Favorite recipes for honeycrisp apples?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
I scored a free 1/2 bushel of honeycrisp apples today (utility grade).

I"m planning to make an apple-maple-pork crockpot recipe this weekend, but I will still have a bunch of apples left.

What are your favorite honeycrisp apple recipes? Sweet or savory.

Thanks!

Honey crisps are good for baking. That's what I use for apple pies, turnovers, tarts, and crisps. I also used a couple last night for cinnamon apple pork chops.

We just eat them.

If I wanted to do something with them I would make pie and then another one, and so forth.:p

I just bought a bag at Sam's.

I was visiting an orchard once, and they made delicious apple chocolate chip cookies. The apples were sweet and soft and chewy in the cookies. I tried to re-create them at home, but if I used raw apples, they stayed too raw, and when I diced and cooked them first, they got too soft and soggy in the cookies. Does anyone have a recipe for something like this?

Honeycrisps will keep up to 7 months in cold storage if they are not damaged (punctures or bad spots). They are best for fresh eating.

I peel, slice and eat. But I am guilty of putting some salt on them, because that's the way my mom did it. She also salted watermelon, although she doesn't remember ever doing that now (at 95).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter