Favorite Moment Ever at Disney World?

OK, I already posted one memory further back, but I thought of another one that I had to share!

I was 12 in 1984 - whew, that's a long time ago! - and my family (Mom, Dad, Sis, Me) were on our way to WDW. They told me we were staying in a small motel kind of far away from WDW so we'd have to drive in every day. It didn't have a pool or anything fancy, just a place to lay our heads at night. I was a pretty grateful kid so I didn't complain, what did I know anyway?

Anyway, my parents had tricked me and the next thing I knew we drove into the front gate of Disney and I asked where we were going. They sort of smiled at each other and said I would see. Sure enough, we pulled right into the Polynesian, our home for the next week. I screamed and yelled and kissed them a billion times and explored every square inch of that resort. It was magical in itself, but even more so for being such a wonderful surprise! :love:

My sons 5 and 6 and 10 at the time were having their photo taken with Minnie and Mickey and I walked up to retrieve them. I was quite pregnant at the time and my DH and I were hoping that we would have a little girl this go round. Minnie ran up to me and kissed my tummy. I almost cried, especially when we got home and our next ultrasound showed a baby girl!!! Minnie really gave new meaning to Pixie dust for us! My daughter is now 6 and is as much a Disney addict as I am.

My Favorite Memory occurred this past March when I took a mother/daughter trip with my mom. I loved hearing how my grandfather (who died when I was four) loved the POTC ride, that he and my mom and grandma went on in 1971 when the park first opened. He couldn't get over how they looked so real! I love that story, made me happy to share the moment with my mom!

Of course, every trip is wonderful, but 2 trips stand out to me. In 2002, after our first daughter was stillborn, I was pregnant again. But 5 days before our scheduled trip to WDW, I miscarried. I insisted that we not cancel our trip because I knew there was no other place I would rather be than WDW to help raise my spirits and begin the healing. It worked and we managed to have a good time. So that trip was bittersweet, but helped me so much.

Fast forward to May of 2005 and we take our 22 month old dd to WDW for the first time. I always cry at the show that MK does at the train station before the park opens, but this year I was sobbing like a baby! After all we had been through, dh and I were finally there with our little girl to introduce her to our favorite place!! I am sure I embarrassed dh with my boo-hooing :) , but I couldn't help it.

We are going back in a few weeks. It will be dd's 3 trip (she is now 4) and ds (16 months) second trip. I have no doubt that we will make a ton of new and favorite memories this time around also.

Of course, every trip is wonderful, but 2 trips stand out to me. In 2002, after our first daughter was stillborn, I was pregnant again. But 5 days before our scheduled trip to WDW, I miscarried. I insisted that we not cancel our trip because I knew there was no other place I would rather be than WDW to help raise my spirits and begin the healing. It worked and we managed to have a good time. So that trip was bittersweet, but helped me so much.

Fast forward to May of 2005 and we take our 22 month old dd to WDW for the first time. I always cry at the show that MK does at the train station before the park opens, but this year I was sobbing like a baby! After all we had been through, dh and I were finally there with our little girl to introduce her to our favorite place!! I am sure I embarrassed dh with my boo-hooing :) , but I couldn't help it.

We are going back in a few weeks. It will be dd's 3 trip (she is now 4) and ds (16 months) second trip. I have no doubt that we will make a ton of new and favorite memories this time around also.

You just totally made me tear up! If had been there and seen you crying at rope-drop, I would have given you a hug, even if I didn't know why!

For us, it has to be January 2003, when we were there to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. First day there, we were selected to be Grand Marshalls of the Magic Kingdom's afternoon parade. An absolutely awesome and unforgettable experience! :love: :wizard: :goodvibes

I have several that could rate as most memborable. The first was the very first time I went to WDW back in 1972 when my brother tricked me into standing in front of the tiki god quartet near the tiki room. Back then they didn't spray water, they played drums. I was quite startled! To this day I still seek revenge, which is a dish best served Cold.

May 2007 is my second favorite. Pretty much the whole trip (even though I did manage to break a temporary crown while there. We stayed at the Beach Club. My wife managed to totally surprise me with the Behind the scenes Train Tour, and I managed to totally surprise her with a sign-diver at Coral Reef. We also got to be first family on Space Mountain one day. I got visiously malled by the MC in the Monsters INC show (I was the 'go to' guy for every crowd joke :) ). We got to see Wishes from the top of the Contemporary (did you know that if you go out to the end of the walkway up there, you can look straight down the road that runs from the central hub in MK to the Liberty Belle?).

There were many other things....it was a great trip!

I figured the other day that we spend 24 days/nights a year at WDW. It's hard to remember them all! :goodvibes

I have so many favorite memories, but I think my #1 was the year my son was head-over-heels-in-love with Cinderella :love: He was about 4-5 years old and we saw her at her coach outside the palace during a MNSSHP. I soooo wish I'd have dressed him as Prince Charming for the party ;) She spent so much time chatting with him - when we walked away, he GUSHED for at least 2 hours, on and on about "how nice she was, her hair was the same color as mine (I think she might have mentioned that to him, which was nice 'cuz usually everyone drools over his brother's red hair and my blondie always gets overlooked and walks away sulking 'what about me?'), her dress was his favorite color" and on and on. (it was especially nice since his brother who usually chats 100 mph was asleep in the stroller, so he was able to go on and on about her without getting interrupted). My biggest regret was that we didn't capture the magic on videotape.

We have had sooooo many great moments to remember that it is almost too hard to pick one -- OK, not really, there is one that stands out that I will never forget.

Our DD (who is now almost 18) was about 4 at the time. We were there in the early December and the crowds were nearly non-existent. We had dinner at the Sci Fi near closing time -- probably at 7:30pm. By the time we left the restaurant we were about the only people in Sci Fi. We headed out to the left and toward the Chinese Theater. There wasn't a person ANYWHERE to be seen other than us (myself, DW, DD and DS -- about 2 then). We hit the front of the theater and they were playing a song from the Music Man (Til there was you) which I knew well since I was Harold Hill in the show once before. So I picked up my DD and started ballroom dancing with her and singing the song to her -- spinning her, dipping her all the while she was smiling from ear to ear and loving it -- but not nearly as much as Daddy was. Priceless. We're going again in January -- maybe I should make try to recreate the moment -- then again, I can't pick her up and I probably couldn't improve on the past anyway.

That is the top one -- which is only slightly better than this one. Same trip -- we were visiting hotels for their evening tree lighting (probably don't do that anymore) ceremony. The Yacht Club had Belle and the Beast scheduled to attend. We were early waiting around in the lobby with about 50 other people. Our 2 year old son was walking up and down the steps -- for no reason -- and we felt that since he wasn't hurting anything -- why not let him go -- it would tire him out. After doing this for about 5 minutes I noticed that on one side of the lobby Beast was ready to make his entrance. As he started down the steps we turned to tell Scott to look -- only to find him coming down the steps -- with Belle. She grabbed his hands and brought him down. The look on his face was awesome -- he was in love.

I guess that's why we keep going back.

My most memorable is definately during one MVMCP and Connor was about 4 at the time. It was "snowing" and being we are from Florida, he had never seen snow and he yelled out "this is the best christmas ever." This is one of my most fave moments!!!

My own definition of Disney Magic!

When I was seven, my family took a trip to WDW. My dad has always been big into photography, so he was taking pictures of everything. We found Mickey, and there I was, in my little mouse ears, waiting in line to meet Mickey Mouse. It seemed to take forever, but finally I was next. Just as the person in front of me walked away, a grown man jumped right in front of me to take a picture. I burst into tears. Here's the Magic. Mickey reached around the man, took my hand, and pulled me around to him. Our album has a picture of a little girl with a tearstained face and an ear-to-ear grin holding tight to Mickey's hand.

That is Disney Magic.

We have two moments. The first was on Main Street. It was my daughters
6th birthday. We were walking by Casey's and a cast member came up and explained that the group of people behind him were cast members in training. He told her they needed to practice singing to guests so they all sang happy birthday to her in the middle of Main Street.
The second was our trip in February 2007. My son was 1 and sitting in a high chair at chef mickeys. When mickey visited our table he bent down to see my son. My son leaned over and kissed Mickey on the nose.
Both very special moments.

Probably my most memorable moment didn't even happen to me. It happened to a special needs child.

This was about 20 years ago, my first visit to DW, and we were in front of the American Adventure when Mickey Mouse walked up. As we waited our turn to get a pic with Mickey, a woman approached with a little girl in a wheelchair, probably 8 or 9, and it was obvious she was physically and mentally challenged.

The little girl was looking up at Mickey in awe and he went over to her and signed "I love you". The mommy told the little girl what Mickey had said and you have never seen a child's face light up like that little girl's did.

It brought tears to my eyes. Still does just thinking about it. That was Disney magic is action.

Standing alone on the porch of the Crystal Palace right after Wishes. My family was coming to join me but for the moment I was alone watching everyone stream out of the park. Everyone I saw looked so happy, and the music and the lights were so beautiful, and I felt so content standing in the middle of everything. I started crying, because it was one of the best moments of my life and I've yet to feel anything as real or as happy as I did in that moment. I have so many magical moments but that one is the winner.

SOOOOO many magical memories! On our very first trip, DD was 5 and my niece was 13 months old. I will never forget the looks on their faces when we saw Beauty & the Beast- they were both totally mesmerized! DD's eyes were glowing and my niece kept pointing and saying "Ooooh! Oooooh!"

Then there was the trip when DD was 6 (3rd trip). On each trip previously we'd hunted for Mulan, to no avail. Suddenly, there she was in DHS! DD waited patiently, chatting with me, 2 aunts, 2 uncles (but we weren't in the line, just walked alongside). DD was SO excited, and finally she was next! She ran up to Mulan and said, "Mulan, I've been waiting forever to meet you!" Mulan dropped to one knee, wrapped DD in a hug, and said, "Sarah, I've been waiting forever to meet you, too!" (ok, mommy moment, let me wipe my eyes…).

THe year DD was 7 was the trip that Dopey picked her out of the parade crowd. He liked her hat, and stole it, took it into the parade to play with, brought it back and then took DD into the parade to play and dance with him!

BUT… one of my most magical moments was the Christmas trip when DD was 12. My MIL met us in Florida to spend the week with us. On MIL's arrival day, we collected her from the airport, went back to our condo for a rest, made dinner, then headed to MK for MNSSHP. As we were approaching the MK on the monorail, my 75 year old MIL grabbed my arm and said, "I'm so excited!!" and started to giggle!

(PS I don't care if this is a zombie thread- I loved reading it!!)

I know my new favorite moments will be happening in November when I take my two young kids for the first time! Other than that, I would say my memory of riding Dumbo with my dad when I was a little girl is priceless.

When my daughter was 5 years old, she had many fears, though I was unaware of her being afraid of any Disney characters. The first day of our trip, we walked into the MK right when the afternoon parade was coming down Main Street. Suddenly, she was afraid of the characters, especially the villains. It was not a good start to our trip. However, the next day at Epcot we saw that parade and her face was lit up with joy. She interacted with the parade CM's and I have many pictures of her smiling with the performers. She told me she wasn't afraid of them because she could see their faces. That became our favorite parade.

A close second is when we got a drink and a snack one night at the Electric Umbrella and took it to their outside patio, since it was such a nice night. Just then the fountain started dancing, complete with music and colored lights. At the time, I had no idea it did that. Relaxing there with the kids, watching the fountain show with the weather just perfect was a wonderful moment.

We went several times when I was growing up but then I didn't go again until college. It was so weird to see the things I remembered from trips growing up, mostly because those memories were of such random things! I remembered the area in Epcot where the water in the fountains kind of jumped and the light up floor that played music when you stepped on it.

Now that I've gone back lots (how did I go all those years without Disney?!), my favorite memory is running the marathon in 2013 with my boyfriend (now fiance, and we're having a Disney wedding!). I think it was so special to me because I knew how much he hated it but he didn't want me to run my first one alone so we did it together. It drives him nuts now because every time we walk from HS to Epcot I can't help but say "Remember when we ran the marathon through here?"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter