Favorite Restaurant in Downtown Disney?

dreamerliz

Mouseketeer
Hi!
Just wondering what everyone's favorite Downtown Disney Restaurant is. We'll be eating there the first night we arrive.

While we are at it = what's the Gardenwalk fav??

Hi!
Just wondering what everyone's favorite Downtown Disney Restaurant is. We'll be eating there the first night we arrive.

While we are at it = what's the Gardenwalk fav??

It really depends on what you like or what you are in the mood for of course. There is everything there, a sports bar (american grill) Mexican, Italian, fried everthing at the House of Blues, even a Rain Forest Cafe. My personal favorite is Ralph Brennan's because there are plenty of opportunities to eat at the other type places but I don't know of another Brennan's restaurant outside of New Orleans. There is also a Quartet that plays jazz in the evenings. Hope this helps.

I'll put in a plug for La Brea. Yummy food!

ON the night we were there last December, a Thursday, every restaurant was over-full, and no one else was seating guests who did not have a reservation. after wandering with hungry tummy's we decided to walk back and sit down outside at La Brea. THe food was so good, we went back the next day to make sure it wasn't just our hunger talking. Nope, just as good the next day!

Rainforest Cafe seems to be a love it or hate it thing, but since our first time there my family has always loved RFC. We do it at least once every trip. :)

Have heard great things about Fire & Ice at Gardenwalk.....we'll be trying it for the first time in December, using our $25 restaurant.com gift certificate that we paid $1 for!

And considering that the restaurant.com site has consistently shown Fire & Ice to be sold out by mid month....I'm figuring either it's a very popular restaurant, or they are marketing genuis to make me think that by pulling their gcs mid month, lol.

I like Naples a lot - but that's also a love it or hate it thing, I think. The pizza served at Naples is more 'authentic' and does not taste like a lot of pizza that people might be familiar with. The outdoor dining area is quiet and nice for people watching over Downtown Disney.

I also like Rainforest Cafe (I've always had good experiences there, for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and I really like the theme) and ESPN Zone.

I've only ever eaten at Rainforest Cafe, and I like them! I love their lettuce wraps....MMMMMMM...

I really really want to try Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, but it has always been really crowded when we go. Maybe next time!

It's the only place we've eaten in DTD (besides Hagen Daaz!), but we really enjoyed Jazz Kitchen Express. I'm sure the table service restaurant is good, too, as the food we had was quite yummy!

We also like Naples because we love Neopolitan style pizza....and another vote for Jazz Kitchen.

I really enjoy Ralph's as well!

I've had good and bad experiences at the RFC, and a good and bad experience at Joe's...

ESPN Zone is good,
Naples was blehhhhhhhh
and I just ate at Tortilla Joe's and was skeptical since it doesnt seem to get good reviews but the food was yummy! and they have a yummy coconut mojito! :love:
Next I hope is to try Ralph Brennans!

Favorite at DTD = Tortilla Joes

Favorite at GW = Ceesecake Factory

I've only ever eaten at Rainforest Cafe, and I like them! I love their lettuce wraps....MMMMMMM...

I really really want to try Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, but it has always been really crowded when we go. Maybe next time!

If you like lettuce wraps try the ones at PF Chang's, so much better then the ones at RFC!! :)

OP in DTD we really like RFC & the Jazz Kitchen, both Express and inside are delish!!!!

In the GW we like the Cheesecake Factory, CA Pizza Kitchen (try the BBQ Chicken pizza, OMG yum!), Bubba Gump & PF Chang's.

Down a bit farther on Harbor we like Joe's Crab Shack as well. :)

Have heard great things about Fire & Ice at Gardenwalk.....we'll be trying it for the first time in December, using our $25 restaurant.com gift certificate that we paid $1 for!

And considering that the restaurant.com site has consistently shown Fire & Ice to be sold out by mid month....I'm figuring either it's a very popular restaurant, or they are marketing genuis to make me think that by pulling their gcs mid month, lol.

I've been to Fire and Ice twice, the second time we had free vouchers, It's a mongolian style grill, I didn't like the selections they had but it's ok.

We love the RFC, we always start our vacations there with the first night at RFC...At the Gardenwalk we absolutely love Bar Louie!!!And the raw oyster selection at Mccormick and Schmicks!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter