Favorite piece of Disney art

ScubaD

She is my Disney
:artist: I started a thread earlier about the numbers of Disney art and the responses have me wondering this question..What is your favorite piece of Disney related art? Our two favorite pieces are our Thomas Kincade print of Disneyland's 50th anniversary and "Disney's Leading Ladies", a print of Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty and signed by the women who did the voices for each of the original movies. My DW says this is her all time favorite of our collection.

What is your favorite piece of Disney art? I look forward to hearing what others have on their walls.:artist:

I agree with the Thomas Kinkade Disneyland 50th Anniversary choice. We bought two of the 24 x 36 TK canvases with the special artist highlighted done on each.
Since I have two grandchilden who go with me all of the time to WDW, I thought that one of these days, I would like to give them each this piece.

We also have the DVC giclee that was sent out to members last year and a lithograph from World of Disney featuring the characters. I recently bought the print from the 2006 Downtown Disney Festival of Masters, which should look nicely framed next to my Blue Dog Red River Revel Triology.

:artist: I started a thread earlier about the numbers of Disney art and the responses have me wondering this question..What is your favorite piece of Disney related art? Our two favorite pieces are our Thomas Kincade print of Disneyland's 50th anniversary and "Disney's Leading Ladies", a print of Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty and signed by the women who did the voices for each of the original movies. My DW says this is her all time favorite of our collection.

What is your favorite piece of Disney art? I look forward to hearing what others have on their walls.:artist:

I've got the Disney's Leading Ladies companion piece with Mulan, Ariel, and Belle! Mine is signed, too. I love it. :love: I've also got a Mulan cel of her and her father sitting under the cherry blossom tree. Those are my favorites, but I have many more hanging in my house. So, you're not alone! :goodvibes
OK, I have to mention one more favorite - I've got a signed Lilo & Stitch cel hanging in my kitchen! LOL! :rotfl: It's one of them dancing in front of a fruit cart. You can never have enough Disney art! :thumbsup2

-Michelle

a picture of Minie its the original artwork for a xmas card its a one off

I have 3 Mickey Mouse cels that are discontinued. I love them all, I couldn't pick a favorite!! When I'm gone, my 3 kids can fight over who gets which one!!

Ours is the cel of the ballroom scene from beauty and the beast, signed by the Robby Benson & Paige O'Hara

I have lots of artwork from Ducky Williams both from the DCL cruises I've taken ( they were given to us in our stateroom) and that I've purchased. I love ALL of them and don't know that I have a favorite. I'm running out of wall space! ---Kathy

We bought the last Thomas Kinkade Disneyland 50th sold in the galleries about a month ago! We're sooo excited! The sales lady said he'll be doing Disney World too! Ahhhh!!! :)

I dont know if you would consider it "art" but I love my poster titled "Vision." It pictures the construction site of the MK with Walt and the castle silhouetted (sp) over the background...

Oh yeah! We also have an original cell used for the animation of a cartoon with Minnie kissing Mickey. So cute!

My DH started this thread, and besides the "Leading Ladies" picture, another of my special Disney pieces is a hand-drawn sketch of Stitch that an animator drew for me when DSis and I went on the animation tour at MGM. We were with a little tour group and DSis and I stopped to admire his work (he was doing work for "Brother Bear") and he kept the two of us aside and talked with us and then drew a sketch for each of us. Then he walked us over to catch up with our group. It's especially great because shortly thereafter, they closed down the "hand-drawn" part of the animation studio. :)

I love the cel of Mickey hanging in my bedroom. On our last trip I bought the Tink and Ink cel for my DD4 bedroom. She is a huge Tink fan. (gotta start em young):laughing:

I plan to buy another cel on our next trip for DD2 bedroom.

Oh how do you pic your favorite? I guess my top two would be Welcoming A New Millenium (for the year 2000 with all the characters), Kincade Disneyland 50th.

This isn't technically "art," but last year for Christmas in honor of our new purchase into DVC, my DH started a collection of Swarowski Disney characters for us. His DD4 chose Pluto to begin our collection. He is adorable! Then hopefully, if all goes as planned, we will add a new piece each year. So far, we have added on to our DVC "collection" faster than the crystal one. ;)

not sure what my favorite piece is, however I do love that kinkade pic and wish I could get a copy of it. My favorite store down at Disney is The Art of Disney store.

hmmm thats a tough one for me...we have $28,000 in Disney art...yes I know:confused3

They look great on our walls and also have Faunch who is really my favorite but is not Disney.

Our most valued art is a AP that is from Don Duckey Williams of Alice in Wonderland that was made for the Cast members only. The only thing is that it was never used so the only 2 in existance are the Original and the AP. It was Auctioned off by DDW from his private collection.

My favorite piece is of Donald Duck laughing. Gotta love Donald :thumbsup2

I have a painting that is mickey, minnie and goffy in venice. Disney and Venice are my two favorite places on earth. When I saw it in the art of disney i actually squeeled. My husband knew we were going home with that one.:cloud9:

We bought the Jedi Mickey from 2006 Star Wars Weekends. He stands about 20inches and is the coolest piece of art we own.

This year they have Minnie, Goofy and Donald all dressed like the Star Wars characters, DH may request we get those too.

Ours is the cel of the ballroom scene from beauty and the beast, signed by the Robby Benson & Paige O'Hara
I am sooooo jealous. That piece started my DH and I in the collecting mode, even though the price was too rich for us at the time and of course, has only gone up since then. We did buy the Circle of Life cel the next year as the official start to our framed art collection.

I have to say, though, my favorite "art" is a pair of Mickey and Minnie marionettes made by the Madame Alexander Doll Co. that my dad had as a child. They definitely show their wear but are precious to me just the same.

-- Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter