• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FAVORITE ITALIAN RESTAURANT

What is your FAVOITE ITALIAN RESTAUARNT?

• Il Mulino

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Tutto Italia

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Via Napoli

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Tony's Town Square

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Trattoria al Forno

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Portobello Country Italian Trattoria

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

disnmooner2013

DIS Veteran
What is your favorite Italian Restaurant in Disney World and why? It will be my wife, 2-1/2 year old daughter, and myself. We will be staying at the Yacht Club. Il Mulino to me looks like it has the best and most extensive menu. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated for favorite/best Italian Restaurant.

Last edited:
We have only been to Tutto and Tony's. We tried Tutto for lunch our most recent trip for Thanksgiving and it is a new favorite. I had lasagna and it was wonderful. The other 2 in my party have food allergies and they split pasta with sauce which they really liked. They were able to have sorbet for dessert and I had some type of cake with gelato. Tony's we go to for dinner every trip and enjoy the spaghetti and meatballs. I had the tiramisu for dessert. I think they had sorbet there as well. It gets mixed reviews but we always have had good food and service.

What is your favorite Italian Restaurant in Disney World and why?
Thanks for posting this poll!!! I was having a discussion with some friends about this just a couple of days ago. Basically, we love Il Mullino at the Swan and find it semi-amusing that Disney decided to build yet another Italian restaurant at BW considering the number of other Italian restaurants already nearby.

Il Mulino, hands-down, above all others.

However, if we want something more casual and a little quicker, we would do Trattoria, followed by Via Napoli (particularly for lunch as the others aren't open for dinner)

I wouldn't step inside the others listed.

We've only been to Portobello two years straight, and excellent dinner and wonderful atmosphere. Going to Tony's in March:)

We like Tutto, but it is really overpriced, even by Disney standards. Tony's is bland- not a good one, in our opinion.

We want to try Il Mulino next trip!

Using the "3 strikes, you're out" rule, we've eliminated Il Mulino from our dining rotation. Loving Italian food, we've had to find a place for good food, good service and good value. For us that is now Trattoria al Forno.

Using the "3 strikes, you're out" rule, we've eliminated Il Mulino from our dining rotation. Loving Italian food, we've had to find a place for good food, good service and good value. For us that is now Trattoria al Forno.

What was wrong with Il Mulinos. That is the one I was leaning towards going to with my wife and 2-1/2 year old duaghter? It looks like the best and most extensive menu for the Italian Restaurants. Also, it will be real convenient as we are staying at Yacht Club.

Lots of people love Il Mulino. We just haven't been impressed. Not that it was terrible, it wasn't. We had seen so many great reviews that we thought it would be fantastic, but it didn't live up to the expectation. Too expensive for the quality of food although portions were large. As I recall, the best part of the meals was the bread. You might have a totally different experience, obviously our opinions are in the minority. Best of luck whatever you decide!

Lots of people love Il Mulino. We just haven't been impressed. Not that it was terrible, it wasn't. We had seen so many great reviews that we thought it would be fantastic, but it didn't live up to the expectation. Too expensive for the quality of food although portions were large. As I recall, the best part of the meals was the bread. You might have a totally different experience, obviously our opinions are in the minority. Best of luck whatever you decide!

THANKS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter