Favorite Marriott near WDW

aksmith83

Earning My Ears
we are thinking about a quick tag along trip with my husband in Feb. He will be down there for work so looking to meet him for a bit of a long weekend. We are looking to use our Marriott points. Is there a Marriott near WDW that you would recommend? We normally stay on site as we are DVC but we already have plans for our points.

I know Marriott and Starwood are now related. Has anyone been able to transfer their Marriott points to Starwood points and then book a stay at the swan or dolphin? we are platinum members so I believe the points transfer 1:1

Thanks!

We love the Marriott Grande Vista. Check out pictures of it.

I usually stay at the Sheraton Vistana Villages, a Starwood timeshare property, but your options for points may be a bit limited there.

As long as there is availability and you have enough points, you should be able to book a room at the Swan or Dolphin. The points transfer will be 3 Marriott points to 1 Starwood point. So, the Dolphin essentially is 30,000 Marriott points per night, and the Swan is 36,000-48,000 Marriott points per night. As Marriott platinum members, you can also benefit from a status match which will give you some very nice perks at the Starwood properties. This includes an upgrade to the best available room at check-in (up to a standard suite), as well as continental breakfast for 2 people each day of your stay.

Thanks for the recommendations I'll be sure to look into everything. Right now I can't get the last night at the Swan or Dolphin but gong to keep checking.

Yes I was wrong about the 1:1 points. I had read that on another thread but when I went back to check the actual Marriott site it was wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter