Favorite quiet pool?

Minnie

DIS Veteran
We are veteran WDW vacationers BUT we've only recently found the luxury of the "quiet pool". At the WL the "quiet pool" is sooo nice to lay in the lounge read a book, sip a cold drink, and DS has room to spread out and swim :thumbsup2

Do the other deluxe resorts also have quiet pools? If so which resort has the best?

Thanks!

We are veteran WDW vacationers BUT we've only recently found the luxury of the "quiet pool". At the WL the "quiet pool" is sooo nice to lay in the lounge read a book, sip a cold drink, and DS has room to spread out and swim :thumbsup2

Do the other resorts also have quiet pools? If so which resort has the best?

Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken (and someone will correct me if I am wrong), all but the values and the POFQ have quiet pools. For the moderates, I know the CBR has seven quiet pools -- one in each village; the CSR has three quiet pools -- one in each section, I know the POR has them...but not sure how many.

If I'm not mistaken (and someone will correct me if I am wrong), all but the values and the POFQ have quiet pools. For the moderates, I know the CBR has seven quiet pools -- one in each village; the CSR has three quiet pools -- one in each section, I know the POR has them...but not sure how many.

Thank you for the response... I should have specified that I'm looking for info on the deluxe resorts - we really enjoy using the balcony as a "bonus" room :thumbsup2

The quiet pool at the Poly may just be my favorite place in the entire World! It's a large oval pool that has a roped off deep end that goes to about 8 feet. There are lounge chairs, tables and even some lanai-type areas surrounding it. At night, there the tiki torches are lit, too. It's perfect.

I liked the quiet pool at BWI. Nice lounge chairs and a great hot tub too. :). I'm not sure if this counts as a quiet pool or not but we also really liked the Paddocks pool at SSR.

Poly quiet pool is lovely, with all the lush foliage and tiki torches. And it even has a deep end!

GF quiet pool is huge -- seriously -- and it is in the courtyard off the main building. It's a great place for a swim or to just relax for the afternoon!

Do the other deluxe resorts also have quiet pools? If so which resort has the best?

Thanks!

Just when I thought I knew just about everything, here's something I have never heard of....What exactly is a "quiet pool"? Now before you start rolling with laughter over my ignorance :rotfl:, you must know that I do not swim when I am WDW, there's too much to do! :goodvibes

Thank you for the response... I should have specified that I'm looking for info on the deluxe resorts - we really enjoy using the balcony as a "bonus" room :thumbsup2

Then the only one I personally know of is the Poly (I don't remember about the CR) since we no longer do deluxes.

Love the quiet pool at BWV...never seems to have too many people there. I did just find the quiet pool at BWI....looks really nice as well, but a further walk from the villa side.
I like the quiet pool at the Polynesian as well. But, it could get very crowded there, with lots of horse play. But it sure is lovely after dark!!!

Quiet pools are pools without slides, and little theming. Just like regular pools you would find anywhere. The word 'quiet' does not mean it is going to be quiet there!!! I have overheard some people complaining because there were kids fooling around, having fun, but loudly, at the quiet pool. They would say...'Man, this is supposed to be a quiet pool. Why do they let kids into a quiet pool??' But, that's a wrong assumption...just means no themeing or slide.

The GF quiet pool is the largest, but also the most crowded of all the quiet pools. Because of its location in the main courtyard, more people use it than the theme pool (which is also much smaller).

I really like the quiet pool at the YC. It is hidden off on the side of the building over by the tennis courts and there is rarely anyone there.

The quiet pool at the BC, meanwhile, is just off the walkway that one takes to walk to Epcot from the BC/YC. It also gets a lot of traffic from people cutting through the pool area to enter the resort. Not a very quiet "quiet pool" at all.

I really like the quiet pool at the YC. It is hidden off on the side of the building over by the tennis courts and there is rarely anyone there.

The quiet pool at the BC, meanwhile, is just off the walkway that one takes to walk to Epcot from the BC/YC. It also gets a lot of traffic from people cutting through the pool area to enter the resort. Not a very quiet "quiet pool" at all.

We loved the quiet pool at the YC - SAB could be a bit overwhelming sometimes - so we'd pack up and head on over there...being on the DxDDP, we'd order "room/pool service" and have a lovely lunch out there.

We had the pool to ourselves everytime we wanted to use. The restrooms are basically un-used. Ahhh, I want to go back!

Never stayed at the GF - but their "quiet pool" looks amazing! I prefer it to the other one.

Just wanted to say we really enjoyed the quiet pool at the WL too - the bigger pool just had so much loud music and crazy games going on, and our 5 year olds don't swim well yet - we were MUCH happier at the small pool and the kids weren't overwhelmed. Having said that, I'm sure when we go back in a few years they're going to INSIST on swimming at the "loud" pool. :)

I really never felt that way. Yes, there may be some who cross through that are coming from the buses to the villas area, but in the times that I was at that pool, I really didn't notice much coming and going.
But, I will say, it was one of my nicest experiences at a quiet pool. I was at WDW all by myself...I had met up with friends there but was staying at BCV solo. I had an afternoon, one Dec, where I had no other plans. I went out to the pool, and found it to be pretty empty. Had about 4 people there..no kids at all. I hopped in the pool for a bit, then moved over to the hot tub for a bit. Had it all to myself. Man...talk about a relaxing hour or so. It was heavenly.

I never noticed very many people "cutting through" when we were at the BC quiet pool either. We had the deluxe CL room (1557) which was right by the quiet pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter