Favorite restaurants for solo meals? TS or QS

XoxoAmy

Attends every runDisney weekend
Taking my first solo trip next weekend. Were is your favorite place to eat when solo? In any WDW park or resort (best part about solo... I can do/go where ever I want!)

Hmm... if you get in the mood to talk with someone, I'd head to Germany Biergarten myself (but I like the food and atmosphere there). Whispering Canyon to people watch maybe. Otherwise, I tend to just get my favorite QS when ever I get hungry, find a quiet bench, and enjoy the surroundings.

My favorites are the bar at Flying Fish, the Dockside Bar at Boathouse, and the cooking place bar at Jiko. I'd take a regular table at any of these solo as well but particularly at FF & Jiko I enjoy the interaction with the cast members at the bar. Jiko is especially cool as they're preparing appetizers and desserts right in front of you and I find it fun to make a whole night out of dinner, exploring the resort etc. I also love Brown Derby (lounge or restaurant), Chefs de France (particularly if you can get a window table but that's never guaranteed), Nomad Lounge.

My favorites are the bar at Flying Fish, the Dockside Bar at Boathouse, and the cooking place bar at Jiko. I'd take a regular table at any of these solo as well but particularly at FF & Jiko I enjoy the interaction with the cast members at the bar. Jiko is especially cool as they're preparing appetizers and desserts right in front of you and I find it fun to make a whole night out of dinner, exploring the resort etc. I also love Brown Derby (lounge or restaurant), Chefs de France (particularly if you can get a window table but that's never guaranteed), Nomad Lounge.
Oh this is great. Right now I have reservations for Jiko (hoping to sit at the bar), Brown Derby and Chefs de France!

When I have been there as a solo diner, I go where ever I want. Have never been treated poorly for being solo. Often treated even better.
Loved the old bar at Flying Fish, can't say since it reopened, Jiko, California Grill (before prix-fixe),

I went once solo (business trip). I lucked out with the patio at Rose and Crown for lunch. I also dined at Olivias (Old Key West). Loved it, especially since it wasnt filled with families, but more adults. Any of the restaurants at Swan/Dolphin too are more geared towards adults. Easy boat ride from Epcot, then poke around the Boardwalk after dinner. Kona Cafe is another great one. Much quieter than Ohana. Grand Floridian Cafe, or any QS/outdoor dining where you can enjoy the scenery and people watch!

I especially like anywhere with a view of things to see-like Yak and Yeti, where I can look at all the knick knacks, Chefs de France by a window where I can people watch, Coral Reef by the tank, where I can watch the fish go by-you get the idea. I avoid communal dining, like Biergarten and Teppenyaki-it's fun if you get enjoyable table mates, I would think, but the one time I did it, the girl sitting next to me was very unfriendly, and since I was at the end of the table and it was pretty loud, I had no one else to talk to. At the end of the meal, I don't know which one of us was more happy to get out of there. I love character meals, not to visit with the characters, but the people watching is fantastic-it's so much fun to see the kids get their first look at a character "in real life". And the characters are so cued in to my shyness-they just wave or blow me a little kiss as they go by.

Along these lines, for quick service - Flame Tree at AK. Go down by the water and you might catch the kite show. You can also people watch across the water and watch the birds, etc.

I've always enjoyed Sci-Fi and 50's Prime Time alone. With everyone watching the screens, it's nice to not to feel so alone. For quick service, I agree with Flame Tree in AK, and would add Sunshine Seasons at Epcot.

Quick shout out for Nomad Lounge at AK. The little two-tops on the veranda are perfect for solos, and offer nice views of the river and the floating cavalcades. I always see plenty of single diners there.

Another fan of Nomad Lounge and HBD lounge and inside TS restaurant. I've dined at most every TS except buffets, solo in the parks. My upcoming trip I'm hoping to try the lounge in GF (can't remember the name). I love Spice Road Tables at Epcot, there is outside seating, small plates and usually not very crowded. Not a fan of 50s Prime Time when solo but then not a fan with family either, the food is a tad too heavy for me. I do like the bar area but last time we were there in Sept. they were only allowing you to get drinks to go, don't know if they've changed that or not. Jikos has a great little lounge but the seating is very limited. Also, you will be there during F&G at Epcot so make some room for snacking at the booths (I usually make a couple of meals a trip there).

I like the lounges and bars. Nomad and Hollywood Brown Derby lounges; they have their own menus separate from the restaurants. Bar at Homecoming, if they are seating there now. You can order anything off the menu. I don't know if 50s Prime Time lounge lets you order food. Trader Sam's outside. Tambu Lounge, also at Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter