Favorite restaurant for dinner at Epcot?

Jenniecamp86

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!

Just wondering what everyone's favorite places to eat in Epcot are?

What is your favorite dish? Your "must have" drink? What is your favorite thing about the restaurant besides the food?

Just looking for suggestions to help me decide on a place to set up a reservation! :)

I've only eaten at one restaurant in Epcot so far, which was Garden Grill. I would definitely recommend it. The food was amazing. The turkey there was the first turkey I've ever actually enjoyed(usually it's very dry and bland) and DH loved the salad. And Chip and Dale are great. Also the rotating restaurant is pretty cool.

Biergarten is a must-do for me. The buffet has a large number of cold salads - enough that it could be your whole meal. The other foods are good too. The best part for me is the band. They are so much fun and the kids like to go up to the dance floor and have fun dancing.

we really enjoyed La Hacienda last trip. We had a 6:15 reservation and still had to wait ~45mins for a table. Food was great, atmosphere was great, sangrias really hit the spot. We had a nice table right by the window overlooking the lake. Would be a great spot to watch the fireworks.

I've done all but Nine Dragons. My top choices would be Biergarten, Marrakesh, Monsieur Paul and Via Napoli. Biergarten is my favorite but the others are not in any order.

The bottom of my list would be San Angel Inn and Akershus.

We did Garden Grill in 2008 and we found it good and fun. Tons of character interaction.

I did LeCellier a few years ago and truly enjoyed the filet with risotto. The soup was awesome too.

We did Via Napoli last trip and really really loved it.

I'm a huge fan of the Grey Goose slushie in France.

Hey everyone!

Just wondering what everyone's favorite places to eat in Epcot are?

What is your favorite dish? Your "must have" drink? What is your favorite thing about the restaurant besides the food?

Just looking for suggestions to help me decide on a place to set up a reservation! :)

We like Le Chefs de France for lunch with Remy visiting our table. We also like Teppan Edo for lunch. The food is very fresh and the "show" is fun. We also like the CS in Norway. Great soups, sandwiches and pastries.

Chefs de France has always been a favorite. Servers have been a delight, we love the atmosphere and food is good.

This trip we are excited to try Via Napoli. Friends said enjoying pizza and sangria was one of the highlights of their trip!

;)

I have eaten at all of them, and the only thing I remember is le cellier and the two French eateries I was still hungry, nothing worse than over priced food and still being hungry.

Merakesh in morocco . We didn't know if we would like it , we had never tried that kind of food but it was great and the atmosphere was AWSOME ! Very cool temp wise too! Nice on a hot day. Tried the wine from morocco and it was very good.

We did Garden Grill in 2008 and we found it good and fun. Tons of character interaction.

I did LeCellier a few years ago and truly enjoyed the filet with risotto. The soup was awesome too.

We did Via Napoli last trip and really really loved it.

I'm a huge fan of the Grey Goose slushie in France.

We've dined at most restaurants, around the world showcase. I would strongly recommend Le Cellier, Via Napoli & throw in the Rose & Crown for good measure. ::yes::

Merakesh in morocco . We didn't know if we would like it , we had never tried that kind of food but it was great and the atmosphere was AWSOME ! Very cool temp wise too! Nice on a hot day. Tried the wine from morocco and it was very good.

I agree. Ate there a few weeks ago and thought the food was really good.

There are so many good options to choose from!

I like Le Cellier, Rose & Crown, Les Chefs, Tutto Italia, Via Napoli, and the Biergarten. It really depends on what you're in the mood for and how much you want to spend :-)rotfl:).

Of the ones I listed, my favorites are Le Cellier and Via Napoli. At Le Cellier, I like the cheddar cheese soup, filet mignon with mushroom risotto, and cucumber sorbet. At Via Napoli, I like the aranchini, prosciutto e melon pizza, and the Coppa Di Brutti Ma Buoni sundae.

Biergarten! Finally tried it last year (after 20+ trips of ignoring it) and it was unbelievable! That cheese spatzle and the meatballs....Mmmmmmmmmmm.

DS and I loved Via Napoli! The pizza quattro formaggi was exceptionally good! Definitely a highlight of our day in Epcot! :)

Most of the Epcot restaurants get to the brink, but in the end, fail to deliver. Given the attempt to submerse the visitor in a bit of the country that the pavilion intends to replicate, one hopes for a bit more authenticity, and the failure to deliver causes a negative return on expectations. So I tend to rate the Epcot restaurants based on how well they deliver on expectations as opposed to rating them purely on a culinary basis. For example, while the food at Chefs de France may be OK, a restaurant of this quality would not dare to open in France. Nine Dragons could be any old Americanized Chinese restaurant in middle America. Le Cellier is about as Canadian as Canadian bacon. All these places could be so much more if they tried. But the only two places that seem to meet my expectations are Via Napoli and Biergarten. The pizza at Via Napoli is relatively inexpensive for a Disney meal, and it can hold its own with "real" pizza. The food at Biergarten is a fair representation of what one might get at a casual beer garden in Munich or Heidelberg. It is close enough to fool me. So while the overall quality and cuisine of these two places might be among the most pedestrian at Epcot, I find them to be the most satisfying in the sense of authenticity. All that said, when I want a real good meal when visiting Epcot, I go to bluezoo.

Edit to add: Have not been to Msr. Paul, and it wouldn't matter to me if the food at Rose and Crown were authentic or not. I just don't care for that cuisine. Scotch Egg? No thanks.

San Angel Inn great food our table overlooked the ride best place to sit. Many of the guests on the ride would wave just a nice atmosphere.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter