Favorite places for quick service meals??

Disneygrl71

Mouseketeer
We are doing the quick service dining plan and was wanting some ideas on your favorite quick service restaurants?? We would like to do one good breakfast but I'm wondering if we would be better off paying out of pocket for that since it looks like you get more bang for your buck doing lunch or dinner? My friend suggested doing `be our guest' for breakfast...is that on the list and worth? Also something two teen boys would like?

We did the QSDP last trip, and it was wonderful - ended up with many credits left, which we converted to snacks for DD to take home (some are still in our pantry - so buying the plan obviously wouldn't make sense for us!).

Breakfast - most days for us was coffee in the room (I brought a single serve travel coffee maker as we were at Pop). And some snacks. One day I got a breakfast platter that we shared.

We did do BOG breakfast an hour prior to the park opening. The pro was we got to ride so many rides! And it was covered under the dining plan! The entree was quite delicious to her! Con: I wasn't feeling well, so we shared one meal (I couldn't eat - tummy issues from polishing off a treat from Goofy's Candy Co the night before). Also, having to get up so early isn't our idea of vacation. If you have the QSDP and want to do it, I highly recommend it, but do it when you can get in prior to park opening.

BOG lunch - if you can get it is wonderful! DD and I did that - out of what we got (we each got a soup and entree and drink) the roast beef sandwich and French onion soup were so great! It was way too much food, and I am sure it would have cost well over $50. We literally left half our food on the table. It is a lot but so good!

We love at DAK Yak & Yeti - we always share an order of the honey chicken plus a side of fried rice (and often an egg roll). It's a lot of food! We love it!

Epcot - oh dear the choices are endless.

DHS - honestly not my favorite. There are choices - just look at menus. Just remember you can take a boat or walk to the Boardwalk if you want. It's hard, since many are closing (like the Writers' Stop).

MK has a bunch.....CHH is the best IMHO, followed by Peco's Bill & Cosmic Rays.
AK Flame tree is good, but we like Restaurantosaurus...
EP there are a bunch in WS. We love Les Halles (France) & La Cantina (Mexico)
HS our go to place usually is ABC Comissary, followed by FairFax Fare

Here's our experience thus far:

MK - Columbia Harbour House and Be Our Guest
AK - Restaurantosaurus.
EP - La Cantina de San Angel and Electric Umbrella
HS - Nothing good
DS - Wolfgang Puck Express
AKL - The Mara
POR - Riverside Mill Food Court

Disney Springs - Wolfgang Puck Express for sure! Especially with teens. Lots of food for your qs credit - pastas, rotisserie chicken, pizza, salmon, meatloaf and desserts like cheesecake, frozen yogurt, cream brulee. Great credit value here!
BOG- lunch is a great meal. The braised pork or sandwiches are hearty lunches.

We have planned for our June trip

MK: Columbia Harbor House, BOG and Cosmic Rays
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons and Tangerine Cafe
DAK: Flame Tree and Yak & Yeti
HS: not much to choose from but was going to try either ABC or Starring Rolls
POFQ: Sassagoula Flatworms (our resort)
POLY: Captain Cooks (just to get Tonga Toast!)

DH and I planned on bring breakfast food with us (cereal and bars) to have in the room or split a platter OOP. I plan on using some snack credits for meal type foods too (fried rice/eggroll from Y&Y).

Wolfgang Puck express at the marketplace in disney springs is probably the best use of QS credit. The food is delicious, we have eaten dinner here the last few trips. Columbia Harbour House in MK is also really good. We like the fried shrimp platter. Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion has many great options. You can even get a steak dinner at the American pavilion in Epcot. Check out the menus for the QS places and go where the food you like is offered. We don't do big breakfasts coffee and a bagel to share is usually enough till lunch for us.

Wolfgang Puck Express Marketplace at Disney Springs is the best quick service at Disney and a great use of a quick service credit. Be Our Guest lunch was very good too but you definitely need a reservation. Les Halles in the France pavilion at Epcot is also very good, though seating can be tough. Columbia Harbor House is also good. I find the rest of the quick service places to all be jut ok.

We usually just grab something light at the park for breakfast. Morning is the bet time of day to hit the rides so we don't want to waste sitting at breakfast. And most breakfasts aren't that great at quick service places

Think everyone nailed my thoughts here. I will add if you like fried fish, hit up Yorkshire at England (in Epcot).

As for food, I would say you are better off just doing lunch/dinner. When I have had the dining plan, a lot of times we use the snack credits for breakfast (go grab a muffin or pastry). If not, breakfast things are easy to store in your room before you take off in the morning (cereals, bars, etc.). For us, it was never worth it to use a meal credit on breakfast.

We are doing the quick service dining plan and was wanting some ideas on your favorite quick service restaurants?? We would like to do one good breakfast but I'm wondering if we would be better off paying out of pocket for that since it looks like you get more bang for your buck doing lunch or dinner? My friend suggested doing `be our guest' for breakfast...is that on the list and worth? Also something two teen boys would like?

Be Our Guest was a very good breakfast.My wife and I split a meal..it was enough for us.( one credit) Plus, if you get it before opening you may get an extra ride on Mine Train or whatever you like.

Parks:
. . . EP:...Sunshine Seasons (FW)
. . . EP:...Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe Entrée Menu (WS)
. . . MK:...Columbia Harbour House (BoG, a close second)
. . . AK:...Flame Tree (good ribs)
. . . HS:...Backlot Epress
. . . BB:...Lottawatta Lodge
. . . TL:...Typhoon Tilly's
. . . DS:...Earl of Sandwich
Resorts:
. . . DEL:..Capt Cook's at Poly
. . . MOD:..Sassagoula Flatworks at POFQ
. . . VAL:..Landscapes of Flavor at AoA
. . . DVC:..Artist Pallette at SSR

Parks:
Resorts:
Disagree on Earl of Sandwich - not bad but Wolfgang Puck is table service quality good.

I got the QSDDP a couple years ago on a solo trip & found for me, it was not worth it. But here's my favorite for value & quality: Boardwalk Bakery Lobster Roll lunch special which comes with soup or salad, dessert item from the bakery & drink.

Other favorites in general: Sunshine Seasons, Tangierine Cafe, Capt Cook's, Landscape of Flavors at AoA, Flametree BBQ.

Love all the great feedback! Thanks so much! How hard is it to get a reservation for BOG early morning before the park opens or lunch?? Is that the only one that requires a reservation or are they walk ups?

Resorts...Roaring Forks(great excuse to go check out Wilderness Lodge), Pepper Tree Market
MK...Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bills
Epcot...Lotus Blossom Cafe, Sunshine Seasons
HS...cant say we have any standouts here, but Starring Rolls Cafe is good
AK...Flame Tree BBQ(this is our favorite CS in all of WDW), honorable mention Yak N Yeti

saw it mentioned once but needs to be mentioned again. Tangierine Cafe in Morocco. They have burger and chicken nuggets for kids too so it is a great opportunity for mixed parties (both adventurous and picky eaters)

Parks:
Resorts:

Sunshine Seasons: Yes love the choices and can always find a seat to eat and a great place to people watch. The food is very good
Columbia Harbur House: Agree very good
HS: We like Starring Roles

The Backlot Express at HS now has some good food options around Star Wars.

Royal Guard Burger - 1/3 lb Angus Beef Burger, Barbecued Brisket, Monterrey Jack, lettuce tomato, and a pickle on pumpernickel bun $12.49

Dark Side Chicken and Waffles - Chicken and Vadar Waffles with BBQ sauce and maple syrup $10.99

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter