Favorite Park for solo visit?

happily single

Left foot first!
I will be on my solo trip from Saturday, Sept 9th thru Tuesday, September, 11th. I would like to do one park on Monday the 10th,
I did Epcot in December and Magic Kingdom in May. These are my top two contenders for this visit.
I don’t do any thrill rides. The railroad, It’s a Small World and Living With a the Land are my jam.
I haven’t been to Animal Kingdom in probably 5 years.

my goal is to walk around, enjoy the theming and food.

where would you go?

With food & wine going on, Epcot seems like a good choice.

FYI, Monday is the 11th, not the 10th. Sunday is the 10th. Not sure which one you mean - 10th or Monday. Sunday Epcot would be more crowded, I would think, with locals being there for F&W.

With food & wine going on, Epcot seems like a good choice.

FYI, Monday is the 11th, not the 10th. Sunday is the 10th. Not sure which one you mean - 10th or Monday. Sunday Epcot would be more crowded, I would think, with locals being there for F&W.
Ha.thanks. It would be Monday. I am taking an online class on Sunday, so no park that day

In my opinion the only right answer is Epcot--WS was made for walking around and sampling food and drinks, and there are a few relaxing rides if you feel like taking a spin.

I will be on my solo trip from Saturday, Sept 9th thru Tuesday, September, 11th. I would like to do one park on Monday the 10th,
I did Epcot in December and Magic Kingdom in May. These are my top two contenders for this visit.
I don’t do any thrill rides. The railroad, It’s a Small World and Living With a the Land are my jam.
I haven’t been to Animal Kingdom in probably 5 years.

my goal is to walk around, enjoy the theming and food.

where would you go?
Without a doubt, Animal Kingdom. And what's neat, I find, is that no 2 trips to Animal Kingdom are exactly the same. The animals act at least a little different every time. Epcot-WS would be my second choice for visiting every shop, but it doesn't change. One time at Animal Kingdom, I happened on a CM on one of the trails, feeding the animals in that enclosure, She showed me how they've taught each animal (there were 3 or 4) to go to a specific spot to be fed. That way there can't be one bully who runs around and grabs all the food, while one poor animal doesn't get fed. Needless to say, AK is my favorite park for solo trips.

Solo visits are wonderful. The best part for me is the flexibility....Knowing I don't need a schedule.
For me, weather is a huge factor. I love AK but in extreme heat it's my last choice. The animals hide away in the shade but there isn't much shade for us humans. As for crowds, since I'm solo, I can navigate easily. I dodge & weave as needed, but mostly, stroll at my own pace. HS is my last choice...not much for me there these days. EPCOT & MK are perfect. Have a madical visit!

Solo visits are wonderful. The best part for me is the flexibility....Knowing I don't need a schedule.
For me, weather is a huge factor. I love AK but in extreme heat it's my last choice. The animals hide away in the shade but there isn't much shade for us humans. As for crowds, since I'm solo, I can navigate easily. I dodge & weave as needed, but mostly, stroll at my own pace. HS is my last choice...not much for me there these days. EPCOT & MK are perfect. Have a madical visit!
AK is my favorite park, so I vote for it.

I don't get this about shade at AK. For example, where is the shade at Epcot? It's a concrete desert! There are many places in AK that are shaded by trees, including the animal trails, the path from Asia to Africa, most of the Oasis...

I love them all…MK for nostalgia…Epcot for Soarin and if they have a festival that is awesome…plus shopping and just people watching….AK has my fave coaster and love the shows and animals…DHS….love the rides; love Star Wars land…if I have to pick just one? MK is prob the one I would hit…but you can’t go wrong with any of them

I'm a big fan of the shows, so if I ever went solo I'd probably one with lots of shows. I love the Nemo and Lion King shows at AK. But, MK has so many more (Bears, Tiki Room, Mickey, Belle, etc.) that I'd probably just do that one LOL

My favorite park to do solo is Animal Kingdom. When I go with family or friends, they rush me through the animal trials, and they don't ever want to go to Rafikis Planet Watch. When I venture out on my own, I'm able to take my time and enjoy my favorite animal experiences.

The wrong time of year, considering when AK closes and sundown, but I would love to see Pandora at night. There in late October but even then its likely to still be too light out at 7pm. Unless I can hide out or lag around for awhile and check it out on the way out of the park.

A heads up though, since I made this mistake once. If you do their water rafting ride be sure to wear a good head-to-toe plastic tarp. If you are in the wrong spot, and hit the water at the bottom in the wrong way, you will get totally soaked. Like I was.

I did a 10 day trip in June. EPCOT was by far the most enjoyable solo, especially with Flower & Garden going on. I am going back in December when the Holiday Festival will be underway.

EPCOT has wide open spaces and feels less crowded except for the construction corridors. Yes, there is less shade, but also far more inside spaces. There are more attractions that are kind to solo people, and not so awkward getting seated with strangers.

Epcot. Going solo you can go your own pace, enjoy the attractions, and especially the food. You can sample small treats at multiple kiosks, and savor the day. Enjoy!!

I did Epcot solo for an entire day. Decided to fully investigate every shop in World Showcase. It was such a treat not to have anyone whining "Can we go now?" Loved it!

Animal Kingdom is a great strolling around walking through the exhibits type park and the food is underrated.
Does the food get better later in the day? We arrived early and struggled to get anything besides popcorn, soda, ice cream and other snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter