Favorite Margarita

I make a good one with fresh strawberry puree and my own simple syrup. Add fresh lime juice, Grand Marnier, and top shelf tequila. Put it all on the rocks with a sugar/salt mix on the rim. YUM.

How timely! Cinco de Mayo is not a big thing in Nova Scotia, but one of my friends just posted this on Facebook, and I think I have a new favorite way to serve watermelon:

Watermelon-rita

Cut a watermelon into slices.
Soak slices in tequila for at least an hour.
Dip in coarse salt, squeeze a little lime. Portable margarita!

http://myfridgefood.com/recipes/drinks/watermelon-rita/

I don't usually like frozen margs but...

My daughter brought one of those super duper blenders that can puree a brick, which I refer to as, "my margarita machine". Anyway, take out your margarita machine, add about half a can of frozen lime aide, 4 - 6 shots of Anejo, some Cointreau, and a freshly peeled mango. Blend to perfection. Repeal.

Easy peasy.

Along with the mango I've added guava, strawberry, banana, and a few other fruits. I have substituted pomegranate for mango but it's a pain so I rarely bother. I like the simplistic approach.

Funny story - we took a family trip to Disney a few years ago and actually packed that thing in checked luggage! It's pretty big and heavy but I'll be darn if it wasn't worth the effort!! Sure glad my status with United allows free checked bags!

Cheers!

DH and I love the Platinum Presidente Margarita at Chili's. We only go there for a late lunch when we don't have to do anything else productive for the rest of the day. We are functional after splitting three of them. Once DH accidentally (after finishing one each) ordered two for the second round instead of one to split. Neither of us could totally finish them --- I wanted a doggie bottle but they said no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter