Favorite/most comfortable shoes for Disney

NIKE Flyknit Lunarglide 1. Incredibly lightweight, nice cushion and breathable. Best shoes I've ever owned

Kristine316, I had very similar issues: plenty of energy and willingness to keep going, but the bottoms of my feet were in constant pain.

I hope the Go Walks work for you. I think I will go try some on soon! Just an FYI: I read in a few reviews online that they can wear down easily with overuse, so be careful not to wear them out before your trip!

I recently went to the podiatrist because of constant foot pain. I have tried all sorts of shoes and insoles. He was a new Doctor and recommended Redi-Thotics for me. While was getting the new "insoles" for me i noticed he was using a disney world pen. Of course i had to ask about it. He told me that he goes every year for a convention and he just loves it. He also told me that at the convention is where he first seen the Redi-Thotics. So i knew 1. This drs gonna be great he goes to WDW. and 2. These Redi-thotics are meant to be because he found them at WDW.
I have now had these in my sneakers for a month or so and have not had foot pain at all. I havent walked the amount that i will at disney, but i still have not had pain when i normally would. They were less then 50 bucks and i got the flex ones. I see that you can order them online too.
I will be bringing my Nike flip flops with comfy squishy soles on my next trip as well. When my feet are tired and sore i wear those. I am able to easily slip them off and give my feet a break for a bit. This always seems to help.

I love Asics, and not for running but for walking. I did the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer a few years ago (39-mile walk in 2 days), and that was my intro to Asics. I've been hooked on them since.

I leave for WDW in 2 weeks :yay: I need to go shoe shopping for some good walking sandals.

Question on the Sketcher GoWalks - do you wear those without socks? Also, does anyone have experience getting them wet on a ride, how quickly do they dry? Thanks!

To be honest, I'm a tad bit vain about fashion. I don't like tennis shoes/sneakers...as I don't fine them comfortable, and I wear alot of skirts;sundresses/dress shorts so they look weird.

But...I also suffer from a back injury, so I need to pay attention to what I put on my feet! I love my dr. Scholls Joliet shoes, but my feet get very sweaty! :worried:

I've been watching a few different shoe threads, and am interested in both the Skechers GoSleek Gala Shoes and the Teva Mush and Mush II.

Has anyone with back pain used either of these? Thoughts??

To be honest, I'm a tad bit vain about fashion. I don't like tennis shoes/sneakers...as I don't fine them comfortable, and I wear alot of skirts;sundresses/dress shorts so they look weird.

But...I also suffer from a back injury, so I need to pay attention to what I put on my feet! I love my dr. Scholls Joliet shoes, but my feet get very sweaty! :worried:

I've been watching a few different shoe threads, and am interested in both the Skechers GoSleek Gala Shoes and the Teva Mush and Mush II.

My DH had back surgery last year and right before our October trip he went to a sports store and got fitted for Brooks. He loves them and they help a lot with his back pain. Not so fashion forward though I am afraid.

I have lower back and hip pain if I wear shoes that provide too rigid of support for my gait.

Teva Mush is much better than Mush II. The Mush is cushy and arch supportive while Mush II are more rigid and narrow.

Skechers have really nice insoles but they didn't fit as comfortably as my Mizuno Enigmas which are highly cushioned for the walking/jogging that I do. I agree that Brooks are great - I have a pair for running and they are highly cushioned.

Some random thoughts: i have noticed that I am much happier when I change shoes when we take a break so I bring a variety (more shoes than most people, I am sure! :goodvibes)

On our trip in late October, I brought Sanuk Yoga Mats and they were wonderful. Unfortunately, I was rammed by a rude person's stroller which damaged a couple toes and took off my pinkie toenail. I doubt I will wear flips to the parks again but, if you like flips, I highly recommend them!

The incident did affect which shoes worked best for me.

I can't wear GoWalks all day without socks and never have been able to do so. They start out fine but then rub unmercifully. They look much better without socks but I wore the invisible type and didn't feel too awkward. I hope to try the sneaker type with memory foam before our next trip.

Teva Tirras were my most worn shoe during the trip. They are highly adjustable (see missing toenail above, LOL), super supportive and waterproof.

I also brought my Mizuno running shoes which were great.

I brought an older pair of Keen slides, not the sandals which are so heavy to me but a backless version, and, thank goodness too, because they have the toe protection.

I just got Toms, been wearing them around the house and I am excited about them! Very comfy!

On our trip in late October, I brought Sanuk Yoga Mats and they were wonderful. Unfortunately, I was rammed by a rude person's stroller which damaged a couple toes and took off my pinkie toenail. I doubt I will wear flips to the parks again but, if you like flips, I highly recommend them!

I was eyeing those very shoes! Sorry about your toes :( That is truly one of the dangers of flip flops and part of the reason I'm mixing in tennis shoes on this trip.

@jenjersnap said:

I had a similar incident happen to me. I had a very large woman in an ECV backed up on to my foot and then couldn't move her ECV for what seemed like a couple of minutes. Thank goodness I had my crocs on that day. My foot hurt, but no serious damage was done thanks to my sturdy, protective crocs. Every time I wear open toes shoes to the parks, someone steps on my feet, or I bump into something. I always wear my crocs at WDW.

Kristine316, I had very similar issues: plenty of energy and willingness to keep going, but the bottoms of my feet were in constant pain.

I hope the Go Walks work for you. I think I will go try some on soon! Just an FYI: I read in a few reviews online that they can wear down easily with overuse, so be careful not to wear them out before your trip!

Thank you for the heads up! I didn't realize they could possibly wear down easily... that is good to know.

Thanks to the Disboards, I'm a firm believer in Teva Mush Flip Flops for WDW... and most of my summer outside WDW.

I can wear them all day long and not feel a thing.

My 2 daughters are also converts-- my son and husband still insist on sneakers. (Though both wear Tevas around the pool.)

In fact, about 2 weeks ago I ordered 3 pair at amazon to get "the girls" all set for our summer WDW trip. The color selection wasn't fabulous but the prices were, so I picked them up.

Not a huge fan of the go walks - too little support because of my horrible flat feet! However ANY skechers memory foam range! Only some of the go walks have that, and they are the only non sneaker type shoes that I can survive in at the parks!

My wife says that Sketchers Go Walks are made from "angel wings". Not sure about that, but she tried all sorts of expensive walking / running shoes before the go walks and now all she wears on our two week long trips are go walks.

awdwnut

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Another vote for Skecher Go Walks! My trip in February was the first in a long time with no blisters and no foot pain. I can't stand shoes without socks, so I got these from Amazon. They were great....no slipping and basically no show. (they did peek out the little round hole at the heel of the Go Walks). The socks are also available in less bright colors, but I loved the brights!

http://www.amazon.com/SHEEC-SoleHug...395059019&sr=1-9&keywords=sheec+no+show+socks

I am piggy backing off of the crocs thread because it was interesting. It had me thinking about Disney shoes. I have never been able to wear tennis shoes in the parks. They get too uncomfortable after a while and start to give me blisters. My favorite shoes are the Adidas/Nike flip flops with the soft memory foam insole.

What are your favorite shoes and why?

If you like the Nike brand, try the Under Armour version! They are just as comfortable but the Nike version has that shiny fabric over the foam and I find that makes my feet sweaty. UA brand isn't shiny and works better. I own both but prefer under Armour.

My wife says that Sketchers Go Walks are made from "angel wings". Not sure about that, but she tried all sorts of expensive walking / running shoes before the go walks and now all she wears on our two week long trips are go walks.

awdwnut

Wow, that sounds even more insensitive than making boots from baby seal skins. I'm surprised angels don't have better advocates against cruelty. How do you trap an angel, anyway? :angel:

Last year I made 3 trips to WDW and each trip I wore my Merrill sneakers. They are meant to be worn without socks and have a mesh type material for the most part. They are so light that it's like wearing nothing on your feet but very comfortable. And--they wash up great in the washing machine!! :)

Another vote for Sketcher Go Walks!!! Best walking shoes I have found. Per recommendation of the disboards, I also bought some teva mush flip flops and I got awful blisters because it rained. But now I wear them every summer just around town and they are great! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter