Favorite Off-site dining near SSR

MinMouse

DIS Veteran
SSR fans --- what's your favorite off-site dining near SSR. We're looking for some non-Disney dining options.

Thanks!

We really like Bahama Breeze; it is fairly quick drive from SSR - pass DTD hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd & make right after leaving property onto Route 535, drive under I-4 and then it is left bit further down road in Little Lake Bryan shopping plaza. See this link for better driving directions, menu http://www.bahamabreeze.com/

Also directly across from Hotel Plaza Blvd. gate is Crossings Shopping Plaza
( where Gooding's supermarket is located ) - just cross over 535 directly to it. There is Buffalo Wild Wings http://www.buffalowildwings.com/ ( son & friends are fans ) and when we were at wdw in July a new Fuddrucker's was about to open ( we are fans of Fuddrucker's here in northeast ) http://www.fuddruckers.com/

Also in Crossings Plaza: Pizza Uno but haven't gone there in many years ( pizza way undercooked last time we did ) and there is another pizza / Italian options eatery but not sure, think it might have been called Flippers or I am confusing name with another place - didn't try it but picked up a menu and it looked well kept inside. And there is also a Perkins and TGI Friday's too.

Mmmmm Fuddruckers! We don't have one nearby but we have a few that we run across when we go to Hershey or Lancaster, PA that we like. We may have to try that one at Crossroads! We've been to that Bahama Breeze and we would return there. I don't really remember the food but I had a great tropical drink there! Thanks for the suggestions.

Well, we aren't SSR fans (see screen name) but you can find just about anything you want for fast family dining options just across the street from the entrance to Hotel Plaza Blvd in the Crossroads Shopping Center. We like Perkins for breakfast and Fuddruckers for lunch.

Chevy's and Red Lobster are also in Crossroads.
Turn left at Crossroads intersection and you will soon come to Olive Garden on right and IHOP, Joe's Crab Shack, Chili's and Macaroni Grill on left.
Turn right at Crossroads intersection and go under I-4 and you will see Landry's and Lone Star on left and Bennigan's on right.
I'm sure there are lots of others, but these come to mind. We often eat off-site. We are undoubtedly in the minority in not often doing table service on-site. We just don't like trying to work our schedule around ADRs and we think that moderately priced table service is rather lacking in WDW. We have found that going off-site and doing either a late lunch or early dinner allows us to avoid waiting and works well with our plans. It is also often cheaper (though using DDE on-site can be a pretty good deal also). We can go to a park early then go to our room, eating off-site either before or after, and then returning to a park in the evening. We don't eat out at home that often, so I realize that those who eat at the chain restaurants at home probably do not want to waste vacation time doing the same.

Another vote for Bahama Breeze and Fuddruckers! I actually didn't know there was a Fuddruckers in Crossroads. It is on our not-to-be-missed list when we visit Hilton Head and now we'll have to add it to WDW too!

100% The Celebration Town Tavern!!!

Being a former New Englander (Bostonian), I was thrilled beyond belief to find this gem of a restaurant. It is located in Celebration, just a short ride from WDW on the lake there.

They are owned and operated by a Boston area family who also own Kelly's Landing, and they now have a couple of Florida restaurants as well. Their seafood and lobsters are fresh from New England and their clams and scallops are to die for! The best clam chowder I have ever had can also be found there.

Here is the Website where you will find directions and menus. A bonus that I found on my last visit there in July was the fact that they will accept the Disney Dining Experience (DDE card) discount as well!

This is definitely one of my not to be missed off sites restaurants when I visit now! :)

CarolAnn--Thanks for the tip. We'll try to check it out next trip. I like visiting Celebration anyway.

I like the Ale House - nothing fancy but incredible value lunches and good fish and chips (we share one portion and we have good appetites!), which always seems to be popular with locals too. Very easy from OKW and SSR - turn left at the end of Community Drive onto E Buena Vista Drive. At the lights turn right. You will see the Ale House on your left before the lights at Apopka Vineland Road.

CarolAnn -- thanks for the suggestion. We have DDE so that would be great. I've always wanted to check out Celebration anyway!

Thanks for all the responses. We are familiar with the 535 strip . . . just trying to narrow it down to places that folks on the DIS really enjoyed.

We like to eat at Steak & Shake (great steak hamburgers, fries, and shakes) and Tony Romo's Italian (great ribs). Both of these are left of Crossroads. Also another vote for Chevy's (mexican food). Will need to try Bahama Breeze as I've heard alot about it. On our last trip, we ate at House of Blues and I had catfish strips and sweet potato fries, which were great!

About 10 minutes from disney is a Mystery dinner theater called Sleuths. We had a great time there. An excellent comedy, good mystery, and pretty good food. They have about 12 different "shows". It's not disney, but it is fun.

We like to eat at Steak & Shake (great steak hamburgers, fries, and shakes) and Tony Romo's Italian (great ribs). Both of these are left of Crossroads.

That particular Tony Roma's is no more :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter