Favorite Moderate resort?

What is your favorite Moderate resort?

• Port Orleans - Riverside

• Port Orleans - French Quarter

• Coronado Springs

• Caribbean Beach

• None - I stay in nothing less than DELUXE!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bornteach

<a href=http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor><br><im
Hey all, I am taking a straw poll, can you tell me your favorite moderate resort and why??

My DW and I love POFQ, we stayed there on our Honeymoon April '07 and again last September. We love the theme, the food, and of course the entertainment..My man Elliot Dyson brings it (if he is still there) Thursday Night - Saturday Night. The pool is fun even for adults and I like how the hot tub is set back a little from the main pool area. We love waking up early and taking a nice walk before heading out for the day the property is just absolutely gorgeous...

I am with Kathy - CBR all the way!:goodvibes

Tropical beaches and colors - need I say more???!

I'll preface by saying I've only tried Coronado Springs. But I loved the theming, and the view, and the dedicated buses (did not share with any other resort). The pool area (Dig Site) was just beautiful, and there were hammocks everywhere along the paths. I had a water view in Casitas 5, which was halfway between the Dig Site and El Centro. Although the walks can definitely be long, I didn't find them excessively so. My location was also very close to a bus stop...the first one to pick up/drop off, and that colored my experience towards the positive.
Mousekeeping was diligent, bell services very good, and I had towel animals every single day. I'm just lucky, I guess.

We've stayed at POFQ and CBR and really love them both. We decided to go back to CBR this time because it's just so beautiful and quiet. We stayed there for our 5th wedding anniversary and just fell in love with it. I have never been to the Caribbean, but I feel like I have after staying at the CBR.

I'll preface by saying I've only tried Coronado Springs. But I loved the theming, and the view, and the dedicated buses (did not share with any other resort). The pool area (Dig Site) was just beautiful, and there were hammocks everywhere along the paths. I had a water view in Casitas 5, which was halfway between the Dig Site and El Centro. Although the walks can definitely be long, I didn't find them excessively so. My location was also very close to a bus stop...the first one to pick up/drop off, and that colored my experience towards the positive.
Mousekeeping was diligent, bell services very good, and I had towel animals every single day. I'm just lucky, I guess.

The place gets a bad rap... but I am 2 for 2 at Coronado.

Best mod pool. Best Mod transportation. Sign Me Up.

We have only stayed at the Coronado. The only other one we've given a passing thought to is the POFQ (the POR theme and the CBR theme just do not appeal to us at all). However, we haven't and probably won't try the POFQ because we just can't see leaving what works for us. We've had seven perfect stays at the CSR and it has truly become our home away from home. My DH even offered me the Poly for our 25th wedding anniversary this past September, and I chose to stick with the CSR because it just fits us perfectly.

CSR is my family favorite! Check out my CSR website below for pics and info. CSR has newly renovated rooms, queen beds, full menu room service, a terrific main pool area and great transportation that is not shared with other resorts. They also offer a spa, salon, fitness center and more.

Pick which theme you like best and which resort amenities meet your family's needs.

ostjs3.jpg

2igcfa0.jpg

CSR!! We love CSR for the atmosphere, great CM's and the deluxe-lite feel. CSR offers a spa, salon, full menu room service and fitness center not to mention a terrific main pool area and the best transportation that is not shared with any other resort. It's like taking two vacations in one. CSR offers queen beds too!

I chose CBR. We have stayed at POFQ and CBR. We really enjoyed both resorts but liked the theming at CBR a little more. We do not like CSR. We've visited friends at the resort and eaten at the Pepper Market and really didn't like any of it. That's what's so wonderful about Disney, there's something for everyone. :goodvibes

The only Mod we've stayed at was POFQ, which we loved. We've stayed there twice - once for our honeymoon - and once with the whole family (DS6, DD9) and LOVED it.

So I voted for that. Although I must say that we stayed in building 5 on our honeymoon, and the bed was VERY comfortable. But when the whole family went about a month ago, we stayed in building 7 and the bed was hard as a rock. Didn't ruin our time though.

We did the carriage ride at night along the river during the honeymoon and it was incredible.

I actually like all of them! But I voted for POR because I just think their grounds are the most beautiful and the buildings are so pretty. I really think you can't go wrong with the moderates they are great. They are all large and spread out so you will have to walk a lot at all of them, they all have great theming and nice pools. We did like the counter service at Pepper Market in CSR the best out of all the food courts for the moderates.

We have only stayed at POFQ in 1996 so I voted for it - but our next trip will be a CBR and I am really looking forward to a full week @ CBR!

I have stayed at CBR and POR and really liked them both.
The only complaint I had about POR was the sheer size and if you get into a building in the far back you have a lot of walking to do to get to the amenities. We ended up staying in the Magolina Bend section and it was great location. We also like taking the boat to Downtown Disney.

Why didn't you list the Wildnerness Lodge??:lmao: :lmao:

I voted for Riverside, with the caveat that I have never stayed at FQ. We didn't really like Carribbean Beach (it was years ago though) and we visited Coronado when friends were staying there and were unimpressed there too. Love, love, love Riverside though (although it was Dixie Landings last time we stayed there!). Theming was great, restaurant was great for breakfast, lots of activities, and beautiful grounds. For the price, I'd rather just get a deal and stay at the Swan or Dolphin though.

My favorite mod is CSR. The service was great, and the pool and hot tub looked awesome (I didn't have time to use the pool/hot tub). I love the new beds- they are comfy! I don't know how I would like the rooms if they weren’t updated though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter