Favorite QS/CS for dinner?

buffettgirl

The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet.
We've done the ADRs in the past for every dinner, we're beyond needing character meals and we go enough that we get our fix of 'special' restaurants during longer trips. This trip is going to be a short one with only 4 park days - 2 non-park days. I don't really want to waste all the time sitting down for dinner each night (we're mid afternoon break people too, so come dinner, we're already rested, so we don't need the dinner 'rest' break). Kids are not picky (one middle school, one young adult) .

We have Boma one night and possible HDD one night. so the other days are park days . We eat breakfast/lunch at the hotel. While we love most food at Disney we just tend to feel over fed by the end of vacation so we thought we'd try to do things differently this time.

Could you all list your favorite CS/QS for each park? For Dinner (not snacks) for a whole meal. Thanks. :)

MK- We have to do Columbia Harbor House at least twice a trip. It is very relaxed if you go sit upstairs with a great view while you eat! The food is good but i mean, to me most counter service in the parks offer similiar things.

AK- My favorite is Pizzafari...they have really good sandwiches and a great location

Epcot- Fish and Chips!!!! yummmmmm

HS- we always end up at the Commisary, even though i dont love it bc it is the easiest with the most choices in my opinion. But with kids, maybe try Toy Story Pizza planet!

Have a great, relaxing trip!:goodvibes

MK- We have to do Columbia Harbor House at least twice a trip. It is very relaxed if you go sit upstairs with a great view while you eat! The food is good but i mean, to me most counter service in the parks offer similiar things.

AK- My favorite is Pizzafari...they have really good sandwiches and a great location

Epcot- Fish and Chips!!!! yummmmmm

HS- we always end up at the Commisary, even though i dont love it bc it is the easiest with the most choices in my opinion. But with kids, maybe try Toy Story Pizza planet!

Have a great, relaxing trip!:goodvibes

Thanks for the suggestions. Yeah, we've done pizza planet in the past for lunch and my son loves it there - can't imagine why LOL. :rolleyes1 . That's generally the only day that we generally eat lunch in the parks. So we've never tried any of the other places in HS. I'll have to check out the menu at the commissary.

MK - Columbia Harbour House - very good tuna sandwich

AK - Restaurantosaurus

Epcot - never done cs/qs

HS - Toy story pizza planet/ABC commissary (it's a toss up)

Note that the resort CS locations generally have expanded menus at dinnertime, while the parks stay the same. I think this is a factor, especially for MK. I'd take the launch across to the Poly and have dinner at Capt Cooks if it's a hot day (a Dole Whip is one of your CS-credit dessert choices!). Otherwise, I think it's fun to have dinner at Contempo Cafe in the CR.

AK: Flame Tree BBQ. When you get your food, follow the paths behind the restaurant to the covered pavillion that overlooks the lake and Expedition Everest.

Epcot: oh, it's all good. Whatever you're in the mood for. I'm partial to the Patisserie in France and the Chef's Special in Norway, but pretty much everyplace has good options.

HS: yes, this is the problem child. I love Starring Rolls but they close by 4 pm and are often out of CS meals by 1:30. I think the best dinner option is to take the boat to Epcot, but the second-best dinner option is to browse the multiple locations on Sunset Blvd. They form a sort of open-air food court with shared picnic table seating. Between them all you should find food to please everyone.

Note that the resort CS locations generally have expanded menus at dinnertime, while the parks stay the same. I think this is a factor, especially for MK. I'd take the launch across to the Poly and have dinner at Capt Cooks if it's a hot day (a Dole Whip is one of your CS-credit dessert choices!). Otherwise, I think it's fun to have dinner at Contempo Cafe in the CR.

AK: Flame Tree BBQ. When you get your food, follow the paths behind the restaurant to the covered pavillion that overlooks the lake and Expedition Everest.

Epcot: oh, it's all good. Whatever you're in the mood for. I'm partial to the Patisserie in France and the Chef's Special in Norway, but pretty much everyplace has good options.

HS: yes, this is the problem child. I love Starring Rolls but they close by 4 pm and are often out of CS meals by 1:30. I think the best dinner option is to take the boat to Epcot, but the second-best dinner option is to browse the multiple locations on Sunset Blvd. They form a sort of open-air food court with shared picnic table seating. Between them all you should find food to please everyone.

oh I actually never really thought of going to Poly or CR. We're at Shades of Green (so no dining plan) but half the time we walk to poly to take the monorail, instead of taking the shades-ttc bus, so that's perfect for us. We're there anyway. It's right across the street.

Most of our dinners happen right upon night arrival back at whatever park,so it's easy enough to get to a resort before a park.

MK - like others, Columbia Harbor House. But this upcoming trip I'm going to try the waffle sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow - they sound interesting!

Epcot - I love the quick service at both Mexico and Morocco.

Studios - Fairfax Fare (close to Tower of Terror) - pulled pork, ribs, turkey legs - they have more interesting options that chicken nuggets, burgers and pizza.

AK - I'll second Flame Tree Barbeque!

Magic Kingdom: Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe.

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons & Electric Umbrella.

Hollywood Studios: ABC Commissary & Backlot Express.

Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree BBQ & Pizzafari.

MK: Cosmic Ray's; I've heard Columbia Harbor House is good, but we've never tried it.
Epcot: Love, love, love Sunshine Season's; they have tons of options, huge portions, and they offer a lot of things you don't find at all at any other QS locations. Their desserts are wonderful too!
AK: My girls and my favorite is Pizzafari. MY husband really likes Flame Tree BBQ ( we all like it, it's just that the girls and I prefer the pizza)
DHS: Our favorite is Starring Rolls, but it closes early. We've eaten at Backlot Express and it was okay. I'd keep searching at this park.

MK: We really like Cosmic Ray's for the variety. If one person wants chicken and another is in the mood for a burger, it's super easy to make that happen here. My son absolutely loves the chicken/rib plate and it's big enough to share, but my son is 16 so there is no sharing going on here. :lmao:

Epcot: Lots of choices here for CS! I will say that Sunshine Seasons is our favorite, though. Again the variety is what really appeals to us. We also really love the freshness of the food. No fried foods here. My husband is a big fan of the pork chop while my son loves the salmon. Now my normal "go to meal" here isn't what most people go for, but I seriously could and would eat this weekly.. The tofu noodle bowl is wonderful and really hits the spot.

AK: While we really like Flame Tree BBQ, the birds tend to have us go elsewhere for dining. If birds don't bother you, this might be a good place to try for a dinner. I am a vegetarian and even I love the food here. The fruit platter is wonderful and more than filling. Plus it is a nice change when it is super hot outside. We also like Restaurantosaurus.

I would also suggest maybe taking a look at some of the restaurants at the resorts. As someone else pointed out Capt. Cook's is wonderful! It's probably in our top five for CS. Plus if you are a Dole Whip fan you are in luck. It has a Dole Whip machine. :thumbsup2 My family also really enjoys The Mara at the AKL. The food has been very, very good and we love exploring the resort and checking out the animals.

continued thanks to everyone who keeps posting suggestions. I almost feel like it's a challenge! LOL.

I would definitely eat at a resort, instead of DHS. My DH & I were at DHS on a cold day & decided to share a burger at ABC Commissary to get out of the cold. Neither of us took more than 2 bites of our burger. It was really bad. I don't know if everything is that bad, but we'll be trying for a walk-up at a TS restaurant the next time were in that situation. We definitely won't return to ABC Com.

Starring Rolls would definitely be our choice at DHS. Unfortunately, that won't work for you. As has been noted, it will be closed by dinner time.

MK-either CHH for a tuna sandwich or hop on the monorail to Captain Cooks for their turkey club

Epcot-Tangierine Cafe for their delicious lamb and chicken platter

DHS-no clue:confused3

DAK-Flame Tree BBQ for the ribs or pulled pork sandwich

We just went recently! Here's what we found.

MK -- Golden Oak Outpost. Not much to choose from (chicken fingers and fries or chicken sandwich and fries) but they were both great.

AK -- Yak and Yeti. Didn't love Flame Tree BBQ, maybe it was just bad luck, but the ribs were tough.

Epcot -- Sunshine Seasons. Something for everyone there, and different fare from the usual pizza and nuggets stuff. I had sweet and sour chicken and it was so good. Plus -- no cake in a cup here! Real slices of cake. The strawberry shortcake was terrific (again, not a jam-filled shortcake -- real whipped cream and berries).

Hollywood Studios -- We only did Pizza Planet here, so I can't really recommend anything without having something to compare it to.

Our favourite counter service ever though was at Downtown Disney. We ate at Wolfgang Puck Express on the last day and were sorry we waited. It was great. It was the only meal that truly felt like table service.

MK: Cosmic Rays or Pinnochios

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons is yummy and has a lot of options (probably our favorite QS in all of WDW). If you want food from a specific country go to their QS

HS: I definitely would NOT recommend ABC Commissary... the food is terrible. I would probably say either Pizza Planet or Backlot Express

AK: Yak & Yeti (its is a TS location and QS location) or Flametree BBQ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter