Favorite Orlando area attraction..other than disney

stefplus3

Mouseketeer
What else is there to do in the Orlando area? My boys aren't interested in Disney (i know....crazy kids) so we'll probably do universal 2 days with dh taking the boys and me going to mk with my dd. What could we do the other days?

Sea World and Busch Gardens,if you don't want to drive to Tampa to go to Busch Gardens there's a free shuttle that takes you to the park from Orlando.

Natural springs... Rock Springs at Kelly Park is magical; it's a natural lazy river you can rent inner tubes and float down.. it's beautiful and a really cheap day of fun. The water is crystal clear but it's cold! But wonderful on a hot summer day. There's also Wekiva Springs and Blue Springs in the area. Blue Springs is famous for huge numbers of manatees during the winter months.

Also Gatorland is fun if your kids like animals (especially reptiles!). But they have a small petting zoo too. LOTS of gators!

As someone else mentioned, SeaWorld is great. If you really want to splurge, Discovery Cove is incredible. I went as a kid and I still remember it clearly to this day. I think it's one of the best experiences in Orlando but it's quite expensive. Food, snacks, and drinks are included with the ticket though, and they cap ticket sales so it won't ever be overcrowded.

We love sea world's water park, aquatica. It is beautiful and has 2 rivers. One is very exciting. They also have a tunnel slide that goes through the dolphin area. We went to cirque du solely last year and we all loved it. Are you sure they wouldn't like Hollywood studio's? It has some really great rides and shows that my son loves and he is 13.

My 18 year old DS's favourites are:

Discovery Cove

SeaWorld

Aquatica

Outlet Malls

Mini golf (Congo River and Pirates Cove are our faves)

Cocoa Beach

Airboat Ride (Wild Willy's is awesome)

Gatorland

We have also enjoyed the Titanic Experience on I-Drive, go-karting at Kissimmee Go-Karts, and the Showcase of Citrus monster truck tour through the orange grove.

Good suggestions by other poster. I only additional suggestion I have that I didn't see mentioned is indoor sky diving in a wind tunnel on I-drive. Ten of us ages 13-76 did it a few years back, and enjoyed it.

http://orlando.iflyworld.com/

You get more air time than real sky diving. They get an interesting combination of tourists and sky diving teams who are there to hone their skills.

To reiterate some other posts. SeaWorld is a great park with world class marine mammal shows and animal exhibits, and a few good coasters. The Kennedy Space Center about an hour away has a tour that is both educational and fun. Their tour used to be sooo boring, but boy have things changed. I highly recommend some time there (fun and educational). There is always the beach. We like to do a day trip and go to Clearwater. // Gatorland is more like an old time Florida attraction vs. a world class theme park, and for my husband in particular, that's part of it's charm. Alligators jumping for frozen chickens, alligator wresting, still talk about the most exciting thing that ever happened here (back in the 80s site was used for filming one of the Indiana Jones movies). It's about a three hour place. // My son who is 18 is really into Titanic history, so we usually hit the very well done Titanic attraction on I drive too (takes about 2 hours to see.)

I saw an indoor surfing place when we were in Orlando last time & would love to try that someday, I think it's called fantasy surf.

...and I thought gatorland was very cool.

Discovery Cove was good. No one wanted to do the dolphin swim so we did the non-swim which was much cheaper. You do get to do all the snorkeling that you want and all meals, snacks are included along with towels, sunscreen and snorkel gear etc. Plus you get two weeks unlimited admission to Sea World and Aquatica. It was a great value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter