Favorite park shoes

I'll end up bringing my running shoes and may wear them to the parks a couple of the days, but I was just looking for quality, supportive every-day shoes that would hold up well do Disney walking... that's something that I can't just get at Target, you know?

Thanks for everyone's input so far... lots of ideas to check out!!

Be VERY weary of "support" shoes. Especially if you run in neutral shoes. More support is rarely a good thing and can actually have adverse effects on your feet in regards to running.

You want to build the feet and lower leg muscles in strength through training. Adding more support (thus reducing the "stress" on them while walking) makes you more vulnerable while running.

Walking in the shoes you run in (or another similar pair), or using shoes with LESS support when you are not running is a very effective way to add feet and lower leg strength for runners when you're not actually running.

Be VERY weary of "support" shoes. Especially if you run in neutral shoes. More support is rarely a good thing and can actually have adverse effects on your feet in regards to running. You want to build the feet and lower leg muscles in strength through training. Adding more support (thus reducing the "stress" on them while walking) makes you more vulnerable while running. Walking in the shoes you run in (or another similar pair), or using shoes with LESS support when you are not running is a very effective way to add feet and lower leg strength for runners when you're not actually running.
I wear stability running shoes- I can do with some support in my every day shoes. Thanks for the info though!

Altra....Altra....ALTRA! These are a zero drop shoe with tons of support. You can get minimalist cushioning, all the way to super cushioned. The key to these shoes is that they have no forward pitch from heel to toe. The are level. I found them searching the Internet for shoes to help lower back pain. My back killed me after a few days of standing in lines. I bought my first pair two years ago and haven't bought another brand of athletic shoe since. I am now on my fifth pair and have 4 disney trips with them so far. LOVE THEM! They are great. Check out their website. It has tons of info!

i wear my kayanos and alternate with my brooks. i'd rather wreck my $100 shoes than a very expensive vacation.

I just wore Ahnu Crissys to WDW over Thanksgiving. Super comfortable! I'm also a big fan of Tevas--Mush flip flops or Tirras.

Thanks for this thread!
I always swear by Croc flip flops at Disney, but for our January trip, I need a warmer shoe. I went shopping tonight for some of the shoes mentioned here and ended up with the Skechers GoWalk Memory Foam. I got the relaxed fit slip ons with faux laces that don't require socks. They feel great. Now to break them in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter