Favorite music from WDW?

Harlon

Mouseketeer
As a life long musician I find music very nostalgic. I can hear a song and see myself back in high school, or even elementary school. And certain songs always take me to WDW. Some more than others. Which songs or melodies that, when you hear them, make you close your eyes and smile and they take you to a certain Disney place?

I think #1 for me is the Peter Pan's Flight music. It's the main reason it's my favorite ride in all of Disney World. Also, the Wishes music (particularly the little girl singing "Star Light, Star Bright.") Soarin (composed by the late great Jerry Goldsmith) is also very moving to me. I could name countless others. But I thought it would be interesting to see if there are others who are as musically nostalgic as I am!

The music played after Illuminations, as Epcot is closing down, the song from Tapestry of Nations, now gone. And the music that was played during the Masquerade performances in Italy.

Wishes music... I have it on my iTunes and everytime I hear it no matter what I start bawling :) (star light... Star bright is what gets me every time)

A second vote for the Tapestry of Nations/Dreams parade music. We were fortunate to be at Epcot during the Millennium Celebration and will always remember the parade and music fondly.

Illuminations music - there's a particular part of the song where I know in the show the big rocket is going up into the air and is about to explode over our heads and it takes me right back there.

Wishes always brings me back to Disney, as does the Soarin' music.

I'm also a big fan of the song from the American Adventure and the Spectromagic song.

Weirdly, my last one is the music from Stitch's Great Escape. I don't even enjoy the attraction all that much but when I hear the music on my parks CD I could close my eyes and be right there inside the attraction.

Oh, and of course the music played when the bus arrives at the Magic Kingdom.

The opening fanfare for Spectromagic is my ringtone, so I get a reminder every time my phone rings.

"Now Is the Time" (old theme for CoP) sometimes plays in Tomorrowland and brings me back to memories of riding CoP with my grandpa. I also love the entry fanfare for Epcot. I could listen to that all day and imagine different parts of Epcot.

The opening fanfare for Spectromagic is my ringtone, so I get a reminder every time my phone rings.

"Now Is the Time" (old theme for CoP) sometimes plays in Tomorrowland and brings me back to memories of riding CoP with my grandpa. I also love the entry fanfare for Epcot. I could listen to that all day and imagine different parts of Epcot.

+1 on Now is the Time! We were at WDW when I was a little one myself when they were celebrating the 15th Anniversary (Which also had its own nifty little 15 years jingle) and any time we referenced that trip once we were home someone would start singing "Now is the time"

+1 on Now is the Time! We were at WDW when I was a little one myself when they were celebrating the 15th Anniversary (Which also had its own nifty little 15 years jingle) and any time we referenced that trip once we were home someone would start singing "Now is the time"

I totally remember it: "Fifteen years, we're having a party..." They were giving a prize every 15 seconds at the gate. My grandma really believed she would win a car. So many memories!

Another vote for the after Illuminations EPCOT music. I cry like a baby every time. Soarin' theme music. That crazy polka music that sticks in my head on Swiss Family tree house. Wishes.

The music played after Illuminations, as Epcot is closing down, the song from Tapestry of Nations, now gone. And the music that was played during the Masquerade performances in Italy.

YES! I just "discovered" this a couple of months ago and can't stop listening to it. That said, the music before, during, and after all three of the nighttime spectaculars is amazing. Love the Fantasmic! theme the most though, closely followed by Celebrate the Magic and "We Go On" from IllumiNations.

Also, love the new source audio (the music played at the beginning, end, and in between floats) of Festival of Fantasy.

In terms of background music, the Tomorrowland area music and the Epcot entrance music are great to listen to as well.

Oh, and what Disney fan couldn't include a shout-out to Soarin' music.

I love the Innoventions area music and Epcot entrance music. It just transports me to the feeling of being in Disney parks so much! And it sounds kind of 80's/90's which I also love!

I also LOVE the music used in Spaceship Earth.

There are SO many!! I have a TON of the loop music & parade/show music on my ipod and it's played all the time at home!

I think the ultimate happy make me smile music is the Adventureland loop music, or the TSMM queue music!

I also love the entry fanfare for Epcot. I could listen to that all day and imagine different parts of Epcot.

What is the music they play in FW in Epcot? I would like to play that in my car all day - takes me right back!

Wishes music... I have it on my iTunes and everytime I hear it no matter what I start bawling :) (star light... Star bright is what gets me every time)

This. Absolutely! I also agree with the OP about Soarin.

I always loved the Jammin Jungle Parade music too, so when I hear it now I'm a little sad I won't hear it again.

Final one for me is Spectromagic. I can picture the whole show when I hear it :)

The music is probably my favorite part of WDW! Nothing like hearing Main Street music when you first enter MK...same with as you enter EPCOT. Anyone remember "Tomorrow's Child" from Spaceship Earth? Spectro and Tapestry and Illuminations music all make me choke up...especially after Illum..leaving the park. Every bit of Splash MT. music! Remember "Remember the Magic"?? And I love the resort theme music. We tend to stay at CBR and I love the steel drums music in Old Port Royale and in the Custom House! Jeez, thanks for asking!!!:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter