• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Movie Theme Music

denisem

DIS Veteran
Music that makes the entire movie flash back to you in an instant?

I.E., have the TV on in the next room and heard the haunting trumpet solo from the Godfather Waltz (evidently one of the pay channels is rerunning the Godfather series soon)...

Anyhow, the entire movie flashed through my mind: Vito dancing with his daughter at her wedding, the horse's head, Michael at his father's hospital bedside...the ending where Kay sees Michael as "The Godfather" through the doorway. Music plays such an amazing role in films.

What are your musical "triggers"?

Jurassic Park. During pre-opening testing we rode River Adventure over and over and over one night, with the sound off. Wasn't the same. I started humming the theme music every time we approached the gate, and got the whole boat joining in with me. :D

Harry Potter
Indiana Jones
Pirates of the Caribbean
Independence Day

'most any theme by John Williams

To Kill a Mockingbird
The Reivers
The Wind and The Lion
Pleasantville
How the West Was Won

Rocky
Godfather
Chariots Of Fire
Apocalypse Now
Star Wars
The Blues Brothers

Out of Africa by John Barry

not a full movie but I LOVE Jerry Goldsmith's music in Soarin

Peach

Once Upon A Time In The West (pretty much the whole score for the movie is haunting, but especially the harmonica section).

or The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

i loved the shout out to Morricone and Leone in POTC:DMC during the parlay scene.

The Man from Snowy River, Empire of the Sun and The Power of One are my favorites.

One of my favorite Movie Theme music is from an older movie starring Bruce Dern called Silent Running. Great Soundtrack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter