• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Ride - and I Don't Know WHY!

Withacy

DIS Veteran
I LOVE rollercoasters. I don't get motion sick or scared (I usually laugh my way through them). I love thrill rides.

But if I was going into the MK, and you told me I only had time for one ride, the one I would choose wouldn't be one of the rollercoasters! I really love them - don't get me wrong. But if I could only choose one, it would be:

Haunted Mansion.

I don't know why it's my favorite. It's corny. Not scary. I practically have it memorized. But for some reason, it always makes me happy. (OK, all of WDW makes me happy - but it makes me extra, magically happy.)

Maybe I'm just slightly off? :tilt:

I LOVE rollercoasters. I don't get motion sick or scared (I usually laugh my way through them). I love thrill rides.

But if I was going into the MK, and you told me I only had time for one ride, the one I would choose wouldn't be one of the rollercoasters! I really love them - don't get me wrong. But if I could only choose one, it would be:

Haunted Mansion.

I don't know why it's my favorite. It's corny. Not scary. I practically have it memorized. But for some reason, it always makes me happy. (OK, all of WDW makes me happy - but it makes me extra, magically happy.)

Maybe I'm just slightly off? :tilt:

HM is one of THE most-popular, well-loved attractions at any Disney park.

For me it's Mickey's Philharmagic...and it thrills me to no end that so many people either don't know it's there, or don't care to see it! Never more of a wait than it takes to get to the next showing!

One of my favorites (and I can't believe I'm admitting this) is Living with the Land. Don't ask me why, I just love this ride.

One of my favorites (and I can't believe I'm admitting this) is Living with the Land. Don't ask me why, I just love this ride.
LOL! Well you and my DH would get along fabulously! He loves that ride. The kids and I make fun of him for wanting to ride it so much.

Peter Pans Flight gives me the silly happy thrills. I also LOVE thrill rides but that ride make me feel...well magical!
I think PPF has more to do with the fact I rode it when I was 1 year old. I didn't go back to Disney World until I was 18. When I got on the ride I looked at my mother and said..."This is real...it isn't a dream?" I had been dreaming about PPF all of my life. I had NO idea it was a REAL ride I had taken when I was 1 year old. So I guess since it's the only memory I have of my first DW experience it is super special to me.

POTC makes my heart happy. :love: I loved it when I first rode it with my parents (now gone) in 1975 and I love it now. HM comes in at a very close second. They are just quintessential Disney.

I love that one too!! I was referring to MK attractions...but really - what's better than giant produce?

Sometimes it's not the ride itself so much as the feeling it gives you. Some rides to me just represent *Disney*. POTC is one, HM is another and Splash Mountain. They are just rides that give me that Disney feeling. :goodvibes

I'm a thrill ride type of girl.. and PeopleMover/TTA/whatever its called now is up there with my favorite Disney rides. So no, you're not off!

OK - POTC & Jungle Cruise are up there too. And you're right - it's probably that DISNEY feeling.

At other parks (like Cedar Point) - the bigger the thrill, the more I like it. But not the Disney parks. It's a whole different thing.

(Splash Mountain may be very Disney, and fun - but I rarely ride it anymore - mostly because I go in the winter, and at my age, walking around wet and cold has lost a lot of it's appeal.)

Haunted Mansion is a classic :) I'd say that my fav ride in all of the parks is Spaceship Earth.

I think that Disney feeling is the key! The last time I was there, I felt like Jungle Cruise was the best experience I had on property. It was all because we had a FANTASTIC skipper! It was the best ride on JC I'd ever had, and was the most fun of any attraction I rode that trip.

Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh. . . even if I AM 43 with no small children!:cool1:

I think HM is pure Disney. They have created a masterpiece that comes off cheesy at Six Flags.
I love Philharmagic, Splash Mountain, and can spend hours at Nemo/The Living Seas.
Is anyone gonna say Stitch is their fave???

Mickey's Philharmagic does it for me too- something about it...the music, each moment captures my heart!

Haunted Mansion all the way! I could ride it over and over again. I think i always find something new in the cemetary, and I've been riding for many, many years.

For me it's Mickey's Philharmagic...and it thrills me to no end that so many people either don't know it's there, or don't care to see it! Never more of a wait than it takes to get to the next showing!

I would have to agree that most folks don't mention Philharmagic. It is my most favorite attraction. I love Donald Duck's mischief.

I would have to agree that most folks don't mention Philharmagic. It is my most favorite attraction. I love Donald Duck's mischief.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter