Favorite Places to Eat Steak

MrsD1076

Earning My Ears
Where would you suggest we go that also has a good variety of other foods especially for our picky 3 year old.

Also what is Tables in Wonderland ?

TiW is a discount card available to AP holders, DVC members, and FL residents. It is $100 and gives you 20% discount on most table service restaurants (including alcohol) and some counter service. As far as steak, the best I have had on property was at Shula's but idk that I would take a 3 year-old...it's pretty pricey.

The best places for steak are the signatures so I really do not know if I would suggest them for a 3 year old...

My favorite non signature steak is the NY Strip at Kona Cafe:)

My other favorites are the signatures:

Ribeye - Le Cellier
NY Strip - Flying Fish
Filet - California Grill - Jiko

Shula's has some excellent options if your looking for huge portions and big sides 12 oz Filet, 22 oz Cowboy and 20 oz ribeye all all good choices :thumbsup2

Our favorite steakhouse at WDW is Hollywood Brown Derby in Hollywood Studios.

Our kids love it there too. The kids menus are usually pretty similar at all WDW restaurants: burgers, pizza, chicken tenders. You can check menus at allears.net.

The best places for steak are the signatures so I really do not know if I would suggest them for a 3 year old...

My favorite non signature steak is the NY Strip at Kona Cafe:)

My other favorites are the signatures:

Ribeye - Le Cellier
NY Strip - Flying Fish
Filet - California Grill - Jiko

Shula's has some excellent options if your looking for huge portions and big sides 12 oz Filet, 22 oz Cowboy and 20 oz ribeye all all good choices :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

I wouldn't worry about your 3 yo. Every restaurant on property has a simple kids menu and will accommodate all sorts of requests. So I would go with what you are interested in! We love Yachtsman and Le Cellier (those would be the two main WDW steak places) - Shula's is also very good but you'll see fewer children there. You can also get an excellent steak at places like Flying Fish, Cali Grill and Kona - lots of good choices. I'm sure you'll find something you love!

Non signature, we love Mama Melorose
Signature- Flying Fish, Le Cellier and Hollywood Brown Derby

Yachtsmen IMO. I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale so I have had Shulu's god knows how many times. But I can only get Yachtsmen while at the World and feel the steak is only slightly better at Shulu's. Love going to dinner getting the truffle mac and cheese, the filet and a flight or two of Sam Adam's seasonal's

In order (for me, anyway):

1. Citricos
  2. Narcoossee's
  3. Le Cellier
  4. The Hollywood Brown Derby
  5. Jiko
  6. Yachtsman

I don't know that I would bring a 3 year old to Citricos, though.

Can't answer about the child's meal as I don't have kids, but the best steak I had was at Flying Fish. We also ate at Yachtsman and I was terribly disappointed. Had to send my steak back twice because it wasn't cooked properly. Hard to believe that a steakhouse couldn't get it right, but the fish place could. I can't wait to go back to Flying Fish this year. And the banana napoleon at Flying Fish is INCREDIBLE!

Can't answer about the child's meal as I don't have kids, but the best steak I had was at Flying Fish. We also ate at Yachtsman and I was terribly disappointed. Had to send my steak back twice because it wasn't cooked properly. Hard to believe that a steakhouse couldn't get it right, but the fish place could. I can't wait to go back to Flying Fish this year. And the banana napoleon at Flying Fish is INCREDIBLE!

Agree 100%! I've eaten at Yachtsman twice now. The first time was with a group. I got my steak last...everyone was already eating their meal. Well, the reason my meal was so delayed was that they were overcooking it! It came out like a hockey puck...I ordered it med rare!!! Everyone told me to send it back....but they would have been eating dessert by the time I got a replacement. The second time was with another couple. We got the snootiest server. I'm not sure where he thought he was, but his attitude was one of 'aren't you incredibly fortunate to be eating here and have me for a server'. Um, no. Not the case at all. The food arrived lukewarm, after we sat and waited for it for close to 30 mins. Again, my steak was overcooked. Was med not med rare. Took forever to get drinks refilled. Perhaps our server figured that since we weren't 'drinking', his tip wouldn't be great. Well, some people don't drink...deal with it. His tip reflected his crappy attitude and service! Won't go back there.
But...love, love Flying Fish! Dear heaven, their steak has always been terrific! And dessert is soooooo good.

Also love Shula's, but it is pricey! Have eaten there several times and my beef has been perfectly cooked...every time.

This is exactly why Yachtsman is last on my list. I've NEVER had a good steak there. It's always been cooked wrong. First time was when I was young and naive. I ordered my steak medium well and got a very rare filet instead. I sent it back and had it butterflied to make sure they cooked it properly the second time. The next time we went, I had become wiser so I ordered a medium steak and got one that was well done. Both of my parents received incorrectly cooked steaks on that second trip as well.

We've only had steak at non-signature restaurants. My favorite was at Coral Reef and DH's favorite was Mama Melrose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter