captain because of the letter. So please do write about these wonderful people, they will get to see what you write, a copy of every letter goes in their personel file. These really help with them getting to renew their contract and raises too. I have relatives who work at WDW and they know CM's from the cruise line. They do hear of all the good and bad everyone writes as long as you know their name and you should include when you cruised. It is very much appreciated by the crew.
mom x4,grandma x4
[/COLOR]

My question about the kids writing is answered. Thanks for the clarification. Ill be sure to let them write their notes and we will send off to Disney.

My question about reaching a crewmember myself though is still a little unclear. Do you know of any way I can send along a note (without his last name as I did not get it) that will get directly to him?

Thanks for all of your help

It looks like sailor minnie sent you the answer to your question, I'm glad because I have never tried to send directly to a CM before, but I'm sure it can be done,
Good luck,
mom x4,grandma x4

ferastu said:
Server - Pairoj from Thailand and asst Jonathan (forgot his country).

In addition to excellent service every night and the character breakfast, Pairoj delivered dinner to our cabin for my wife the night she missed dinner due to having a massage.

Oh yeah, one problem with Pairoj. He will talk you into getting 2 desserts if you have any trouble making up your mind!

Glad to see Pairoj mentioned ... I agree, he was GREAT! A big hit with the kids (3 & 5), even took them out "dancing" when all the music was going on. Very true on the desserts, he made sure you ended up with something you'd enjoy.

Oh, and everything was "Yummy yummy" that he brought to the table ... we all still say that when we eat something good.

We cruised in March 05, and he was about to take his visit "back home" , so I hope he's back when we get to go again.

On our last cruise, we had Teddy and Dennis, both from the Phillipines. They were wonderful. My dh is Filipino and they had the chef make us adobo on the international night. They also had a bowl of cherries at the table every night for my youngest son, he was only 3 at the time. I hope they are still there. How do i request them again?

We have always put in a request for a server's station with our TA when we book. However, upon boarding we always check to see if it has been arranged wherever they are doing all the reservations, changing seating times etc. If we are not already in that server's section, they have always moved us (except once during a hurricane cruise and we had 13 people at the table - 7 of which had been transferred from the Wonder - can hardly blame them for that! :earsboy: ) So we always do both things and we are usually accomodated. Though I'm sure it's a bit of a mightmare for them to switch people around like that at the last minute. They just do it anyway. :sunny:

auntsue1 said:
We had LeeRoy from Jamaica and his assistant server was Gabor from Hungary. They were an excellent team :sunny: That was when we were on the Disney Magic on the New Years Cruise.

Does anyone know if Gabor is still on the ship? :confused3 He wasn't hard on the eyes either! :earsgirl:

We had Gabor one time (although he was with a different server at the time). I would have to agree with your assessment! :teeth:

ferastu said:
Server - Pairoj from Thailand and asst Jonathan (forgot his country).

In addition to excellent service every night and the character breakfast, Pairoj delivered dinner to our cabin for my wife the night she missed dinner due to having a massage.

Oh yeah, one problem with Pairoj. He will talk you into getting 2 desserts if you have any trouble making up your mind!

We had Pairoj and Jonathan this past December. They were great! We had a group of 10 of us (4 were kids) and they were wonderful with them. They even made us send the kids to dinner alone when then adults went to Palo. They took care of them for us.

druiser said:
Glad to see Pairoj mentioned ... I agree, he was GREAT! A big hit with the kids (3 & 5), even took them out "dancing" when all the music was going on. Very true on the desserts, he made sure you ended up with something you'd enjoy.

Oh, and everything was "Yummy yummy" that he brought to the table ... we all still say that when we eat something good.

We cruised in March 05, and he was about to take his visit "back home" , so I hope he's back when we get to go again.

I had to laugh when I saw your post! We all still say "OOHH, yummy, yummy" all the time and we've been home for over a month! :rotfl:

We also had Emmanuel in Palos and was extremely impressed. I noticed in this long thread that no one had mentioned Hemant (India) as one of their favorite dining room servers. We had him for our 2004 cruise and I failed to request him again for 2005... big mistake! On the first night of our cruise when it came time for dessert he asked us if we would like to try a surprise... not being the adventurous type I said no... but my husband agreed. Hemant brought my husband one of each dessert on the menu. It brought a lot of humor to the table on the first night and it only got better each night. We are cruising again next month... we have requested him again... I hope he is still there.

mog said:
We had Gabor one time (although he was with a different server at the time). I would have to agree with your assessment! :teeth:
We did the Panama Canal cruise on the west bound Magic. We got to meet Gabor then because he was the boyfriend of our assistant server, Vivian. We even got them to pose together for a picture. Took a lot of prodding. Does anyone know if Vivian is still on the Magic? She was the assistant with Sylvester from India at that time. I suspect that she is still an assistant because she was happy with that role.
Bill

mog said:
I had to laugh when I saw your post! We all still say "OOHH, yummy, yummy" all the time and we've been home for over a month! :rotfl:

Mog, glad to hear we're not the only ones who kept saying "yummy yummy" long after we got home - thought we might be really strange :rotfl2:

It's been 10 months since we cruised, and we do it far less now, but it always brings a huge smile to my face when one of the kids says it after eating pizza or ice cream. :earsboy:

My wife suffers from food allergies, nuts and shellfish, and the head waiter, Alekandra, The Netherlands, Gabor from Hungary, and Marcela from Chile were A+ for staying on top of all the dishes that came out of the kitchen. The were very serious about this and everything was double and triple checked. We felt very comfortable and sent high marks all three of these servers. Also Marco in Palo is totally outstanding. Be prepared to eat.

Ed

druiser said:
Mog, glad to hear we're not the only ones who kept saying "yummy yummy" long after we got home - thought we might be really strange :rotfl2:

It's been 10 months since we cruised, and we do it far less now, but it always brings a huge smile to my face when one of the kids says it after eating pizza or ice cream. :earsboy:

In fact, when I was telling my kids about this thread tonight they reminded me of another one...."OOHH, Lovely, lovely".
We really had a great time with Pairoj and Jonathan. They did some awesome magic tricks!

I know this thread has been dead for awhile now, but I just got off the Magic yesterday and needed to post about our servers. :)

We had Fernando from Chile and Lynette from Singapore. They were FANTASTIC and we will be requesting them when we sail again. Fernando did magic tricks every night for the kids. Lynette was so sweet that my DD4 hugged her so many times throughout the cruise and cried when we had to say goodbye. They were both amazing at handling our large group (16 people at 2 tables). My DMIL got sick about halfway through the cruise (she has several health problems) and wasn't able to make it to dinner several nights. They both asked how she was feeling, and wanted us to let her know they sent their best wishes for her to get better. I just can't say enough good things about them both. They made our week absolutely magical.

We had Kristian from Croatia in Palo for brunch. We had such a wonderful experience we requested being put on the waiting list for Palo dinner on the spot as well. (With travelling with family we didn't want to originally do Palo dinner, but decided after brunch that we had to.) We got a reservation for 8:30pm on the Nassau night (got to watch as the ship sail away from Nassau out the Palo windows) and had Kristian again. He was amazing. He made a recommendation for champagne cocktails during brunch that were absolutely perfect for DH and my tastes. His recommendation for wine for dinner was spot on, as were all of his food recommendations as well. We are now Palo addicts and will request him any time we dine in Palo from now on. :)

Our head server in the dining rooms was Eric from France who was actually our head server on the Wonder in 2003. I had arranged for a birthday cake the first night for DD8 and a birthday cake the second night for DH. The first night came and went with no cake. I mentioned it to Fernando who said he would speak to the Head Server and they would deliver both the following night. Again, dinner came and went with no cakes. Fernando said that he again would speak to the Head Server and have both cakes delivered the 3rd night. The 3rd night DMIL fell ill and wasn't able to attend. We got our cakes finally, but without DMIL in attendance. We had never seen Eric up to this point and weren't even aware he was our head server until the cakes were delivered. Needless to say, we weren't very happy about this.

Fernando, Lynette and Kristian are absolutely amazing and I am so excited about going back so I can see them all again. (Hopefully) :love:

We just returned on 3/4 and in my opinion had 2 of the best servers on the ship. We had Dennis and our head server and Aditiya as our asst server. They went out of their way to make sure that everything was great for us. My son was a picky eater but he really likes fruit so every night he had a bowl or raspberries, blueberries, and watermelon. They were always willing to listen to my mom, who really likes to talk, and never made her feel like she was a hinderance. I would request them again if they are still serving when we go in 2008

Thanks
Judy

cindalu said:
On our cruise last May we had Leeroy and Lisa.

can anyone who is going on the Magic see if you can find out if these 2 are still on the ship. We are going in Nov 06 and would like to request them.

He was from Jamaica and she was from Scotland.

Leeroy is still onboard the Magic...we cruised March 11-18 and he was our server in Lumiere's for breakfast on St. Patrick's Day....my friend and I had been to napkin folding the previous day and were trying to remember how to make some of the napkin creations and Leeroy saw us and came over and helped us out and even showed us some additional designs....

I have to give :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 to our servers on the Magic March 11-18, 2006....Miro and Nosberth and our head server Zan....you guys were the best!!!!!!

I also have to give :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 to our servers on the Magic when we took the ship through the Panama Canal in May 2005....Navneet and Paula and our head server Allain...Table 9 misses you guys....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter