• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Port Canaveral Hotels to stay in the night before?

Shaggynamos

Earning My Ears
Hello Friends!
We are rolling a bunch of ideas around prior to our cruise in Jan 2018 and it will be here before we know it. Our cruise is Monday-Friday. We are planning on heading down the Sat or Sun before. Just looking for nice places to stay. We are a family of two adults and what will be a 8 year old when we cruise. This will be our 2nd cruise.
Thanks.

Though I have not personally been there, I just had the Radisson recommended to me, as a nice midrange hotel. they offer airport to hotel transportation as well, and the cost is reasonable if that is something you need. The person recommending has a special needs child and they like it as it makes for an easy to port morning for them.

There's a new Homewood Suites by Hilton that we just stayed at. Very nice. New rooms, free breakfast, $6 to park per day (can stay one night and shuttle to/from port to pay <$50 in parking for a 7-day cruise).

We stayed at the Hilton in cocoa beach. It was nice and right on the beach. We've stayed at the radisson too and it was fine.

The residence in is fabulous. This past cruise we stayed at the Four Points Cocoa Beach which was in a great and very convenient location. However I'll opt for the Residence Inn next time.

The residence in is fabulous. This past cruise we stayed at the Four Points Cocoa Beach which was in a great and very convenient location. However I'll opt for the Residence Inn next time.
Can you tell me more about the Residence Inn and why you liked it so much? Thanks!

Can you tell me more about the Residence Inn and why you liked it so much? Thanks!

We stated at the Residence Inn on our last Fantasy cruise. I liked it a lot a clean hotel that offers big rooms, it has a separate bedroom then a kitchen and living room with a pull out couch.
Breakfast is included and they have a cruise and stay package, and offer a free shuttle to port.

Another vote for Residence Inn. Clean, quiet, great staff. Nice rooms. Free breakfast. We tried the Hilton on the beach. On the beach was the best part of it. Didn't care for the rest. Stayed at Residence Inn multiple times. My family loves it there.

As the last couple of posters stated it is a nice clean hotel. Had a clean (no frills) in ground pool that the kids enjoyed. A good free breakfast in the morning which considering a sold out hotel was surprising not very hectic like I was expecting it to be.

they have a cruise and stay package, and offer a free shuttle to port.
Do you remember what time the shuttle goes to the port?

We are thinking of staying here next year before our cruise. Likely will have a rental car that I thought we could return earlier in the am or the evening before so we wouldn't have to hassle with it when we want to go check in at port.

How does Residence Inn compare with Hilton Homewood Suites (almost across the street from each other and each have breakfast). Just wondering because the prices are about the same. We have stayed at the Hilton Homewood Suites once before.

Last edited:
The good news is all the hotels near the Port are acceptable for a night or two. It is a safe area and you can pick one based on your budget without worries. Almost all offer shuttle services, pools, different room configurations, etc.

Apart from costs, the choice comes down to your preferences. For example, with the exception of the Holiday Inn Club none of the Port Canaveral hotels are within walking distance to beach. A mile or 3 to the south you have beautiful beaches with ocean-front hotels and a wide selection of activities and restaurants. Are you beach folks?

Having said that, you can go everywhere nearby in Uber and pay only $8 or so per trip! So it does not really matter where you stay if you are willing to use transport services.

If your child loves pools then there are very boring pools and very exciting pools - the Holiday Inn Club is very exciting for kids for example AND you can watch your ship sail in on the day of your cruise! Hotels such as Residence Inn and Homewood Suites are a bit more on the boring side when it comes to pool activities!

An you can always stay in Orlando near Disney and have fun there before shuttling to the Port on cruise day!

Here are a bit more info about the hotels mentioned so far (shuttle times, rate comparisons, room pictures, etc):
Guide to the Residence Inn for Cruisers
Guide to the Homewood Suites for Cruisers

Hello Friends!
We are rolling a bunch of ideas around prior to our cruise in Jan 2018 and it will be here before we know it. Our cruise is Monday-Friday. We are planning on heading down the Sat or Sun before. Just looking for nice places to stay. We are a family of two adults and what will be a 8 year old when we cruise. This will be our 2nd cruise.
Thanks.
Raddison is old, yet nice. It's not expensive and it's close.

The good news is all the hotels near the Port are acceptable for a night or two. It is a safe area and you can pick one based on your budget without worries. Almost all offer shuttle services, pools, different room configurations, etc.

Apart from costs, the choice comes down to your preferences. For example, with the exception of the Holiday Inn Club none of the Port Canaveral hotels are within walking distance to beach. A mile or 3 to the south you have beautiful beaches with ocean-front hotels and a wide selection of activities and restaurants. Are you beach folks?

Having said that, you can go everywhere nearby in Uber and pay only $8 or so per trip! So it does not really matter where you stay if you are willing to use transport services.

If your child loves pools then there are very boring pools and very exciting pools - the Holiday Inn Club is very exciting for kids for example AND you can watch your ship sail in on the day of your cruise! Hotels such as Residence Inn and Homewood Suites are a bit more on the boring side when it comes to pool activities!

An you can always stay in Orlando near Disney and have fun there before shuttling to the Port on cruise day!

Here are a bit more info about the hotels mentioned so far (shuttle times, rate comparisons, room pictures, etc):
Great info and links!

WOW! I have to thank you again for the above links.

I went to the main "Hotels" tab at the top of the page and found out that this site has the best info and maps! Gives you a great idea of where the hotel is actually located and info on what restaurants, etc., are close by the hotel. Hope you don't mind, but I will definitely be sharing this link with others in the future!
http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/hotels/

And, the "Shore Trips" tab has great info/ideas on what to do in the area.
http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/shoretrips/

Last edited:
Another vote for the Residence Inn, we have also tried the Courtyard by Marriott in Coco Beach and did not like it as much.

We stayed at the Radisson this past February. While we like the pool and pool-bar area the rooms were just okay. We are going to try the Residence Inn for our next pre-cruise stay in February 2018! Have a great trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter