Favorite Mode of Transportation while at WDW

Favorite Mode of Transportaion While Visiting WDW

• Personal car

• Rental car

• Resort/ Park buses

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tiggerlovinggrandma

Mouseketeer
We will be going to WDW in April 2012 to celebrate our DGS's 5th birthday. We usually drive down however we are considering flying this trip. DH says we should rent a car at the airport. Our daughter however suggests we put the rental car and gas money towards an on site Disney resort (POP, All Star Movie or Carib Bch) and use the bus system instead. For visits to Universal and Seaworld, she says we can take a shuttle or taxi? Since we have never used the Disney bus system, I wanted to see which mode of transportation is a favorite among fellow Disers? Also what suggestions, advice would you give to someone who has never used the buses? Do the on site resorts offer shuttles to other area parks (Seaworld for example) or is a cab the only other option?

We will be going to WDW in April 2012 to celebrate our DGS's 5th birthday. We usually drive down however we are considering flying this trip. DH says we should rent a car at the airport. Our daughter however suggests we put the rental car and gas money towards an on site Disney resort (POP, All Star Movie or Carib Bch) and use the bus system instead. For visits to Universal and Seaworld, she says we can take a shuttle or taxi? Since we have never used the Disney bus system, I wanted to see which mode of transportation is a favorite among fellow Disers? Also what suggestions, advice would you give to someone who has never used the buses? Do the on site resorts offer shuttles to other area parks (Seaworld for example) or is a cab the only other option?

You are going to get A LOT of different replies to this one!!! We always stay on resort and use the WDW buses. If you stay off resort you will have all the extra costs, ie rental costs, gas, parking charges, waiting both ends for the park shuttles to take you to the entrances of the parks from the parking lot etc. Disney resort buses will drop you at the gates. It's just so much more convenient staying on resort and oh so pretty. Plus you get the EMH at the parks and its easy to just go back to your resort for a break and a swim etc. As for Universal just go for a cab or use the Mears shuttle service that picks you up at your resort. You can do this for Seaworld as well but there is also a cheaper option that we always do and thats the Lynx Bus 50 that picks up at the TTC and DTD (right outside the Hilton Hotel) and stops right outside Seaworld and I think it was about $2 (not sure as DH did the paying!!) and less for seniors and free for tiny ones.

So thats a :thumbsup2 from me, I agree with your daughter.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter